Value of: Martin Prospisil, Nicolas Deslauriers and Mathieu Olivier to Montréal

SirSamofHouseBennett

Powered by Vasiliev Podsloven
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
anyone arguing that Pospisil isnt engrained into the plans of the Calgary Flames simply isnt paying attention and no amount of carving data will change that fact.

He is what he is as a player and the Flames have decided to put him at C between their 2 best wingers.

Guess what, its working, why would they change anything? That line has started on fire so lets be real, he isnt available.

I promise you Craig Conroy doesnt even look at any of these charts if someone comes knocking for this player.

Its not that he is untouchable but there is really nothing any other team would offer that CC would accept.

Not available.

Reinhart

Jun 13, 2011
Me: I would pay a 2025 1st for retained markstrom
NJD: pays a 2025 1st for retained markstrom

Weird how you didn't end up with Dawson Mercer and 10th overall like so many Calgary fans claimed would be necessary
Must have me confused with someone else. I never opined on his worth except maybe to say that it should include a first. What he returned or didn't return in trade is completely not the point. Go argue with whomever brought that up, unless you are insinuating that I am somehow responsible for everyone's opinion? That's quite the power that you believe that I hold. I really am not God, and in no way responsible for other people's opinions, so please do not infer that I am.

Markstrom was having an MVP season, and you started threads EVERYWHERE trying to somehow prove that he sucked. Also, you made a mistake in your calculations about the trade - you forgot to include Bahl. Let me guess - worthless cap dump? Well, he has been pretty good here so far, and he is still trying to catch up with the game since he was injured and didn't get the benefit of camp. Doesn't matter, I am sure you will find a different angle to claim that somehow Calgary gained little in return for Markstrom. I don't really care. My only point of contention was your opinion of how terrible Markstrom was in the midst of his MVP-type season for the Flames.

Now back on topic, I will save you from yourself about your opinion on Pospisil, as I am sure you would probably want to create a multitude of threads proclaiming how terrible Posipisil is. Here is what he did last night:

Martin Pospisil had an INSANE game for the #Flames tonight
2 primary assists
1 shot,
1 fight,
4 hits,
2 penalties drawn
55% in the dot
2-0 goal diff. at 5v5
85% xGF
63% SCF
100% HDCF (4-0)

Keep in mind that he just transitioned to center. Barely played center at all during his time in the AHL. Just played a handful of interational games this summer as a center, then was tried out as a center because of that in Calgary during hte preseason, and he has a monster game? Damn impressive, and the very oppossite of your summary of Pospiisil as a player. He was fantastic all year last year too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad