But you mustn't touch, his name sounds good in your ear
But when you say it, you mustn't fear
Cause his name can be said by anyone.

Reactions: wintersej

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I like many piled on him in frustration last night. Pretty well earned.

But I will admit I do feel for the guy in a sense of his situation.

I was under the impression this guy was brought in to bring some stability and maybe some sort of identity to the Bruins forth line. Which they’ve been missing for a bit.

Unfortunately for Jones, that all happened without him while he was injured and of course with the emergence of Koepke and the strong play from Beecher and Kastelic.

Now, like others on this roster, he’s being asked to “punch above his weight”.

Not excusing his lack of discipline. At all.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I’ll add that he’s only played 3 games. If we’re excusing Swayman for rust and the first line for a lack of chemistry after 6 games then Jones probably deserves more rope as well.

Yes! Everyone* deserves a chance to break out of this funk before we lose our minds. It's just seven games. No idea if this is who they are or if they're just could to start. Let's wait for at least 20 games to panic or not.

*Not Brandon Carlo

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I’ll add that he’s only played 3 games. If we’re excusing Swayman for rust and the first line for a lack of chemistry after 6 games then Jones probably deserves more rope as well.
I agree.

But I also recognize that I’m not giving Tufte the same courtesy. Difference being that I know Max Jones (and have been a fan for a long time), while I don’t remember ever seeing Tufte play before.

If I put myself into the shoes of those with no preconceived notions of Jones, I understand why there would be no patience for him - particularly while the team is struggling as a whole.

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
I agree.

But I also recognize that I’m not giving Tufte the same courtesy. Difference being that I know Max Jones (and have been a fan for a long time), while I don’t remember ever seeing Tufte play before.

If I put myself into the shoes of those with no preconceived notions of Jones, I understand why there would be no patience for him - particularly while the team is struggling as a whole.
Sorry wrong post

Fair enough request ... if he is a 13th forward or 4th line
31 goals and 31 assists in 261 games
Averages out to around 9 goals and 9 assists per season.
4th line totals to date.
I'm not saying he couldn't do more, but to date he hasn't.
It is wishful thinking to expect more.
Sweeney may be trying to strike gold
But could just be coming away with fools gold.

Reactions: duffy

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
In fairness to Jones last game I was ready to send him to the moon after those two dumb penalties, but after that and a bit of a benching from Monty I thought he looked a lot better and more like a guy worthy of a regular spot.

Reactions: hrdpuk

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
In fairness to Jones last game I was ready to send him to the moon after those two dumb penalties, but after that and a bit of a benching from Monty I thought he looked a lot better and more like a guy worthy of a regular spot.
Yeah , I think on his first shift after being in the box when a goal was scored, he almost got one?

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Yeah , I think on his first shift after being in the box when a goal was scored, he almost got one?
My memory isn't that good, but he was all over the puck in the o-zone after those penalties, winning puck battles and races to the puck and cycling it well

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad