Confirmed with Link: Meme/Like thread 5 - Happy "Random" Drug Screening Day

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
FB_IMG_1652381542101.jpg

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Yeah, read about that myself years back. She was given a wooden leg so she could stand on her own, and a gold medal.

Just wanted to add this to the record... Cher Ami was registered to the US Army Corps as a female pigeon, the Smithsonian called Cher Ami a male pigeon however... and thus for a century it has been up in the air on which was correct.

DNA testing was recently done in the past year to settle the issue (a frequent thing for many bird spieces, as DNA is often the only tell on a bird's sex if they aren't actively laying eggs)... Cher Ami was a male pigeon. The Smithsonian guessed right, the US Army Signal Corps guessed wrong.

Through modern DNA analysis, the century-old mystery of the famed pigeon’s sex has recently been determined by a team of curators and scientists. This question has now been definitively answered: the Smithsonian has conclusively identified Cher Ami as male.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
Actually we didn't. The middle-aged male whom we voted for PM f***ed up and had to resign. This one was an internal choice of one party.
The party that was in charge of forming the government after the elections. But I digress. We obviously have a different view of her tenure so far and we can merrily agree to disagree. And indeed get back to hockey -- mea culpa. I just thought that pic was funny. :neener:

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Feb 23, 2014
The party that was in charge of forming the government after the elections.
Actually this was little to do with her. She's not the first nor the second PM "elected" by one party and rubber-stamped in by other parties, after the actual election-time party chair ditched the office, and at least in her case it wasn't an elections preparation move.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
Actually this was little to do with her. She's not the first nor the second PM "elected" by one party and rubber-stamped in by other parties, after the actual election-time party chair ditched the office, and at least in her case it wasn't an elections preparation move.
Agreed. And if you look at the other four parties in the government, three of them went in the 2019 elections with a leader in their mid 30s, so there is actually a point to make that there's a bit of a youth movement going on nowadays -- if you can call mid 30s that. [And when old man Rinne fell ill back then, Marin as the vice chair took charge of that election campaign, so there's half a point to make about her party too.]

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Feb 23, 2014
All I remember is that I managed to plow through Leino's translation until I got to Heaven, at which point I zzzzzed.
Common complaint I understand. There's only so much you can describe the eternal bliss of hanging around Jesus and some magical orbs of light, while there are literally no limits in imagining eternal (or at least moderately lenghty) torments for people you don't like, including the ones who were actually still alive when Dante wrote them in Hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad