Marner Predictions - What Happens Now

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What Happens With Marner Now

• Total voters

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
It took about a second for some to start rewriting what actually happened. They've now moved on to misrepresenting freeze frames and plays, and making false claims about a lack of effort/commitment/sacrifice.
Misrepresenting freeze frames? Okay, @Dekes For Days , why not enlighten everyone on what's really happening in those frames since you're so sure the facts have been misrepresented.

What's incorrect about what was said? You seem pretty vague about it... perhaps because there's not much to argue against?

After you indicate what you see, ill gladly post the video. We will see whose right ;)

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
How about the source of the quit crying bro comment by Nylander? Game 4 still and once again, Marner played a large role in leafs losing possession after a Matthews faceoff win.

QUIT CRYING BRO SHIFT:
Nylander's "quit crying, bro" comment was definitely a result of frustration from both Matthews and Nylander with Marner's soft play and constant complaints about the refs. Marner falling from a crosscheck and spending the rest of his shift complaining to the ref was the only significant moment that occurred during the shift immediately before they headed to the bench, where Nylander delivered the now-famous words.:

Matthews wins faceoff and nylander passes to mccabe, leafs have control

Leafs have possession and shocker, Marner goes to the front of the net

But hes there for less than a second before he collapses from a light crosscheck
Instead of getting up and playing, he turns his back on the play, preoccupied with complaining to the ref, leafs are now playing 5vs4.

The puck subsequently is clesred around Marners side of the boards and out, where Boston would take possession in Leafs zone.

Marner still complaining about the crosscheck at the end of the shift

Seconds later Nylander is caught on camera telling Marner to "quit fing crying bro"

I'm not here trying to defend Marner... he's far from perfect, and his playing style probably doesn't translate very well from the regular season to the playoffs -- simply explaining that being under the microscope of being a Leaf, probably doesn't go towards boosting his confidence, and Marner is at his best when he's confident.

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
I duno if I should be impressed or concerned on that one poster that spends soooooo much time and detailed info on all of marners shortcomings...love or hate the guy it's beginning to come out as creepy/obsessive/personal... Dude must not work or retired or way too much time on their hands lol (must be nice)
Go leafs go.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Marner has to go because change is needed.

He could be the best player the Leafs have. It doesn’t matter.

He.Must.Go.

This past year, Marner played worse than the other two. He played like he was disinterested, and at the time, no one denied what their eyes showed them.
Very.

I duno if I should be impressed or concerned on that one poster that spends soooooo much time and detailed info on all of marners shortcomings...love or hate the guy it's beginning to come out as creepy/obsessive/personal... Dude must not work or retired or way too much time on their hands lol (must be nice)
Go leafs go.
He takes time to make points and you turn it against him.

Pathetic.

You have no rebuttal so you try to kill the messenger.

Sad lame shit.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
I'm not here trying to defend Marner... he's far from perfect, and his playing style probably doesn't translate very well from the regular season to the playoffs -- simply explaining that being under the microscope of being a Leaf, probably doesn't go towards boosting his confidence, and Marner is at his best when he's confident.
And im simply explaining that every year there is a new excuse made up for why Mitch sucks in the playoffs...must be injured, no confidence, his linemates arent burying his passes (which ones?), he cares too much, too much pressure.

doesnt matter what the excuse is, or if its valid or not... you dont pay someone 11 million if they cant get it done in the playoffs. Marner hasnt gotten in done in the playoffs for 8/8 years. I can show you an article where way back in his first years where Babs talks about Marners playoff struggles.

Time to call a spade a spade.

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
Marner has to go because change is needed.

He could be the best player the Leafs have. It doesn’t matter.

He.Must.Go.

Very.

He takes time to make points and you turn it against him.

Pathetic.

You have no rebuttal so you try to kill the messenger.

Sad lame shit.
It's because it's only about Marner and only Marner lol
Like whatever man, from an outsider they come off as super obsessive and majes it his identity to only crap on marners even if he deserves it. All that time and energy on one player. Two things can be right here.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Go leafs go.
Haha.. people spend alot more time than I do on these boards, and social media posters spend alot more time creating their content. Time to get up to speed with technology bud.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Go leafs go.
It's definately weird but I don't think many really pay that much attention to their hate filled bias.

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
Lol... people spend alot more time than I do on these boards and social media posters spend alot more time creating their content. Time to get up to speed with technology bud.
Well of course, there's the yangs to your Ying on here. I'm pretty up to speed on technology, just use it for other means

It's definately weird but I don't think many really pay that much attention to their hate filled bias.
They each have their fan club on here. Just funny to see, cuz I see both sides of the arguments, yet each side stubbornly sticks to one side.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Well of course, there's the yangs to your Ying on here. I'm pretty up to speed on technology, just use it for other means

They each have their fan club on here. Just funny to see, cuz I see both sides of the arguments, yet each side stubbornly sticks to one side.
I just fight against the slander, stupidity and misinformation.
It's fine to not like how a player performs, just keep it real.

Reactions: Metroid

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Weird? lol The irony.. coming from the poster who has an odd obsession with Marner and lives in the Marner threads.

Heres a link to the "Marner appreciation thread" you created. You know the one where you demanded posters be banned if they criticized Marner?

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Weird? lol The irony.. coming from the poster who has an odd obsession with Marner and lives in the Marner threads.

Heres a link to the "Marner appreciation thread" you created. You know the one where you demanded posters be banned if they criticized Marner?

"The test of democracy is freedom of criticism."David Ben-Gurion

Literally demanding censorship of opinions he doesn't like :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Punch Drunk Loov

Thought Viktor Loov was going to be a guy
Dec 6, 2011
He needs Matthews to get him insane points for the season going into UFA. Stubbornly won't waive and will leave for nothing. Luke Fox said leafs will not be signing him mid year like Willy, it'd take a deep run for a contract north of 11.5M to be offered. Most likely scenario is he leaves in UFA.

I blame ownership for not trading him years ago before the NMC kicked in. No reason to be running this back again. Wish we'd end this unhappy marriage asap

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Lol don’t do that.

You were literally posting mis-information on Nylander “giving up on a play” like last week in defence of Marner.

You are just as guilty of these things you’re “fighting” against.
I have never knowingly posted misinformation and certainly wouldn't need to for something that has happened often like Nylander giving up on a play.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
They got cap room now for sure
Do they have a goal scorer Marner can pass to? Johnny Hockey (RIP) went from a 115 player in Calgary to less than a PPG player in Columbus. IMO the same will be true for Marner if he signs there.

I'll drive him to the airport.
I'll drive behind you to make sure you are not car jacked by some of the Marner fan boys. LOL.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Misrepresenting freeze frames? Okay, @Dekes For Days , why not enlighten everyone on what's really happening in those frames since you're so sure the facts have been misrepresented. What's incorrect about what was said? You seem pretty vague about it... perhaps because there's not much to argue against After you indicate what you see, ill gladly post the video. We will see whose right
If you have the video and are not afraid of what it actually shows, one would think you'd have just posted it, instead of cutting and pasting dozens of freeze frames and adding a narrative.. Pretty much everything you said was incorrect. Not only the overarching blaming of Marner for goals that he had little to nothing to do with, but even the specific claims/descriptions of the plays. This is certainly going to be a waste of time, but:

On goal 2, Marner pressures the point, then comes back and immediately engages with his man, pushing him into the corner. He prevents him from getting into a dangerous position, and forces a blind backwards pass through him to the point. A PK takes that every time. The goal-scoring play is opened up afterward with a pass to the opposite side of the ice of Marner, and Benoit ignoring the guy screening his goalie, yet somehow your blame is focused on Marner...

On goal 3, Marner isn't even on the ice. He's getting on the bench with the rest of his line, while the puck is still in Boston's zone and the team is back. You somehow leave out the most critical freeze frame and parts of the play where the scoring chance actually develops...
goal3.png

Domi wasn't behind because of the change. Domi was ahead of Pastrnak and slowed down and let him pass, despite seeing the defenseman move up. McCabe was up for a hit. Matthews can't push off or gain any speed to get back, 45 seconds before he was shut down in the game and series, and the Boston player skates ahead of him and picks up the puck dribbling into the zone, just out of Brodie's reach. Marner has nothing to do with this.

The rest is you misrepresenting two inconsequential plays, and who/what the bench comments are directed at.

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
If you have the video and are not afraid of what it actually shows, one would think you'd have just posted it, instead of cutting and pasting dozens of freeze frames and adding a narrative.. Pretty much everything you said was incorrect. Not only the overarching blaming of Marner for goals that he had little to nothing to do with, but even the specific claims/descriptions of the plays. This is certainly going to be a waste of time, but:

On goal 2, Marner pressures the point, then comes back and immediately engages with his man, pushing him into the corner. He prevents him from getting into a dangerous position, and forces a blind backwards pass through him to the point. A PK takes that every time. The goal-scoring play is opened up afterward with a pass to the opposite side of the ice of Marner, and Benoit ignoring the guy screening his goalie, yet somehow your blame is focused on Marner...

On goal 3, Marner isn't even on the ice. He's getting on the bench with the rest of his line, while the puck is still in Boston's zone and the team is back. You somehow leave out the most critical freeze frame and parts of the play where the scoring chance actually develops...
View attachment 905022
Domi wasn't behind because of the change. Domi was ahead of Pastrnak and slowed down and let him pass, despite seeing the defenseman move up. McCabe was up for a hit. Matthews can't push off or gain any speed to get back, 45 seconds before he was shut down in the game and series, and the Boston player skates ahead of him and picks up the puck dribbling into the zone, just out of Brodie's reach. Marner has nothing to do with this.

The rest is you misrepresenting two inconsequential plays, and who/what the bench comments are directed at.

^^nice spam, I like how you are not even trying !

It's still a bad line change resulting in a goal against and pathetic ice awareness resulting in series ending goal...

Reactions: rumman

notdoneyet

Jun 19, 2006
Leafland
He will get his 12 million with Toronto or without.
The no tax teams can offer him 9.5 and he can take home the same amount as with the leafs
If he hits free agency teams teams will pony up his ask

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad