GDT: MDF #5 - 05/08/15 | washington capitals @ New York Rangers | 7:00 - NBCSN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

we want cup

Apr 12, 2007
NYC
Rangers can't score. Sticks are afraid. I ask Jobu to come. Take fear from sticks.

jobu1.jpg

Wolfy*

Our beloved Rangers...tonight it's do or die. Holtby must be solved! :help:

UlfNilsson

Oct 17, 2011
Baltimore, MD
Holtby is a pedestrian goaltender. It's the Caps D scheme that needs to be broken. They've been clogging up the slot every game and not allowing for decent scoring changes. Holtby is nothing to worry about. I can think of maybe 1-2 difficult saves he's made this series. What we need to worry about is the lack of adjustments made by AV to counter their approach.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Could the Rangers for once since the Mark Messier era get over themselves and play outside of the rules for a bit.

If the whistle has been swallowed, and you are facing elimination, you need to fight fire with fire.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
No confidence at all to be honest

Lol

We have lost the luxury of being tied in the third or even second period after losing game 4. This team needs to play from ahead tonight. Our best player can't score goals unfortunately.

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
are the other guys allowed to do that?

Hopefully AV included that bit of information in one of his pep talks today.

Could the Rangers for once since the Mark Messier era get over themselves and play outside of the rules for a bit.

If the whistle has been swallowed, and you are facing elimination, you need to fight fire with fire.

This is literally the most frustrating thing about the Rangers. They are, or seem, so concerned with playing an ultra-clean sterilized game, completely within the rules as they are written. Just once I want to see them take liberties on people along the boards, in front of the net, after whistles. They may go in to the dirty areas, but most of the time they don't get too dirty. In so many other games I catch, all I see are people getting beyond abused along the boards with some brutal shoves and checks to the opposing player's back..I can't remember seeing the Rangers do this too often. Subscribe to the Babcock School of Legal Interference. Everyone else does it, why haven't the Rangers caught on and done the same?

Last edited:

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Maybe now is the time to really let Yandle join the rush and get some numbers? Limit the chance for the caps to block every single damn shot?! Or will it be counterproductive and open up too much ice for the caps?

Reaganomics

Apr 13, 2013
Uppsala
Offense has to step up. Need a big game from Nash, Stepan and the top 6 in general. McD needs to find his game from last year. Hank can't afford to let in a softie tonight, I'm feeling confident that he won't though.

Holtby's playing well, but the Rangers haven't tested him enough. More bodies in front of the net and make him work for it.

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York
ting thing about the Rangers. They are, or seem, so concerned with playing an ultra-clean sterilized game, completely within the rules as they are written. Just once I want to see them take liberties on people along the boards, in front of the net, after whistles. They may go in to the dirty areas, but most of the time they don't get too dirty. In so many other games I catch, all I see are people getting beyond abused along the boards with some brutal shoves and checks to the opposing player's back..I can't remember seeing the Rangers do this too often. Subscribe to the Babcock School of Legal Interference. Everyone else does it, why haven't the Rangers caught on and done the same?

Don't you remember Marc Staalgate? Pens fans were convinced Staal was trying to end Crosby out there! :laugh:

Sirius Vivace

Mar 15, 2015
Well, if the Rangers were holding anything back in the last game...it needs to be released tonight. Tonight we will see a Rangers team at the height of desperation. Let's follow Montreal's lead and own this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad