Confirmed with Link: Meier, Harrington, 3 prospects, Col's '24 5th to Devils for 2023 1st, Zetterlund, Johanson, Okhotiuk, Mukhamadullin, conditional 2024 1st, '24 7th

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DrFeelgood

Chairman Meow
May 8, 2006
San Jose, CA
I've been saying 3-4 years. And this is on top of the two years already. I don't think the Sharks as a franchise can wait 6-7 years to become good again, not with the sports choices in the Bay Area.
If we're being honest with ourselves, this year is the first year of actually putting effort into a rebuild. The last few seasons have been clinging on to lost hope and DW leaving was a sign that it was over and the rebuild was on.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
From an NJ fan:

Zetterlund is a player we’re all huge fans of. A lot of people didn’t want to include him in this deal. Hardworking and a pest on the ice. Physical, smart and willing to shoot.

I think a lot of fans think he can excel in an expanded role. We really don’t like losing him.
Zetterlund seems like a solid depth player for a contending team. But his skillset doesn't really help the Sharks current trajectory. I'd personally rather even have a 2023 2nd than him.

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
From an NJ fan:

Zetterlund is a player we’re all huge fans of. A lot of people didn’t want to include him in this deal. Hardworking and a pest on the ice. Physical, smart and willing to shoot.

I think a lot of fans think he can excel in an expanded role. We really don’t like losing him.

From a Winnipeg fan:

Essyimont is a player we’re all huge fans of. A lot of people didn’t want him waived. Hardworking and a pest on the ice. Physical, smart and willing to shoot.

I’m sure you guys are crying yourselves to sleep trading a 3rd line player for Timo Meier

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
Elliote's "no reason to panic" line is funny to me. The Sharks (And Sharks fans) are losing a star player. We are way beyond Panic at this point.
He probably meant to say “no reason to panic New Jersey. The sky isn’t falling; you actually did get a star rfa player for literally nothing!”

But I’m also just saying stuff to ease the sadness of losing Meier

undercovernerd

Apr 18, 2014
Bend, OR / Bay Area, CA
To be honest, I dont think he thinks it is a rebuild. A rebuilding team doesnt target Jordan Greenway
I agree and am oftentimes shocked when I read fans thinking we'll suck for the next 5 years while going through a full rebuild....

We are rebuilding on the fly and though we'll probably suck for 5+, don't tell MG that! EK65 is ready to double production and WILL us into a playoff spot next year.

To add.. It would all make sense if we received Mercer. He could potentially grow into 1c with hertl dropping down to 2c. Add a solid D prospect + draft + ekky/bords and we could be entertaining quickly.

Reactions: themelkman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad