Speculation: #Melnkyout...The time is NOW!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Will you boycott the Sens over the next 6-8 weeks to put added pressure on Melnyk?

• Total voters

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005
And what does he do with his empty arena when he 'moves' the team?

Melnyk has not tried hard enough to prove this market is not viable. It's not like he built a winner and fans still weren't showing up.

'Gary, I'd like to relocate please. And just so you know I'll be running the new team in your new market comfortably along the cap floor until the fans can prove themselves.'

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
And what does he do with his empty arena when he 'moves' the team?

Melnyk has not tried hard enough to prove this market is not viable. It's not like he built a winner and fans still weren't showing up.

'Gary, I'd like to relocate please. And just so you know I'll be running the new team in your new market comfortably along the cap floor until the fans can prove themselves.'

" gary plz"

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
This is exactly the fear mongering that EM will hope fans will do. As said before the NHL BOG, Gary, Local Buyers and fans won't let this team move. Those that believe EM could overcome those factors , you are putting a lot of faith in a Owner who can't run a franchise properly.He can't get players to sign, staff to stay, negotiate new arena or get it financed and you think he could organize getting the franchised moved.....LMFAO

Even if he somehow managed to get his crap in order to do it. The dude is financed up the ying yang and can't afford relocation fee's. Never mind the other costs associated with relocation.

EM will sell cause he is greedy and he is playing with bank money and a house of cards that is catching up to him. He will never admit that because he loses all leverage in sale negotiations.

The fact that their was a offer this summer publicly addressed by the NHL, how many other teams have you heard that from, zero!

Lebreton will have a new arena and Sens will be playing in it for many years to come without EM as the owner of this team.

Their will be a ton more drama and political strong arming and posturing trying to drum support for sympathy for EM to keep the team in Ottawa bur reality is more about keeping EM as the owner of the team.

KEEP CALM EVERYONE THE SENS ARE NOT GOING ANYWHERE!

Reactions: RyCam

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
You guys keep expecting a white knight to ride in and save the day. Who is this white knight who is going to drop $650+ million for the franchise, $600+ million to build a new arena plus increase team expenses by about $30-40 million per year (more front office staff, more CTC staff, bigger scouting budget, bigger coaching budget, bigger players salary budget) and just have all of that money at hand to wait to recoup this investment over the long haul while the real estate developments are completed and those dollars start flowing back the other way?

If Melnyk is able to get this project underway there's no way he's going to sell while spending hundreds of millions building a new arena.

If the project does not get underway there's no way anyone is going to want to buy with so much uncertainty around the team's long term arena capabilities.

Reactions: coladin

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
You guys keep expecting a white knight to ride in and save the day. Who is this white knight who is going to drop $650+ million for the franchise, $600+ million to build a new arena plus increase team expenses by about $30-40 million per year (more front office staff, more CTC staff, bigger scouting budget, bigger coaching budget, bigger players salary budget) and just have all of that money at hand to wait to recoup this investment over the long haul while the real estate developments are completed and those dollars start flowing back the other way?

If Melnyk is able to get this project underway there's no way he's going to sell while spending hundreds of millions building a new arena.

If the project does not get underway there's no way anyone is going to want to buy with so much uncertainty around the team's long term arena capabilities.

Melynk or bust? Come-on you don't believe that do you? I guess no NHL franchise's will ever change hands again in the NHL? Maybe not local investors , butbthat don't mean crap but investor groups or billionaires who want in and very few NHL franchise's come available. Their was a offer this summer. I assume their probably a few interested but letting EM get a little more desperate before they make a play for the team is probably their their feelings cause right now EM feels like his over mortaged Sens financial situation is worth more then it is.

We all know EM is very dirty business man and very cheap and since coming to Ottawa has basically gone from billionaire to paper billionaire. We can't believe a word he says or the finances of the team but we have had a glimpse of his business style and my money is that he is in way over his head and has cooked the books.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON

He is never going to do that regardless.

Shovels would be in the ground if he was spending his own money.

Reactions: Upgrayedd

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
The word on the street is that any potential new ownera are not convinced that the ottawa fans will support the team with a new owner. It's a risky place to park their hard earned money when fans have an awful ability to support their team with the CTC. They are not sure they will recoup their money in a new arena with higher prices for tickets. This team had a generational player and they could not fill the place. Not such a good feeling when hearing this, I think our fate is we are stuck with this turd.

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
The word on the street is that any potential new ownera are not convinced that the ottawa fans will support the team with a new owner. It's a risky place to park their hard earned money when fans have an awful ability to support their team with the CTC. They are not sure they will recoup their money in a new arena with higher prices for tickets. This team had a generational player and they could not fill the place. Not such a good feeling when hearing this, I think our fate is we are stuck with this turd.

Seeing as literally nothing you've said would happen has come to fruition, you're summary here makes me super happy.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

You'll forgive me if I take this with a massive grain of salt, all things considered.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Sure, that's possible, or it could be a play to lower the asking price for a sale. Heck, in Atlanta, the owners of the thrashers were publicly trashing their own team's viability to make the buyout of one of the co-owners they were trying to force out less expensive. High stakes and cutthroat businessmen make it hard to trust anything you hear on the street, little lone on a fan forum.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

Billionaire investors are smarter then this, they loo at the entire product and how it’s being marketed, how it’s being consumed, the future revenue predictors, strength of brand, potential audience size and a million other factors. They just don’t loomk at an online attaendance tracker and determine the price as you suggest, and if they did they’d see for years the Senators were selling out, so the fans are there, they just have to get them into the stadium. It’s not all doom and gloom,.

I guess the counter news to your claim is the NHL admitted Melnyck had an offer in June that he considered and 2 weeks ago the Devore group said they have a buyer who would buy the club.

This is more bad news for Melnyck. He might want $650 million but he might only get $400 million. The revenues will certainly effect the purchase price, and Melnyck is doing a hell of a job of damaging his own product.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Billionaire investors are smarter then this, they loo at the entire product and how it’s being marketed, how it’s being consumed, the future revenue predictors, strength of brand, potential audience size and a million other factors. They just don’t loomk at an online attaendance tracker and determine the price as you suggest, and if they did they’d see for years the Senators were selling out, so the fans are there, they just have to get them into the stadium. It’s not all doom and gloom,.

I guess the counter news to your claim is the NHL admitted Melnyck had an offer in June that he considered and 2 weeks ago the Devore group said they have a buyer who would buy the club.

This is more bad news for Melnyck. He might want $650 million but he might only get $400 million. The revenues will certainly effect the purchase price, and Melnyck is doing a hell of a job of damaging his own product.

Unless he aint selling? I hope he is holdin out for a bit more money and will sell soon, but who knows

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Unless he aint selling? I hope he is holdin out for a bit more money and will sell soon, but who knows

He did say he’d sell ‘if the crowds stop showing up and it becomes a disaster’....so, check and check these two boxes.

But in Melnyck world when everything you do is a disaster, evaluating what a disaster really is, is subjective. I think Poo-Jeans Melnyck haircut is an absolute disaster, but that’s just my opinion.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
He did say he’d sell ‘if the crowds stop showing up and it becomes a disaster’....so, check and check these two boxes.

But in Melnyck world when everything you do is a disaster, evaluating what a disaster really is, is subjective. I think Poo-Jeans Melnyck haircut is an absolute disaster, but that’s just my opinion.

I thought that was the move the team part not the sell the team part

Reactions: coladin

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Sure, that's possible, or it could be a play to lower the asking price for a sale. Heck, in Atlanta, the owners of the thrashers were publicly trashing their own team's viability to make the buyout of one of the co-owners they were trying to force out less expensive. High stakes and cutthroat businessmen make it hard to trust anything you hear on the street, little lone on a fan forum.
The only problem with that theory is It’s unlikely Gary lets a sale go through for less than 600M CDN.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018

Sell price will not be solely Melnyk. Gary will not want to hurt franchise values by allowing a below market sale. There is a city which will never get an expansion team, has a building and would not hurt Rogers Canadian TV deal.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Sell price will not be solely Melnyk. Gary will not want to hurt franchise values by allowing a below market sale. There is a city which will never get an expansion team, has a building and would not hurt Rogers Canadian TV deal.
If you are thinking QC thats a huge load also...They already have their team in ARZ

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Once that lease is up they are gone...Quebecor finished that arena because they knew they already had a team...
QC will only get a team through relocation but I will 99.9% guarantee you it won’t be Phoenix. Obviously neither of us can speeak in absolutes so let’s bookmark this until something happens one way or the other.

Reactions: topshelf15

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
QC will only get a team through relocation but I will 99.9% guarantee you it won’t be Phoenix. Obviously neither of us can speeak in absolutes so let’s bookmark this until something happens one way or the other.
Fair enough ,But the Sens arent relocating,this much we should all agree on

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

The sale price can be like the sale price in Carolina this year. There’s the sticker price of the sale which was reported at $500 million but in reality they o my paid $400 million. Which was about 20% over the Girbes evaluation, so for Ottawa, at an increase of 20% over valuation, the sticker price would be of $522 million, so if you’re the NHL you announce the sale at $550 million to create an inflated franchise value but in reality the new owner only pays way less then that

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015

2p62f8.jpg

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005
Word on the street is that relocating venues are convinced Melnyk will operate the team on a shoestring budget and won't be able to keep his nose out of hockey operations. Its a risky place to park their hard earned money when the owner has an awful ability to alienate fans and players alike. They are not sure they will get their money's worth, and they certainly won't recoup anything. His teams have seen star player after star player shipped out and are on the verge of doing it again. Not such a good feeling when hearing this, I think our fate is we are stuck with this turd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad