OT - NO POLITICS Memorial Day & Here Comes Summah edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Well, this has been a day.

And I'm not even talking about hockey :laugh:

They announced a mid year bonus at work for everyone (which I knew was coming a while back, one perk of being in HR lol). Mine was a decent chunk of change, I'll take what I can get these days for sure.

Then they said all management and staff with over 20 years with the company are getting an all expense paid trip to Greece later this fall. Which, while very nice, does not thrill me because the thought of all that flying makes me sick, plus I don't even have a passport. Can I have the cash equivalent??

They also catered breakfast and lunch today and finished off with an ice cream truck out front with the world's slowest ice cream scooper guy :laugh: At least the double fudge brownie was good

20240701_151501.jpg

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I did. I also read you wanting people to not share their opposing opinions of the jury because you guess they did a good job.

Just my opinion though
Yea. I don't want to hear the conspiracy bullshit (they were paid off, there's a mole ect) or people trashing the jury and calling them stupid ect. There is one poster and it isn't you or I that has done both any time this case has come up for discussion.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Yea. I don't want to hear the conspiracy bullshit (they were paid off, there's a mole ect) or people trashing the jury and calling them stupid ect. There is one poster and it isn't you or I that has done both any time this case has come up for discussion.
Just like you stated though. This is a board of opinions. Which means you choose to read or not to read it. Different views are not made to order

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
Well, this has been a day.

And I'm not even talking about hockey :laugh:

They announced a mid year bonus at work for everyone (which I knew was coming a while back, one perk of being in HR lol). Mine was a decent chunk of change, I'll take what I can get these days for sure.

Then they said all management and staff with over 20 years with the company are getting an all expense paid trip to Greece later this fall. Which, while very nice, does not thrill me because the thought of all that flying makes me sick, plus I don't even have a passport. Can I have the cash equivalent??

They also catered breakfast and lunch today and finished off with an ice cream truck out front with the world's slowest ice cream scooper guy :laugh: At least the double fudge brownie was good

View attachment 890924
Congrats!! Sounds like your company knows how to treat its employees.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Well... they are doing better in the last couple years than they used to, I will give them that lol.

And our CEO just came around a few minutes ago and delivered personalized AirPod Pros to management staff.

Yeah it's been a good day lol
Are they going to foot the bill for the taxes on the Greece trip?

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Hopefully some more attention can be paid to the Sandra Birchmore case...
Lots of cops involved in the Read case are involved in the Birchmore case.

Feds are looking at both cases. Not a coincidence.

Hopefully justice will be served. Sending an innocent women to prison isn't justice for JOK. Evidence already says he wasn't hit by a car. Science says it too.

The Birchmore case is appalling. That poor girl deserved better.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Should of seen the huge ass Hawk on the 17th tee twenty feet above giving me the stink eye
Beautiful bird

Never really spent much time thinking of them but got one of those squirrel buster bird feeders from my sis in law because my yard has lots of birds - and now my yard is loaded with every type of bird and even an occasional duck

I’m fascinated with them now (i understand Tony Soprano infatuation with them)

We get a hawk every now and then cruising around - went right over my dog which weighs 65 lbs and had a wtf reaction

Hawk is amazing kept coming by and went out and had a bid red feather on my deck

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Beautiful bird

Never really spent much time thinking of them but got one of those squirrel buster bird feeders from my sis in law because my yard has lots of birds - and now my yard is loaded with every type of bird and even an occasional duck

I’m fascinated with them now (i understand Tony Soprano infatuation with them)

We get a hawk every now and then cruising around - went right over my dog which weighs 65 lbs and had a wtf reaction

Hawk is amazing kept coming by and went out and had a bid red feather on my deck
just had a hawk kill one of my chickens.
was out there for 4 hours finishing off the remains.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
My 34-year old daughter is so excited about these - I bought two packs for her, I hope I chose right!!! Oreo sure knows how to market! I am not a Star Wars fan, have never even made it through the first movie, but then I thought how excited I would be if they were Bruins cookies. It's the little things that can bring joy.

1719911937127.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: sooshii and BMC

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
just had a hawk kill one of my chickens.
was out there for 4 hours finishing off the remains.
Yah that sucks - my buddy same thing happened - his kids were horrified they had the chicken named and followed them all over yard

I tell my cat all the time you aren’t going out and being a coyote dinner - I would be crushed but this is what animals do

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Yah that sucks - my buddy same thing happened - his kids were horrified they had the chicken named and followed them all over yard

I tell my cat all the time you aren’t going out and being a coyote dinner - I would be crushed but this is what animals do
Our cat that goes outside was chased by a coyote through the yard....smart enough to run up a tree

i went outside and chased it away

Reactions: DKH

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Pass the caffeine. Something set off the fire alarm for the entire apartment complex at 1:15 this morning. Fight or flight is legit.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
So, my ductless air conditioner wouldn't work on Sunday (it is 10 years old). It came on but nothing happened.

I turned it off and made an appointment for them to come today at noon.

I opened all of my windows, and it has been nice in the house. It is supposed to get very hot in the next few days.

This morning when I got up (5:30 am) I smelled electrical smoke. It was the ac unit (outside). It was smoking...Great.

It stopped smoking but the electrical burnt smell is gross.

I think this will cost me more than what I had hoped. :confused:...maybe it is just a component but...

• Wow
Reactions: BMC

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
So, my ductless air conditioner wouldn't work on Sunday (it is 10 years old). It came on but nothing happened.

I opened all of my windows, and it has been nice in the house. It is supposed to get very hot in the next few days.

This morning when I got up (5:30 am) I smelled electrical smoke. It was the ac unit (outside). It was smoking...Great.

I think this will cost me more than what I had hoped. :confused:...maybe it is just a component but...
Oh no!! I am glad that it was outside and that it didn't cause a fire! Hopefully it won't cost as much as you fear.

Reactions: caz16 and Ladyfan

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

If you haven't already shut the electricity off at the breaker for that unit. Even if it isn't running it can still catch on fire when the electric current is flowing to it, something is clearly wrong whether it is wiring, switch, whatever.

Reactions: sooshii and Ladyfan

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
We have been bouncing between Santas Village and Story Land for the past few years. I personally like Santas Village better but figured the kids (7 and 11) would have grown out of it. But they both agreed that they don't want to go to story land anymore, only Santas Village.

Win for me since its nicer, closer, and has better food.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad