McDavid becomes the 3rd player in NHL history to score 40 points in a playoff run - after Wayne and Mario

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
no. I am not a console FPSer and I haven't built a gaming rig since marriage :( Seinfeld would say I am not the master of my domain lol

need my keyboard and mouse though. Tried COD on my 360 back in the day but just could not do it.
Cod is now M&K on Xbox..all ya do is plug em in..I to totally suck with a controller.

Nadal On Clay

Djokovic > Nadal > Federer
Oct 11, 2017
None of the others are as entitled, and whine and cry as much as this guy. Super talented and a freak athlete, one of the smartest players of all time, great human being off the court, but I’ll never respect him as a player because of that crap.

He’s walked off the court without shaking hands after a series multiple times in his career as well and nobody says anything about it. But Isiah Thomas and the Pistons doing it after probably the nastiest rivalry in NBA history still gets talked about 30+ years later.

Bron is the biggest crybaby and sore loser in NBA history. Also, him mocking Dirk for having the flu in the finals and then getting dummied by him immediately after is all time 🤡 shit.

LeBron has haters because he’s acted like an obnoxious, whiny, entitled, self-centered jackass his entire career, but the PR department works overtime to convince you he’s the most humble guy ever.
Thanks for proving my point :laugh:

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
Mcdavid is the 3rd best player ever with a slim shot at 1st

Why are you comparing him to Matthews?

Matthews had a season comparable (2022) to an average Mcdavid year but Mcdavid has 2 years better than Matthews best and another 3-4 better than Matthews 2nd best

This is like Comparing Lemieux and Jeremy Roenick or Mike Modano
Habit?
  • AM being argued successfully as MVP over #97
  • AM "face of the NHL", 2x EASports Cover Athlete
  • Cause he's a better player due to <insert mind-bending arguments>

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
Revolutionized lol.
VERY much so. The "greatest" defenceman prior to Orr was Doug Harvey. His best season he put up 50 points in 70 games. In the top 100 P/GP season by a defenceman there is only one season before Orr set the record at 1.782 and that is Walter Pratt at 1.160.

There is a before Orr for Defence and an after Orr. He is still the greatest, in any zone.

Reactions: Calderon

Doubty

Mar 25, 2021
8 points in the finals so far too. The all time record for the finals is 13 points. Obviously that's still a little ways away, but if this goes 7 its definitely possible.
11 points in the finals* 8 points in last two final games.

Mcdavid keeping it 100% is the best north american sports athlete ever on skill and talent

Lebron wasnt as skilled or talented and dominanted a sport where 1 player has access and allowance to dominate the ball much higher than hockey

Kobe the same except hes 10% worse than Lebron

MJ played in a lower competition era so while he and ( Lemieux and Greztky) dominated the league at higher levels than Mcdavid, they had worse defensive schemes and systems to play against and lower skilled compeitition

No baseball player was putting 75 HR + 200 RBIs + .350 BA type years

NFL dont think any player individually was this talented

People are so normalized/accustomed to Mcdavid we dont realize he just put up 42 pts in 23 games...

This is the best playoff run in NHL history
In basketball you just need to be over 6'7 tall giant and you are a pro after a bit of practice.

Doubty

Mar 25, 2021
Through 3 rounds of 2009 crosby and malkin were neck and neck in pts despite crosby playing top line/harder matchups generally

Malkin played better in finals for sure

Mcdavid has outplayed Draisaitl by an absurd amount the last 11 playoff gsmes and just keeps on dominating whatever defenses are thrown his way

Malkin and any other player from the past or moving into the future from here on out will have to settle for best "not mcdavid" awards/seasons/stretches

Mcdavid has the best peak, prime, offensive, valuable, reg seasons & playoffs outside of 99, 66, 4 and maybe 9 ever.
I think they are just giving laugh emoji reactions to your posts because of the leafs profile picture.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Thanks for proving my point :laugh:
Except I didn’t. Quite the opposite, actually. Your claim was that he’s hated simply because he’s great. I provided valid reasoning that has nothing to do with that. But sure, ignore the actual point and act like you “won” if you need to.

Reactions: HolyHagelin

lextune

I'm too old for this.
Jun 9, 2008
New Hampshire
Howe only put up 100 points in a season once lol he did not do anything close to what Mario did.
Howe was top 5 in points in the league for 20 seasons in a row. Usually top 3 (with 6 Art Ross Trophies). Mario also had 6 Art Ross Trophies, but only had three other seasons in the top 5. Not even half the amount of Howe.

20 seasons in a row. Stop and actually think about that.

20 seasons of being the elite of the elite.

It's almost beyond belief.

As for goals, Mario led the league in goals three times, and was top 5 another three times.

Howe led the league in goals five times, and had nine other seasons in the top 5.

Perhaps you are now beginning to understand Howe's greatness...?

Last edited:

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Mcdavid is the 3rd best player ever with a slim shot at 1st

Why are you comparing him to Matthews?

Matthews had a season comparable (2022) to an average Mcdavid year but Mcdavid has 2 years better than Matthews best and another 3-4 better than Matthews 2nd best

This is like Comparing Lemieux and Jeremy Roenick or Mike Modano
I agree with you. But to answer your question, the only reason the comparison exists is cause Leaf’s Nation (media and fans) forced that comparison on the hockey world for years until it became too embarrassing to continue.

Reactions: hamzarocks

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
Howe only put up 100 points in a season once lol he did not do anything close to what Mario did.

70 game schedules and average GPG hovering around 4.8-5.0 for both team’s combined will do that.

Did not do anything close? Yeah, okay. Scoring 49 goals and 95 points in 70 games and finishing 19 goals and 34 points clear of the closest non-teammate, while scoring was 2.40 GPG, is at minimum the same as anything Mario did.

If finishing third only to Esposito and Hull, who were 10-14 years his junior, as a 40 year old doesn’t clue you in, I’m not sure anything would.

If dropping 103 points in 76 games as a 40 year old doesn’t cause you to stop and think how he would have a string of 150+ point seasons throughout his 20s in league with the level of scoring Mario enjoyed, well…I don’t know why that would be.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Howe was top 5 in points in the league for 20 seasons in a row. Usually top 3 (with 6 Art Ross Trophies). Mario also had 6 Art Ross Trophies, but only had three other seasons in the top 5. Not even half the amount of Howe.

20 seasons in a row. Stop and actually think about that.

20 seasons of being the elite of the elite.

It's almost beyond belief.

As for goals, Mario led the league in goals three times, and was top 5 another three times.

Howe led the league in goals five times, and had nine other seasons in the top 5.

Perhaps you are now beginning to understand Howe's greatness...?
Mario dealt with injuries and cancer throughout his career lol. You’re leaving that part out. Mario has the second highest PPG ever even with injuries and cancer- only 0.04 behind Gretzky for a 1.88 ppg total

Howe is 47th all time lol with a ppg of 1.05- BARELY above a point.

Howe despite playing 4 decades only has 127 pts more than Mario lol.

Howe played 852 more games than Mario. Almost double his games of 915 and only managed to have 127 more points then the magnificent one.

Howe has only a goals per game of 0.45. Marios is second highest all time. Only trailing Mike bossy by 0.01 with 0.75

Marios best season is 1988/1989 where he put up a whopping 85 goals and 114 assists for 199 points in only 76 games (yes he didn’t even play a full season in his prime but still managed to get 96 more points and 41 more goals then Howes highest scoring season in 1968/1969 where he also played 76 games.

Same amount of art rosses in a harder era than the 40s/50s/60s with 6 despite again having cancer and missing a ton of games with injuries.

Thanks for the good laugh

jigglysquishy

Jun 20, 2011
Regina, Saskatchewan
Mario dealt with injuries and cancer throughout his career lol. You’re leaving that part out. Mario has the second highest PPG ever even with injuries and cancer- only 0.04 behind Gretzky for a 1.88 ppg total

Howe played 852 more games than Mario. Almost double his games of 915 and only managed to have 127 more points then the magnificent one.

Howe has only a goals per game of 0.45. Marios is second highest all time. Only trailing Mike bossy by 0.01 with 0.75

Marios best season is 1988/1989 where he put up a whopping 85 goals and 114 assists for 199 points in only 76 games (yes he didn’t even play a full season in his prime but still managed to get 96 more points and 41 more goals then Howes highest scoring season in 1968/1969 where he also played 76 games.

Same amount of art rosses in a harder era than the 40s/50s/60s with 6 despite again having cancer and missing a ton of games with injuries.

This has to be a joke.

Surely no one is actually the ignorant about scoring levels.

Right?

Right?!

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
This has to be a joke.

Surely no one is actually the ignorant about scoring levels.

Right?

Right?!
Scoring isn’t everything however I don’t get what your argument is about Howe being better. Women lie, men lie- numbers don’t. And the numbers are right in front of you.

• Haha
Reactions: norrisnick

Sentinel

May 26, 2009
New Jersey
www.vvinenglish.com

You missed out the part where Howe is one of the greatest two-way forwards in history. So add a f***ing Bergeron-level two-way dominance to his offensive contribution. You also missed out the part where Howe is one of the greatest physical presences in history. So add a f***ing Ovechkin hitting machine.

The reasons why Howe didn't score 100 points are: (1) there were fewer games per season, (2) the scoring levels were an order of magnitude lower, and (3) he played against the same great teams game after game. He didn't have the bottom feeders to feast upon, unlike Lemieux. As soon as the bottom-feeders were introduced into the league (1st expansion), Howe immediately scored 100 points... at the age of 41! By that age, Lemieux was already solidly golfing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad