Confirmed with Link: Mikael Granlund for a 2nd Round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
The glass half full approach to this deal when it comes to the silly cards: this was Carters profile in LA when dealt to Pitt.

1677784923879.png

This is him after the trade
1677785154136.jpeg

Bad news still is that he fell off 7 months later back to where he was.

Reactions: BusinessGoose

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The glass half full approach to this deal when it comes to the silly cards: this was Carters profile in LA when dealt to Pitt.

View attachment 661289
This is him after the trade
View attachment 661292

Bad news still is that he fell off 7 months later back to where he was.

The thing with the JFresh cards is that they're not predictive of future performances, they just show past performances.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
The thing with the JFresh cards is that they're not predictive of future performances, they just show past performances.
Of course, and there is definitely an inability to account for coaching still. But they aren’t useless to evaluating a players current performance.

Look at Doughty and I would argue Gibson. Doughty looked like a bottom pair d according to these things for a bit there because he obviously wasn’t even trying. I think it’s the same deal with John Gibson and was the same deal with Carter before age actually did hit Carter.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Of course, and there is definitely an inability to account for coaching still. But they aren’t useless to evaluating a players current performance.

Look at Doughty and I would argue Gibson. Doughty looked like a bottom pair d according to these things for a bit there because he obviously wasn’t even trying. I think it’s the same deal with John Gibson and was the same deal with Carter before age actually did hit Carter.

I hope we acquire Gibson this summer tbh.

Probably would come cheap and is contract controlled.

ZorkEnchanter

Aug 16, 2020
The thing is, Edmundson would be great here to replace Dumo, but not if it costs a 1st. The question is, what other LD options are out there besides him?

He might... I'm completely dubious on anything Hextall in conjunction with Sully do. Neither of them seem to be on the same page.

And Hextall does not have a plan... I think he just has D&D dice at this point. He just rolled a 1 and we got Granlund.

Reactions: Andy99

RSPens

May 25, 2015
He might... I'm completely dubious on anything Hextall in conjunction with Sully do. Neither of them seem to be on the same page.

And Hextall does not have a plan... I think he just has D&D dice at this point. He just rolled a 1 and we got Granlund.
Not sure if I would classify it as Nat1, but it's not far off.

RSPens

May 25, 2015
You mean the guy that the team could have been playing all year, but instead keep trucking out the corpse of Dumo every game?

I know that he was kept down because of Waiver status, but if he was a part of Hexie's plan for this year, he would have been up and playing well before now. Hexie has shown that he isn't afraid to waive players now, but he could have waived Friedman and Ruh and had Smith up all year.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida

Probably could have grabbed him cheap this entire season. Any proposal for him gets drug through the coals on the MB because Ducks fans are utterly disillusioned with the guy. Summer is when playoff losers shop for goaltending, and teams who are excited about the following year also shop. For whatever reason they always seem to get in bidding wars in the Summer - but bargain binned mid season.

I would have loved him, minimal retention with Jarry going the other way. No reason to take any chance on Jarry and I'd be shocked if some other team doesn't. He's basically the best FA goalie available.

The thing about him is that he'd go from seeing the most shots to middle of the pack - with better supporting players. That's a guy who could absolutely rebound here. Alas. I mean, it's a gamble for sure but won't be any more expensive than the middle-of-the-pack free agents available who are all mediocre and will command term.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Mike Johnston, nhln, said, "good teams look for players that are over performing their contracts, the Pens just traded for a guy underperforming his contract."

Yep. In the cap world you need players who over perform their contracts. How many of those do we have?

Reactions: Andy99 and td_ice

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Crosby, Malkin, Guentzel. That’s it.
Does Jake out perform is contract though? Hes been a useless twat for a good chunk of the season. Sid has been bouncing pucks off him just as much as Jake has been driving the play.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Does Jake out perform is contract though? Hes been a useless twat for a good chunk of the season. Sid has been bouncing pucks off him just as much as Jake has been driving the play.
6 mill for a ppg is still out-performing it, just not by the regular rate we’re used to.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Just as I suspected, Sally sabotaging the trade by putting him on the PK where that isn't his strength and not reuniting him with Zucker because he doesn't want to hurt Rusts feelings.

Reactions: td_ice

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida

If anything maybe a change of scenery does Gibson good. Going back home may be the only place he'd consider going because it's reported he doesn't want to leave Anaheim.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad