Player Discussion Marner

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
You might want to consider their contribution to getting to the finals first. Just a thought..
They’re not making the finals until they better distribute the cap, having said that I think winning a round or two is enough success for the majority of Leaf Nation and more than enough for ownership and mgmt………

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Screaming, swearing, and blaming teammates for your own mistakes isn't leadership or motivating. Quite the opposite. And while it's understandable that emotions were high, he is also literally "sitting around whining". Seemingly because he messed up and was called out. Marner was the one who did something - scoring the only goal of the game in the 3rd.
lol, scoring that big goal in the 3rd period of a game that was already decided. That was indeed a huge playoff moment

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
They’re not making the finals until they better distribute the cap, having said that I think winning a round or two is enough success for the majority of Leaf Nation and more than enough for ownership and mgmt………
I’m responding to your hypothetical scenario where they do make the cup finals.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Or won’t pay what will be another overpayment, were going to find out one way or another if money is more important than being a Leaf. Of course Tre and company could pull another mid season brain fart and just capitulate to Marner’s demands mid season like they did with Styles………
Unfortunately, this seems to be the most likely scenario. And we'll be sitting here 5 years from now reading posts from the fanboys telling us how all it takes is one good spring to change the narrative. Sigh.

Reactions: LeafSteel

HamiltonNHL

Resigning Marner == Running it back
Jan 4, 2012
Or won’t pay what will be another overpayment, were going to find out one way or another if money is more important than being a Leaf.

we know the answer to the question already. AINEC.

Paul says $$$

Marner needs a change anyway. He doesnt suit the pressure in Toronto or the playoffs. Columbus solves both.

HamiltonNHL

Resigning Marner == Running it back
Jan 4, 2012
Of course Tre and company could pull another mid season brain fart and just capitulate to Marner’s demands mid season like they did with Styles………
That's automatic firing territory.

Mitch is seeking excessive AAV. We don't have the funds as our team (WITH HIM ON IT) isn't cup material.

Mitch Marner is a part of a failed rebuild. Change is needed. He's the cap casualty.

he'd be a no brainer to keep if the cap went up to $120 million next year. (it will not).

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Husband of the year!
I certainly have a bunch of brownie points built up. I am waiting for my next project car to arrive from Alberta. A 1957 Ranchero. Needs total restoration but I have my shop at home

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad