OT - NO POLITICS Memorial Day & Here Comes Summah edition

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Maybe I’ll do stand up comedy

@Gonzothe7thDman, @Sheppy and @MarchysNoseKnows you guys wanna have a foursome?
4E1A701F-0777-46CF-9366-185486AB1C23.gif

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Just finished regripping golf clubs. Paid $30 for the kit. Not the greatest grips but they’ll work. However, holy hell what a time suck that was. I am physically, mentally, and emotionally exhausted from it all.

But it’s done. Can’t wait to chunk the shit out of my first shot

Reactions: Donnie Shulzhoffer

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Just finished regripping golf clubs. Paid $30 for the kit. Not the greatest grips but they’ll work. However, holy hell what a time suck that was. I am physically, mentally, and emotionally exhausted from it all.

Glad you are back in it. Fairways and Greens baby!

I shot 78 yesterday and will be working for a lower one tomorrow

• Love
Reactions: TD Charlie

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL

It really shouldn't be that hard, Charlie. I've been re-gripping mine for years now, and usually knock out a full set in under an hour. What kind of kit are you using?

I got a 12:10 tee time tomorrow. I hope y'all hit 'em straight this week! Happy 4th!

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
It really shouldn't be that hard, Charlie. I've been re-gripping mine for years now, and usually knock out a full set in under an hour. What kind of kit are you using?

I got a 12:10 tee time tomorrow. I hope y'all hit 'em straight this week! Happy 4th!
It was my first time. I don’t have a clamp. The old grips were badly dry rotted. What should have been a slice of the old grip and a peel back, was a slice and a chisel …and another 50 chisels. The grips just crumbled to bits. The old tape didn’t exactly peel either. This part was a mess. Had to scrub my hands with dawn and steel wool several times

Once the shafts were clean, i gripped 9 clubs in a little over an hour. Used tape and spirits, then of course after the fact i see i could’ve just used an air compressor without the spirits.

For $30 I’m very pleased.

Glad you are back in it. Fairways and Greens baby!

I shot 78 yesterday and will be working for a lower one tomorrow
Impressive! My best was 80…Lost Brook in Norwood. Yes it’s a par 3 lol

Reactions: Donnie Shulzhoffer

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
It was my first time. I don’t have a clamp. The old grips were badly dry rotted. What should have been a slice of the old grip and a peel back, was a slice and a chisel …and another 50 chisels. The grips just crumbled to bits. The old tape didn’t exactly peel either. This part was a mess. Had to scrub my hands with dawn and steel wool several times

Once the shafts were clean, i gripped 9 clubs in a little over an hour. Used tape and spirits, then of course after the fact i see i could’ve just used an air compressor without the spirits.

par 3 is all i will do. anything else just takes up the whole day.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
We saw fireflies in the backyard last night for the first time this year. This is not my pic....I wish we had this many! We have left the back end of our yard natural and it definitely pays off. We used the Plant Parent app to identify what should be taken out and we had so many invasive species, it is crazy! A lot of Asian plants that take over if you don't get rid of them. At least we didn't find any of those hammerhead worms that are toxic and are now in our area!

1720084428236.jpeg

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
We saw fireflies in the backyard last night for the first time this year. This is not my pic....I wish we had this many! We have left the back end of our yard natural and it definitely pays off. We used the Plant Parent app to identify what should be taken out and we had so many invasive species, it is crazy! A lot of Asian plants that take over if you don't get rid of them. At least we didn't find any of those hammerhead worms that are toxic and are now in our area!

View attachment 892191
I have had more than usual this year. One keeps flashing at the screen in my bedroom. I like them. Reminds me of when I was young.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA

Goal accomplished. 76 today

• Love

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Some Friday questions for those who like to play along:

1) Name a song that takes you back to a place and time every time you hear it.

2) When you were a child, what was your favourite TV show or movie?

3) Have you ever experienced severe weather, such as hurricane, witnessed a tornado, flooding, etc.

4) Do you meditate, do yoga, or something else to ease your body and mind? If not, what do you do to relax when the world gets stressful?

5) What was your first job and how old were you - how much were you paid?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad