Movies: Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion - Part 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
This is also a casting that is going to get a backlash again from certain areas of the internet given the character is white in the comics.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
This is also a casting that is going to get a backlash again from certain areas of the internet given the character is white in the comics.
Yes, I'm looking forward to Youtube recommending videos titles "Marvel ruins another fan favorite character with woke!!!" when none of these channels have never seen the character or even heard of him...

Last edited:

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
I think he could pull off that ridiculous jacket as well as anyone and that's all I really want from a Wonderman show.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
During a recent interview with Collider, Marvel VP of Production and Development, Nate Moore, hinted Sam Wilson’s Captain America will butt heads with Harrison Ford’s ‘Thunderbolt’ Ross in New World Order.

Harrison Ford is taking on the role of General Thaddeus ‘Thunderbolt’ Ross, and to see Sam Wilson and Thunderbolt Ross, which if you remember actually threw him in prison at the end of Civil War because he violated the Sokovia Accords. There’s going to be some natural sparks there, which I think are going to be really fun.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Any word on when Secret Invasion will start airing?

It's supposed to be the first D+ series for Phase 5 and I also saw some stuff recently about it possibly being the first series 5 event period, which would mean it coming out likely in Mid January.

I think its going to be really f***ing good so I am quite looking forward to it. The trailer really sets it up similar to TWS as sort of a true crime drama somewhat grounded in reality. It feels like exactly the type of series Marvel has been lacking lately.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Any word on when Secret Invasion will start airing?

It's supposed to be the first D+ series for Phase 5 and I also saw some stuff recently about it possibly being the first series 5 event period, which would mean it coming out likely in Mid January.

I think its going to be really f***ing good so I am quite looking forward to it. The trailer really sets it up similar to TWS as sort of a true crime drama somewhat grounded in reality. It feels like exactly the type of series Marvel has been lacking lately.
Best I can still find is early 2023

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Spidey still won't meet Wilson Fisk or Jessica Drew as Disney and Sony negotiate

According to The Direct, Marvel and Sony are struggling to reach a final agreement over the character rights to both Wilson “The Kingpin” Fisk and Jessica “Spider-Woman” Drew. Though Fisk is set to appear in the new Daredevil series at Disney+, and Drew is set to debut in the upcoming Madame Web movie at Sony, it appears having either character meet Tom Holland’s Spider-Man is currently off-the-table.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Thunderbolts will drop a bomb on the MCU according to David Harbour

Though Harbour admitted that he hadn’t been given a script yet from screenwriter Eric Pearson (an MCU alum whose previous works include Black Widow), he did say he was told “the arc of the movie and how it functions...and it’s super cool. The idea is really cool.”

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Thunderbolts will drop a bomb on the MCU according to David Harbour

Though Harbour admitted that he hadn’t been given a script yet from screenwriter Eric Pearson (an MCU alum whose previous works include Black Widow), he did say he was told “the arc of the movie and how it functions...and it’s super cool. The idea is really cool.”

They’ll turn the public opinion against superheroes which will be a nice segue into the mutant saga

The general “public” won’t have any real knowledge of the multiverse saga since they’re at the “street level”

Superman33

Feb 27, 2002
Bucks County.
They’ll turn the public opinion against superheroes which will be a nice segue into the mutant saga

The general “public” won’t have any real knowledge of the multiverse saga since they’re at the “street level”

Some Wakanda Forever Spoilers Included Along with Where the MCU is Headed

They very clearly introduced Namor as a Mutant in Wakanda Forever and they seemed to play up the hype around how powerful he is, especially with the "As strong as the Hulk" line. In order to defeat him they needed to figure out his weakness, which was to essentially dehydrate him. Even someone with the Black Panther powers, although new at it, needed to separate Namor from his power source to stand a chance.

As far as the heroes in the MCU leading up to the Infinity Saga are concerned, none of them are considered to be Mutants, mostly because they didn't have the rights to use them. All of the heroes were humans with something "special" that was an outside influence; high tech suits/armor, genetically engineered serum, powers by an infinity stone, spider bite, or whatever Black Widow and Hawkeye are supposed to have... being really good at stuff? Then they have Thor and a few other "off planet" heroes that get their powers through their "not human-ness".

As they've hit phase 4 and moving into 5 and 6, they have been introducing some more "stronger than Thanos" level threats to increase the stakes. People like Hawkeye, Black Widow, and even Spiderman don't have a chance against the threats they've started to introduce. The only previous heroes that could stand a chance are the ones who got their powers via the infinity stones.

So my question is, is this how they end up bringing in Mutants? They raised the stakes with the threats, so Mutants are going to be the answer for matching the new threat level? Humans who were born with "extra" powers, not something that was added later. So far in the MCU we've got Namor and Ms. Marvel as confirmed Mutants in what may or may not be Earth 616, which I refer to as MCU Prime. On the "power scale" is seems like they are setting up Mutants to be on a different level than the original set of heroes. This would allow for the splitting of the MCU into those Street Level story lines to include realistic threats for the people like Daredevil and the Cosmic Level story lines for these more powerful Mutants.

There can be cross over as you'd be able to use the likes of Wanda/Scarlett Witch and Dr. Strange with the Cosmic level and use some of the less powerful Mutants on the Street level.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
the last two marvel movies has been an absolute disappointment. dr strange and thor. just finished watching black panther on sunday with my brother and nephew, he kept asking when is it over. he was that bored. a tribute movie. introducing namor as the antagonist was nice. but it lacked action. until the first part of the act and the final part. i give it a 7/10. hopefully phase 5 steps it up. so far phase 4=bad.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
So Looks like Mobius (Owen Wilson) and the TVA are supposedly going to play a big role in Deadpool 3.

Last edited:
Reactions: barriers

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
1668607931395.png

Reactions: Mario_is_BACK!!

Hockey 4 everyone

Sep 29, 2017

seems kinda random. it's not a super rare allele or a disease that's due to a single genetic defect. he didn't just learn he has the gene for huntington's disease or something

it's also predicts late onset alzheimer's disease, not early onset alzheimer's or something like parkinson's that can affect youngish people.

some of these stories seem a bit click-baity.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
seems kinda random. it's not a super rare allele or a disease that's due to a single genetic defect. he didn't just learn he has the gene for huntington's disease or something

it's also predicts late onset alzheimer's disease, not early onset alzheimer's or something like parkinson's that can affect youngish people.

some of these stories seem a bit click-baity.
Well one copy of the gene increases your chances by 3 and having 2 copies like he does increases your chance of developing it by 10.

And it is linked to early onset...https://www.genengnews.com/neurological-disorders/alzheimers/alzheimers-apoe4-impairs-myelination-through-cholesterol-dysregulation/#:~:text=APOE4%20is%20the%20strongest%20genetic,the%20increased%20risk%20are%20unclear.

• APOE ε4 increases risk for Alzheimer's disease and is also associated with an earlier age of disease onset. Having one or two APOE ε4 alleles increases the risk of developing Alzheimer's. About 25 percent of people carry one copy of APOE ɛ4, and 2 to 3 percent carry two copies.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Hemsworth was so good in "Rush". I hope he can take some time off, get away from this Marvel crap, and start making interesting movies again

• Haha
Reactions: beowulf

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
He very much wants to play Thor again.
Fine but I hope he begins to do other things with his acting talents. IMO it’s becoming a gimmick and he’s a much more talented actor than just playing a Nordic God.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad