Player Discussion Matthew Poitras II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Here is the issue, what do you do in the playoff? Poitras may be able to be an effective 3C in the regular season, but can he help your team win the Conference Finals against the Panthers as a center, or does the team want to roll Frederic in that slot? Does it make sense to go with a regular season lineup that you will just have to change in the playoffs?

If I am GM/Coach, if Poitras improves on last season, I still put him at C even for the playoffs. But reasonable minds can differ on that point, and if the B's do not intend to play him at C in the playoffs then they may has well training him up on the wing because they probably need his skill in the lineup.
The season is loooong. How often do you finish with the lines that started the started the season?

If Poitras looks good/comfortable at center in the NHL I'd let him play there for the first 60 games. You can reconfigure your lineup for the playoffs after the deadline, which most teams have to do anyway.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
The season is loooong. How often do you finish with the lines that started the started the season?

If Poitras looks good/comfortable at center in the NHL I'd let him play there for the first 60 games. You can reconfigure your lineup for the playoffs after the deadline, which most teams have to do anyway.

Not to drag this too far off topic, but how often do deadline adds make the ultimate difference? I've always felt they tend to do more harm than good by messing with line and room chemistries that were working well enough to get a team to the POs already. That aside, I hope they give Potsy a run at 3C but equally I am fine if they slot him at 2RW to start with and see how it goes. I just want him on the roster and doing well as he is a needed player for the future.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Not to drag this too far off topic, but how often do deadline adds make the ultimate difference? I've always felt they tend to do more harm than good by messing with line and room chemistries that were working well enough to get a team to the POs already. That aside, I hope they give Potsy a run at 3C but equally I am fine if they slot him at 2RW to start with and see how it goes. I just want him on the roster and doing well as he is a needed player for the future.

Attachments

• EE438E9A-FB54-4F5E-A589-872C8D351358.jpeg
    EE438E9A-FB54-4F5E-A589-872C8D351358.jpeg
    101.1 KB · Views: 1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad