Player Discussion Marner

Jul 10, 2003
KW
Yeah 8 years wont age well, imagine how over paid Mitch will be when he loses his great skating ability. Give him the Matthews term except this time it’s our idea.
Nah I wouldn't waste that cap space the next three years will probably be Matthews best, we need the best possible roster in that period. Matthews could bolt after his current contract weather we succeed or fail, or he may start to decline. We've given Marner more than enough rope here. He is what he is at this point.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
the narrative was that Marner would come out flying like Nylander last year and make it impossible to not want to re-sign him

unfortunately for mitch the reality is he starts slow every single year, even going back to junior. His summer routine must be awful because it's every year with this guy. He picks it up around December.

The pattern goes back to his junior days. I remember some folks fretting in his D+1 when he was sent back to London and he took a few weeks to get going.

I don't doubt he will heat up but it will likely mean there's a higher probability that a new contract won't be agreed upon until closer to the spring (at the earliest - if both sides still want to go that path)

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
the narrative was that Marner would come out flying like Nylander last year and make it impossible to not want to re-sign him

unfortunately for mitch the reality is he starts slow every single year, even going back to junior. His summer routine must be awful because it's every year with this guy. He picks it up around December.

Starts slow and ends slower.

Might even be slow in general given his decision making

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad