Matvei Michkov vs. Ivan Demidov; who will be better?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who will be better?

• Total voters

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Not really lol.....

Michkov went 7th in a super deep draft BECAUSE of his 3 year contract and refusal to speak to other teams

Demidov went 5th in a weak draft without a contract. A draft in which the 1st overall player (Celebrini) would go 4th or 5th next to Leo Carlsson in the 23'

Demidov doesn't go top 10 in 23'
This is pure cope about not drafting him but ok

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
This is a lie and a simple Google search would show you that. Michkov was 1st on many boards and was 1st on all boards D-2

Which board was Michkov 1st on?

Connor Bedard was No. 1 on TSN’s Pre-Season Rankings for the 2023 NHL Draft and ten out of 10 scouts surveyed by TSN had him 1st.

Reactions: Prairie Habs

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
Michkov. I don't buy in on prospect hype very often. But this guy has sold me. He's the real deal.

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Incidentally — I’ve written about this before — I’ve actually spoken to someone very close to the matter and high up at SKA and they specifically cited Michkov’s speed and size as issues. I asked if the Habs made a mistake not picking Michkov and the person said he feels probably not because Michkov has to improve a lot in that domain.

Give it a rest.
You've written nothing. Show the link

Michkov and Demidov are of same speed, while Michkov is a much better technical skater

Michkov just measured this week at 5'10.5" 190
Demidov two weeks ago at 6'0.25" 187

If there's a size and skating issue for one there's a size and skating issue for both

I think Michkov is a brilliant prospect and player but your argument doesn't hold up at all. SKA might actually not rate Michkov as highly as others do -- it's not an objective process and it could very well be that SKA sees less in him than you or I. Habs GM Marc Bergevin didn't rate PK Subban either when most of the league saw him as a topX dman.
Lol now that you're seeing how Demidov is being used how do you feel?

Bit of egg on your face?

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
You've written nothing. Show the link

Michkov and Demidov are of same speed, while Michkov is a much better technical skater

Michkov just measured this week at 5'10.5" 190
Demidov two weeks ago at 6'0.25" 187

If there's a size and skating issue for one there's a size and skating issue for both

Lol now that you're seeing how Demidov is being used how do you feel?

Bit of egg on your face?
Is he really that heavy ? Thought he was around 180 which at 5 10 is fairly stout already . Neither are fast skaters per say but both move laterally very well imo/ are shifty

Last edited:

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Demidov's 6'1 size suggests he'll have an easier time of his game translating to the NHL.
I also believe Demidov's compete level and motor is much higher than Michkov. Michkov is more talented but he's only 5'9 and I don't see his game translating as well as Demidovs.
Demidov is 6'0.25" 187
Michkov is 5'10.5" 190

Stop making stuff up

Is he really that heavy ? Thought he was around 180 which at 5 10 is fairly stout already . Neither are fast skaters per say but both move laterally very well imo/ are shift
Yes, he weighed in at 190 today

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240911_194300_X.jpg
    Screenshot_20240911_194300_X.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 4

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Probably good to close the poll given very lopsided result in addition to the volatility that the thread could provide . Already 2 rife w the comparison ( I’m not innocent here but maybe 3 threads is 1 too many ?)

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
If one of them is a Kucherov and one of them a Panarin....will any of us give a shit who is better?

This ongoing debate is stupid. Wait a while people.

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
Who will contribute more for their team? Who will be an overall bigger impact for winning games?

So far from my eyes, Michkov looks like the better "talent" of the two and Demidov looks more well rounded. They are both extremely competitive. Both extremely smart. And very skilled. I don't see any way these two don't hit their ceiling whatever that may be. I say 90-100+ points for both. With potential for even more. They both seem to have that "it" factor. Aka they're dogs.

I'm a biased homer but I'll take Demidov by a hair for now. I need to see both of them play more this season. Michkov will be in NHL and the KHL is streaming their games for free I hear so no excuses not to watch Demidov either.

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
Probably good to close the poll given very lopsided result in addition to the volatility that the thread could provide . Already 2 rife w the comparison ( I’m not innocent here but maybe 3 threads is 1 too many ?)
Id much rather have this conversation here than in the Michkov/Demidov threads lmao. This topic deserves its own thread

Zine

Feb 28, 2002

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
There’s the Junior Club World Cup too. Competing were junior teams from numerous countries.

CHL sent a representative 3 times.
Sudbury won Gold in 2013-14, and placed 6th the following year. Cape Breton finished 8th in 2015-16.
USHL sent a team 4 times. Never finished higher than 3rd.

And you can add U17 World Challenge which Russia won the last 2 times when it participated at...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad