Confirmed with Link: Meme/Like thread 5 - Happy "Random" Drug Screening Day

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LostInaLostWorld

Work?
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2016
Central City
or @MrazeksVengeance

1652194233405.png

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
I've been tempted to put "y'all" as one of my prefered pronouns in my signature here at the university....but I prefer getting paid, so I haven't yet.
Basically we aren't allowed to talk Politics here, but see, there's a workaround: we can talk about issues as long as they're not North Caroline foreign policy. Hurrah!

Viron pääministeri Kaja Kallas ja Suomen pääministeri Sanna Marin tervehtivät tapaamisessaan Tallinnassa.

(Pictured: PM Kaja Kallas saying what if Estonia doesn't ratify ur ass, PM Sanna Marin powering up a ninja kick -Reuters)

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Basically we aren't allowed to talk Politics here, but see, there's a workaround: we can talk about issues as long as they're not North Caroline foreign policy. Hurrah!

Viron pääministeri Kaja Kallas ja Suomen pääministeri Sanna Marin tervehtivät tapaamisessaan Tallinnassa.

(Pictured: PM Kaja Kallas saying what if Estonia doesn't ratify ur ass, PM Sanna Marin powering up a ninja kick -Reuters)
What I love about y'all and some of your neighbors is the fact that you elect young 'uns to run your countries. I may not always agree with the youths, but they're gonna be around longer than I will to live with the ramifications of their choices.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Feb 23, 2014
What I love about y'all and some of your neighbors is the fact that you elect young 'uns to run your countries. I may not always agree with the youths, but they're gonna be around longer than I will to live with the ramifications of their choices.
Actually we didn't. The middle-aged male whom we voted for PM f***ed up and had to resign. This one was an internal choice of one party.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Well, this is a perfect excuse for me to tell you people about Cher Ami, the Hero Bird of World War 1. In October 1918, some American and French battalions were making an attack on the German line. One American unit managed to get themselves surrounded when the battalions on either side of them retreated unexpectedly. For about a week they were under constant bombardment by Germans and their own artillery for a bit, because nobody on the Allied side actually knew where they were.

Luckily for them, though, they had some carrier pigeons. So they sent a message, begging for help. The pigeon was shot down. So they sent another message with another pigeon. That pigeon was also shot down. They had one more pigeon, so they sent one last message.

That bird was also shot almost immediately by German troops. But that bird was Cher Ami, who may have actually been an avian terminator. Despite being shot through the chest, missing an eye, and having a leg hanging on by a tendon, Cher Ami made it back and delivered his message, which eventually led to the battalion being rescued. Of the 500+ men who went in, only 194 walked out unhurt. The rest of them were either killed, wounded, or captured.

They could have all died, but thanks to Cher Ami, the goddamn Hero Bird of World War 1, some were able to escape.

1652374149461.png

Sadly, he died around six months later due to his wounds, but he was stuffed, and is on display at the Smithsonian to this day.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Well, this is a perfect excuse for me to tell you people about Cher Ami, the Hero Bird of World War 1. In October 1918, some American and French battalions were making an attack on the German line. One American unit managed to get themselves surrounded when the battalions on either side of them retreated unexpectedly. For about a week they were under constant bombardment by Germans and their own artillery for a bit, because nobody on the Allied side actually knew where they were.

Luckily for them, though, they had some carrier pigeons. So they sent a message, begging for help. The pigeon was shot down. So they sent another message with another pigeon. That pigeon was also shot down. They had one more pigeon, so they sent one last message.

That bird was also shot almost immediately by German troops. But that bird was Cher Ami, who may have actually been an avian terminator. Despite being shot through the chest, missing an eye, and having a leg hanging on by a tendon, Cher Ami made it back and delivered his message, which eventually led to the battalion being rescued. Of the 500+ men who went in, only 194 walked out unhurt. The rest of them were either killed, wounded, or captured.

They could have all died, but thanks to Cher Ami, the goddamn Hero Bird of World War 1, some were able to escape.

View attachment 545121

Sadly, he died around six months later due to his wounds, but he was stuffed, and is on display at the Smithsonian to this day.
Yeah, read about that myself years back. She was given a wooden leg so she could stand on her own, and a gold medal.

Army medics worked to save her life, as she had just become the hero of the 77th Infantry Division. Though they were unable to save her leg, they carved a small wooden prosthetic for her, so she’d be able to stand. Once healthy enough to travel, she was sent to the United States.

For her service to her country, she was named the mascot of the Department of Service, and awarded the Coix de Guerre medal, as well as the gold medal from the Organized Bodies of American Racing Pigeon Fanciers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad