Player Discussion Marner

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
You might want to consider their contribution to getting to the finals first. Just a thought..
They’re not making the finals until they better distribute the cap, having said that I think winning a round or two is enough success for the majority of Leaf Nation and more than enough for ownership and mgmt………

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Screaming, swearing, and blaming teammates for your own mistakes isn't leadership or motivating. Quite the opposite. And while it's understandable that emotions were high, he is also literally "sitting around whining". Seemingly because he messed up and was called out. Marner was the one who did something - scoring the only goal of the game in the 3rd.
lol, scoring that big goal in the 3rd period of a game that was already decided. That was indeed a huge playoff moment

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
They’re not making the finals until they better distribute the cap, having said that I think winning a round or two is enough success for the majority of Leaf Nation and more than enough for ownership and mgmt………
I’m responding to your hypothetical scenario where they do make the cup finals.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Or won’t pay what will be another overpayment, were going to find out one way or another if money is more important than being a Leaf. Of course Tre and company could pull another mid season brain fart and just capitulate to Marner’s demands mid season like they did with Styles………
Unfortunately, this seems to be the most likely scenario. And we'll be sitting here 5 years from now reading posts from the fanboys telling us how all it takes is one good spring to change the narrative. Sigh.

Reactions: LeafSteel

HamiltonNHL

Resigning Marner == Running it back
Jan 4, 2012
Or won’t pay what will be another overpayment, were going to find out one way or another if money is more important than being a Leaf.

we know the answer to the question already. AINEC.

Paul says $$$

Marner needs a change anyway. He doesnt suit the pressure in Toronto or the playoffs. Columbus solves both.

HamiltonNHL

Jan 4, 2012
Of course Tre and company could pull another mid season brain fart and just capitulate to Marner’s demands mid season like they did with Styles………
That's automatic firing territory.

Mitch is seeking excessive AAV. We don't have the funds as our team (WITH HIM ON IT) isn't cup material.

Mitch Marner is a part of a failed rebuild. Change is needed. He's the cap casualty.

he'd be a no brainer to keep if the cap went up to $120 million next year. (it will not).

egd27

exspecta usque ad proximum annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Are we discussing whether Marner is a valuable Leaf?

What are the differing opinions ? :sarcasm:

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
No just more of the same folks restating their opinions as facts, and thinking that by doing so, they will change other people’s minds.
IMG_3679.jpeg

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Screaming, swearing, and blaming teammates for your own mistakes isn't leadership or motivating. Quite the opposite. And while it's understandable that emotions were high, he is also literally "sitting around whining". Seemingly because he messed up and was called out. Marner was the one who did something - scoring the only goal of the game in the 3rd.
Swearing at his teammates in a must win game 4 while down 2-1 in the series is the most leadership thing that we've seen from any of the core 4. @Dekes For Days qre you new competitive sports? How many videos out there of Manning, Jordan, Brady cussing out teammates even coaches? And
they are praised for it.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Swearing at his teammates in a must win game 4 while down 2-1 in the series is the most leadership thing that we've seen from any of the core 4. @Dekes For Days qre you new competitive sports? How many videos out there of Manning, Jordan, Brady cussing out teammates even coaches? And
they are praised for it.
I definitely laughed at that comment earlier in the thread like this one.
Between this and the McDavid rant, do people think that dropping the f-word a few times is leadership? Seriously?

I just don't get it. I get that emotions are high, and shouting or swearing is going to happen. I'm not trying to sensor here, don't get me wrong. But that's not some amazing example of leadership. Leaders don't just rage and point fault.

Maybe McDavid and Nylander are great leaders. But just saying "lets f*****g go" isn't an example of it.

That was after game 2. The Oilers played a very good game 3 and easily should have won that game too, and then came all the way back and tied the series.

Yeah - I actually do think that McDavid was showing good leadership, and it clearly has results.

But no first and foremost, we better worry about not hurting anybody's feelings in a competitive contact sport :laugh: :laugh: some of you guys just have no clue at all.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
they are praised for it.
I am firmly in the move on from Marner population and I pay no attention to the poster you are @ here, but can you please let this narrative go?

It’s done. Let it go.

The guy you are @ biggest issue is he refuses to let anything go. Be better than him, because right now you aren’t.

If you are a Leaf fan and I have no doubt you are, unlike that guy you are @, then get pumped up for the start of the season.

Marner will get sorted out, one way or another, and none of it will be based on what did or didn’t transpire on that bench during that game.

Cheers, and Go Leafs Go!

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
That was after game 2. The Oilers played a very good game 3 and easily should have won that game too, and then came all the way back and tied the series.

Yeah - I actually do think that McDavid was showing good leadership, and it clearly has results.

But no first and foremost, we better worry about not hurting anybody's feelings in a competitive contact sport :laugh: :laugh: some of you guys just have no clue at all.

Do you think that they would have won if McDavid yelled a little louder?

I don't think Nylander yelling shows leadership or much of anything to be honest, it just shows a bunch of players who want to win and are frustrated.

HamiltonNHL

Jan 4, 2012
Do you think that they would have won if McDavid yelled a little louder?

I don't think Nylander yelling shows leadership or much of anything to be honest, it just shows a bunch of players who want to win and are frustrated.
You can imagine how whiny Marner is.

Telling him to shut up is a public service

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad