Confirmed with Link: Meier, Harrington, 3 prospects, Col's '24 5th to Devils for 2023 1st, Zetterlund, Johanson, Okhotiuk, Mukhamadullin, conditional 2024 1st, '24 7th

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McDuffz88

HIRE BERUBE!!!
Sep 18, 2019
Did any of you guys really expect a Hughes, Nemec, Mercer type return? Because a return like that is unprecedented in NHL history for a RFA. Just saying....if you wouldn't trade a RFA for a recent 2OA draft pick then you're to far gone.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Did any of you guys really expect a Hughes, Nemec, Mercer type return? Because a return like that is unprecedented in NHL history for a RFA. Just saying....if you wouldn't trade a RFA for a recent 2OA draft pick then you're to far gone.
No we're expecting the deal to be a 1st+Zetterlund. Go back to your forum to celebrate

• Haha
Reactions: landshark

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
New to the boards, but if Holtz or better (Nemec, Mercer) is not included than Grier is dreadful at his job.

His resume was 4 years as a scout, 2 years an assistant coach and a year as a hockey ops advisor. It was a bad hire and the sharks continue to fall back on nepotism instead of doing a thorough search and going outside of the organization. It’s bizarre. I can’t believe Nabby still has a job to be honest.

Reactions: Dicdonya

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
A rebuilding team would trade Timo, a competing team wouldn't.
Give Grier a Chance: First Thoughts on New Sharks GM

Grier:
“We’re not looking to tear this down, like Arizona or some teams have done in the past. Yes, there are some challenges with the salary cap, but I think the majority of the league is dealing with the flat cap, and they have their issues. So for us, we’re not looking to rebuild”

Grier is either lying or incompetent.

Patty Ice

Feb 27, 2002
Not California
Sucks to be Zetterlund because he's an asset to have but he is going to be torn apart and mocked.

Edit: on second thought. Not really. He gets to make a lot of money playing a game. Who the f*** cares what some nerds on computers think.

aircobra

May 4, 2013

Grier:
“We’re not looking to tear this down, like Arizona or some teams have done in the past. Yes, there are some challenges with the salary cap, but I think the majority of the league is dealing with the flat cap, and they have their issues. So for us, we’re not looking to rebuild”

He can be an incompetent liar.

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
This doesn't mean that there isn't more (I'm hoping). If it's zetterlund + 1st + something minor, that would be a very bad return lol
No duh. It would also go against everything that’s already been rumored and discussed by actual sources rather than the bulk of the people that are dunces on here. Seravalli literally tweeted out deals that Grier turned down that would be better than this. Not sure why people think as moronically as they do.

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013

Grier:

Or… you know… circumstances can change when you actually lay eyes on your roster and full organization outside of your opening press conference the first day on the job. I know that’s too nuanced for most people here.

Oh boy, Andreas Johnsson.
Salary cap reasons. Makes total sense and we will get an asset for taking on his money.

Reactions: undercovernerd

ISharkted

Apr 11, 2009
So Timo = 1st (got that), A/B tweener prospect (Zetterlund), and one A level prospect = Muk or Holtz incoming.

The 50% retention should be another 1st correct? I am guessing Harrington is a 7th / contract slot filler but retention has significant value unless the Muk or Holtz “A” or 1st pick gets upgraded further with retention, no?

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
Oh boy, Andreas Johnsson.
facepalm-crowd.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Nighthock

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad