Matvei Michkov vs. Ivan Demidov; who will be better?

Who will be better?

• Total voters

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
habs could have ended with both
The Habs couldve had both.

Montreal made the “ safe “ move instead of getting 2 potentially elite guys ( 1 likely a step above ) .

It really is amazing to think the Habs could have had both....Wow....talk about a quick rebuild.

After picking Slafkovsky with their 1st overall the year prior, I don't think they were ever going to use all three years of their rebuild picks on 3 wingers.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
After picking Slafkovsky with their 1st overall the year prior, I don't think they were ever going to use all three years of their rebuild picks on 3 wingers.

Yeah, you'd never pick Kucherov and Kaprizov because they are both wingers. RNH over Kucherov all the time!

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Picking for a need is usually reserved for the end of the rebuild . BPA is typically the best practice . If Mishkov hits and Rein underwhelms there would justifiably finger pointing ( we’re nowhere near that yet ) . Guess we wait and see

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Odd response considering those guys got drafted 58th and 135th.

Whether or not it's the right call, they just were never going to draft 3 wingers with their 1st, 5th and 5th overall picks in back to back to back years.

Yeah, but we're talking about Michkov and Demidov who are projected to be close to NHL superstars Kucherov and Kaprizov...

Reactions: Devonator

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Yeah, but we're talking about Michkov and Demidov who are projected to be close to NHL superstars Kucherov and Kaprizov...

It’s actually incredible how hard Montreal fans try to group Demidov in with Michkov as a prospect, so much so that you have Habs fans coming to the Flyers board to tell us how good Demidov is, actually insane lol. They aren’t the same and you’ll see that in the upcoming years, there’s a reason Demidov went 5th the absolutely only reason Michkov didn’t go 2 is the 3 year wait deal. They are not equal as prospects, Michkovs done it against men in the KHL, meanwhile Demidov is doing well in the MHL where if Michkov was there he’d put up ungodly numbers, the cope is unreal from that fanbase. And you wonder why most fans root against you.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
It’s actually incredible how hard Montreal fans try to group Demidov in with Michkov as a prospect, so much so that you have Habs fans coming to the Flyers board to tell us how good Demidov is, actually insane lol. They aren’t the same and you’ll see that in the upcoming years, there’s a reason Demidov went 5th the absolutely only reason Michkov didn’t go 2 is the 3 year wait deal. They are not equal as prospects, Michkovs done it against men in the KHL, meanwhile Demidov is doing well in the MHL where if Michkov was there he’d put up ungodly numbers, the cope is unreal from that fanbase. And you wonder why most fans root against you.

Yeah, but I'm not a Montreal fan, I've been following both kids since they were 14...

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Yeah, but I'm not a Montreal fan, I've been following both kids since they were 14...
If you actually think they’re very equal as far as a “prospect” and in terms of development, dunno man, I can’t type what I actually want to say so just yeah dunno bro lmao. Some people think they can truly fly, whatever makes you feel validated.

• Wow
Reactions: HabbyGuy

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
I've never said they are equal. I think Michkov is going to be better, but Demidov is going to be a superstar.
Fair, I agree and disagree, wouldn’t it be more ideal if we saw how Demidov fairs against men in the KHL in a low scoring league before that assumption though? I know I won’t but I’m more than down to eat crow if Demidov does even close to what Michkov did last year with illnesses lmao.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Fair, I agree and disagree, wouldn’t it be more ideal if we saw how Demidov fairs against men in the KHL in a low scoring league before that assumption though?

Well, in the ideal world yes. Still it took Kucherov just a season to progress from MHL to NHL. And Demidov was even more dominating in the MHL than Kucherov.

Reactions: Habano

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site

What's incredible is your hubris to suggest that they aren't even in the same stratosphere as prospects. Using terms like "insane" or "cope" to further your idea that it's not even in the realm of possibility.

Pretty sure this guy (a scout) isn't a habs fan who believes both players are equally talented, and might even lean towards Demidov if it was up to him. But I guess he's out to lunch because he disagrees with you. Your flyers bias is just as clear as the one your accusing habs fans of. I'm sure if you polled a majority of scouts who the top prospects are right now, they'd have Celebrini, Michkov and Demidov grouped in the top 3.

There's not as much disparity as you'd like to believe. In the end it really doesn't matter, both fanbases are happy with their guy, there's no need for a pissing match.

Last edited:
Reactions: Habano and rahad

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
What's incredible is your hubris to suggest that they aren't even in the same stratosphere as prospects. Using terms like "insane" or "cope" to further your idea that it's not even in the realm of possibility.

Pretty sure this guy (a scout) isn't a habs fan who believes both players are equally talented, and might even lean towards Demidov if it was up to him. But I guess he's out to lunch because he disagrees with you. Your flyers bias is just as clear as the one your accusing habs fans of. I'm sure if you polled a majority of scouts who the top prospects are right now, they's have Celebrini, Michkov and Demidov grouped in the top 3.

There's not as much disparity as you'd like to believe. In the end it really doesn't matter, both fanbases are happy with their guy, there's no need for a pissing match.

Zero chance I’m reading all that, but as prospects Michkov is superior at every single level of their development that much isn’t even debatable let the years roll on, let’s see. Gonna be a hilarious thread next year I’m sure.

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
Zero chance I’m reading all that, but as prospects Michkov is superior at every single level of their development that much isn’t even debatable let the years roll on, let’s see. Gonna be a hilarious thread next year I’m sure.

LOL reading all what, 8 lines of text? And what exactly is going to be funny about next year? Shouldn't we just wait and see how this all works out, say 4 or 5 years from now? Or better yet just enjoy two great players and leave it at that. Why so worked up, like who the hell cares?

Last edited:

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Philly will coach Michkov to be a grinder or bench his ass. It's all they know how to do. So they'll make him into a bust unless he somehow demands a trade too.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002

If you're in a rebuild why not take best player available?
You'd think a team's objective would be to accumulate assets. You can always trade for need.

Reactions: Devonator

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Wasn't Michkov a goal per game in the MHL at age 16 lmao

Reactions: HeadLiceHatty

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Philly will coach Michkov to be a grinder or bench his ass. It's all they know how to do. So they'll make him into a bust unless he somehow demands a trade too.

You underestimate Michkov. The kid will thrive in any environment, he has that type of mentality that won't let you give up. And people demonize Torts way too much.

NikolaTesla

Aug 2, 2009
Didn't Demidov do better in last year's KHL preseasons in the same games that Michkov played?

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Saying “there’s a reason Demidov went 5th” while Michkov went 7th makes no sense no matter how you try to spin it lmfao

• Love
Reactions: Habano

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium