Player Discussion Mason Lohrei

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
He played a great game. He is going to drive people nuts at times because he is aggressive on offense, and will take risks. We have to be willing to accept the growing pains. He is generally a solid player in his own zone. It would be a mistake to try and break him of his aggressiveness.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
To me it was one question and a biggie & Toronto was perfect to find out

Pace

Can he stay up to speed
Agreed The NHL becomes a grind you are playing a lot more hockey then in college. How will he handle that ? I guess there is only one way to find out let him play and see what happens. He can always be sent down if necessary.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
@I3LI3

Nebraska has a college hockey culture in Omaha

Indeed, UNO has been established for a long time(Frozen Four appearance in Boston in 2015), plus there are the USHL teams in Omaha(Lancers) and Lincoln(Stars).

Here is the current NCAA breakdown:

Last edited:

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019

Lohrei was born in Louisiana because his Dad coached there for a couple of years.

I don't think he lived there much beyond that. I thought I read he grew up in Wisconsin
and played HS at Culver in Indiana. I doubt there has even been a legit NCAA D1 player
from Louisiana.

Saying he was from Louisiana is like saying former NHL players Langway and Chartraw were from Taiwan and Venezuela...lol.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Some sick Mits

WTF? Had to watch it twice to see if it was for real. What's this guy going to look like once he gets 20-30 NHL games under his belt? Was impressive in his first NHL game last night under the big lights of a rivalry matchup. Not even sure what his ceiling is, he seems to be so skilled in multiple areas.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
WTF? Had to watch it twice to see if it was for real. What's this guy going to look like once he gets 20-30 NHL games under his belt? Was impressive in his first NHL game last night under the big lights of a rivalry matchup. Not even sure what his ceiling is, he seems to be so skilled in multiple areas.
Lol
I need the same.

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
He looked very impressive last night. Can't wait to see more of this kid, another stud in the making it seems.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
He played a great game. He is going to drive people nuts at times because he is aggressive on offense, and will take risks. We have to be willing to accept the growing pains. He is generally a solid player in his own zone. It would be a mistake to try and break him of his aggressiveness.

Agree all the way around.

The hockey gods have been generous to the Bruins this season, and the future of Potsie, Mason and Beecher -- who has really impressed by embracing a fourth line identity -- is bright.

Healthy Wrap

May 15, 2014
Neely’s Kitchen
He had a great game. I was shocked at how smooth of a skater and puck handler he is. He's got kind of a gangly, awkward build that I didn't think would translate to the NHL. Glad I was wrong! It's just one game, but the talent is obviously there. Will be interesting to see what Sweeney does with the D if he keeps this up

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Lohrei should be the last of the three callups to be sent back as Forbort, Mac and eventually Gryz get back. Perfect pocket to see what hes got in regular season action (so far so good).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad