Marner Predictions - What Happens Now

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What Happens With Marner Now

• Total voters

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Accusing others of misrepredenting info...but you delete out specific sections of others posts before responding and then twist their words and not by even a little.. honestly if I had to guess, id think you were 14, but your date of membership throws off that theory.

Marners stick is on the wrong side, hes reaching with his free hand.. and he isnt defending the middle of the ice and the most dangerous passing lane. The player makes a VERY BASIC backhand pass i to that gaping hole that ksnt being defended by Marner and the Bruins EASILY score, all because of Marners poor defensive awareness.
The only one that's twisted anything is you, when you put things I never said in quotations. All I've done is respond to your words. You are the one that tagged me and asked me to explain the plays to you. I explained the plays to you. I explained why your statements about them were incorrect, in detail. I explained the issues with freeze frames, and gave specific examples of them being misleading. You responded back to only one of the plays, refused to acknowledge what actually happened in it, doubled down on your incorrect statements and freeze frames, failed to post the videos that you promised, and started insulting me.

Marner's stick placement accomplishes things, even if you won't acknowledge them. If you looked at the video instead of a freeze frame, you would also know that he doesn't reach around. His arm is out for that split second because he's pushing them to the corner. His job isn't to be in the middle of the ice at that time, and for the record, back to the point is one of the least dangerous passing lanes. The player is forced into a less dangerous area of the ice, and then forced to move the puck with a blind backwards backhand pass through traffic, to an even less dangerous area of the ice. It's unclear why you think that's so horrific.

Even if you disagree with the approach taken in that one specific instance, the goal isn't even related. It's created with a pass-shot to the opposite side of the zone, and the goalie being screened by Benoit's man.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
How about the source of the quit crying bro comment by Nylander? Game 4 still and once again, Marner played a large role in leafs losing possession after a Matthews faceoff win.

QUIT CRYING BRO SHIFT:
Nylander's "quit crying, bro" comment was definitely a result of frustration from both Matthews and Nylander with Marner's soft play and constant complaints about the refs. Marner falling from a crosscheck and spending the rest of his shift complaining to the ref was the only significant moment that occurred during the shift immediately before they headed to the bench, where Nylander delivered the now-famous words.:

View attachment 904928
Matthews wins faceoff and nylander passes to mccabe, leafs have control

View attachment 904929
Leafs have possession and shocker, Marner goes to the front of the net
View attachment 904930
But hes there for less than a second before he collapses from a light crosscheck
View attachment 904931
Instead of getting up and playing, he turns his back on the play, preoccupied with complaining to the ref, leafs are now playing 5vs4.

View attachment 904932
The puck subsequently is clesred around Marners side of the boards and out, where Boston would take possession in Leafs zone.

View attachment 904933
Marner still complaining about the crosscheck at the end of the shift
View attachment 904934
Seconds later Nylander is caught on camera telling Marner to "quit fing crying bro"

I can only say what I’ve heard through heresy but what I was told was that they had a set play drawn up if Matthews won. Nylander was not supposed to pass that puck to McCabe it was supposed to be Nylander wins the puck battle swaps with McCabe and shoots low for a Marner tip or Matthews back door. It was supposed to be a quick play to get the puck on net fast. Matthews was pissed the play didn’t happen as planned so he was going after Nylander. Argument was between Nylander and Matthews. Marner was just sitting in between them. That’s why the story died pretty quickly the next day because a lot of insiders/hockey people were told that Marner really wasn’t involved in the interaction. Again Hersey but that’s what I’ve been told. But I can see how people thought it had to do with Marner.

Also Nylander was mic’d that night. He did not say stop f***ing crying bro. Hahaha the public was way off on that.

Reactions: ACC1224

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
There's hello kitty again steering the conversation in a completely different direction than the original point.

Initially the talk was about pressure in Toronto and how it allegedly effects players here and now you're off on completely different tangent.

Oh? I was responding to this

Dubas had so much insight that Marner proceeded to throw up an even stinkier series against Montreal. Seemed to be some kind of merit to that criticism.

With this
If fans continue to look at players through very very narrow tunnel vision to support their very very narrowly formed opinions of a player, I suppose so... who's the only player in Marner's draft year to have more points than Mitch? Since Mitch was drafted only 2 players in the draft years 2015 to present have have scored more points than Mitch. I wonder why Tree scoffed at the non-fan built narrative?

Wild that one person, in a team sport, is the only reason why the Leafs have not advanced past the 2nd round. Almost defies reasonable logic eh? Lemme guess the response .."Yeah but Mitch ... "

Apparently self awareness is not a thing with you? Is Gaslighting a feature or a bug with you?

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I can only say what I’ve heard through heresy but what I was told was that they had a set play drawn up if Matthews won. Nylander was not supposed to pass that puck to McCabe it was supposed to be Nylander wins the puck battle swaps with McCabe and shoots low for a Marner tip or Matthews back door. It was supposed to be a quick play to get the puck on net fast. Matthews was pissed the play didn’t happen as planned so he was going after Nylander. Argument was between Nylander and Matthews. Marner was just sitting in between them. That’s why the story died pretty quickly the next day because a lot of insiders/hockey people were told that Marner really wasn’t involved in the interaction. Again Hersey but that’s what I’ve been told. But I can see how people thought it had to do with Marner
If Marner wasn’t involved why’d he assault his gloves in a temper tantrum?

Reactions: Antropovsky

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
I can only say what I’ve heard through heresy but what I was told was that they had a set play drawn up if Matthews won. Nylander was not supposed to pass that puck to McCabe it was supposed to be Nylander wins the puck battle swaps with McCabe and shoots low for a Marner tip or Matthews back door. It was supposed to be a quick play to get the puck on net fast. Matthews was pissed the play didn’t happen as planned so he was going after Nylander. Argument was between Nylander and Matthews. Marner was just sitting in between them. That’s why the story died pretty quickly the next day because a lot of insiders/hockey people were told that Marner really wasn’t involved in the interaction. Again Hersey but that’s what I’ve been told. But I can see how people thought it had to do with Marner

Interesting, haters are reading that incident as Nylander being a leader tearing a strip off Marner, but it was that selfish Nylander DNA really deflecting blame... which is consistent with his families character. That make a lot more sense. FWIW I heard the same thing it was a Matthews vs Wille thing.

Probably pissed Nylander F-Up the set play... should we start a pin the tail on the whipping boy thread for Nylander or are we good unfairly blaming just one guy on the roster for the rest of the summer?

francis246

Nov 16, 2007

They were losing the game? His teammates are arguing, while he sits in the middle lmao. Everything is going to shit. I think Marner also understands the media was gonna be all over that interaction. The players aren’t dumb. It was just out of frustration of everything going on. I think people have as usual overreacted to that incident and also the glove throwing. Happens on every NHL bench.

Reactions: ACC1224

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Interesting, haters are reading that incident as Nylander being a leader tearing a strip off Marner, but it was that selfish Nylander DNA really deflecting blame... which is consistent with his families character. That make a lot more sense. FWIW I heard the same thing it was a Matthews vs Wille thing.

Probably pissed Nylander F-Up the set play... should we start a pin the tail on the whipping boy thread for Nylander or are we good unfairly blaming just one guy on the roster for the rest of the summer?
I didn’t blame him for shit, I simply asked why the temper tantrum? If anyone’s biased towards Marner it’s you and your ilk. The rest of the core are equally inept as Marner to my eyes……….

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
I didn’t blame him for shit, I simply asked why the temper tantrum? If anyone’s biased towards Marner it’s you and your ilk. The rest of the core are equally inept as Marner to my eyes……….

Also for what it’s worth I do believe this was the first year the core really felt the pressure of if they lose something drastic was going to happen. I really think Marner probably believed he was on the way out, in fact we know that to be true because he was open to waiving his NMC last summer, but Matthews has been adamant about spending his career and trying to win with Marner and Nylander.

I honestly don’t think Marner is going anywhere. They are going to resign him because that’s what Matthews wants.

Reactions: bax

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
just saw this on twitter LMAO

1725534538952.png

My "interest" in the upcoming season continues to trend downwards LOL

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Also for what it’s worth I do believe this was the first year the core really felt the pressure of if they lose something drastic was going to happen. I really think Marner probably believed he was on the way out, in fact we know that to be true because he was open to waiving his NMC last summer, but Matthews has been adamant about spending his career and trying to win with Marner and Nylander.

I honestly don’t think Marner is going anywhere. They are going to resign him because that’s what Matthews wants.
If that’s the case then obviously the lunatics have taken over the asylum, you can’t have entitled players dictating team policy. That screams disfunction which leads to failure. I remember when Babcock had to make his pilgrimage to the desert to wash 34’s feet after some minor incident which upset 34, that was probably the beginning of the end for this rendition of the Leafs…….

View attachment 905169

The idiots at MLSE are more than capable of giving Marner his ridiculous ask. Wonder Wonder was schooled and taken to the woodshed multiple times, Tre says “hold my beer……..”

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
There's hello kitty again steering the conversation in a completely different direction than the original point.

Initially the talk was about pressure in Toronto and how it allegedly effects players here and now you're off on completely different tangent.

Oh? I was responding to this

Dubas had so much insight that Marner proceeded to throw up an even stinkier series against Montreal. Seemed to be some kind of merit to that criticism.

With this

Comparable accepted. This is kind to Mitch, who is incapable of playing playoff hockey.

View attachment 904796

Comparing a goal scorer to a set up man? Would you like me to call a proctologist for you? Why not compare Mahones to Marner? Their last names both start with "M"?

Lets use your fan math, since Marner is a setup man we compare Drai assists to Marner's assists over the same period, Drai assists at about 3% better per game. Using your math that means Marner is worth $13.53 mil per year...

giphy.gif

Mitch likey!!!​

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022

Dude If I misinterpreted your sentiment, my apologies. I'm use to so many head up arses types in these Mitch threads, where one guy is the reason why we keep getting punted out in the 1st round, it's easy to see idiots in every thread. Again my apologies. Agree 100% the core is inept, if it improves the team I could care less if Mitch is traded to Siberia. End of the day, its a team who has failed collectively from the Pres down to the back up goalie. From the point where they were raw rookies they have marginally progressed (to the 2nd round once), that to me a systematic development problem not a pin the tail on the douchie whipping boy problem.

Reactions: rumman

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
If that’s the case then obviously the lunatics have taken over the asylum, you can’t have entitled players dictating team policy. That screams disfunction which leads to failure. I remember when Babcock had to make his pilgrimage to the desert to wash 34’s feet after some minor incident which upset 34, that was probably the beginning of the end for this rendition of the Leafs…….

The idiots at MLSE are more than capable of giving Marner his ridiculous ask. Wonder Wonder was schooled and taken to the woodshed multiple times, Tre says “hold my beer……..”
Tre will just hide behind uncle tannebaum

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I can only say what I’ve heard through heresy but what I was told was that they had a set play drawn up if Matthews won. Nylander was not supposed to pass that puck to McCabe it was supposed to be Nylander wins the puck battle swaps with McCabe and shoots low for a Marner tip or Matthews back door. It was supposed to be a quick play to get the puck on net fast. Matthews was pissed the play didn’t happen as planned so he was going after Nylander. Argument was between Nylander and Matthews. Marner was just sitting in between them. That’s why the story died pretty quickly the next day because a lot of insiders/hockey people were told that Marner really wasn’t involved in the interaction. Again Hersey but that’s what I’ve been told. But I can see how people thought it had to do with Marner.

Also Nylander was mic’d that night. He did not say stop f***ing crying bro. Hahaha the public was way off on that.
Correct, was told the same. Marners frustration was due to Nylanders not caring attitude about the whole thing.

Reactions: francis246

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin

View attachment 905169

If these idiots give Marner even 13m I think im fully done with this entire group (players, management, owners etc) lmao. What a joke that would be. Straight up on going circus for every Toronto sports team.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007

Times have definitely changed. Star players are packages and they want to play with their best friends or in their hometowns. Not saying it’s right or wrong just the way the NHL is going. Same thing will happen in Edmonton. Does draisaitl really sign without having some conversations with McDavid? Probably not.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

Sportsnet's Luke Fox has revealed why it's highly unlikely that we see Mitch Marner end up with a contract extension before or during the 2024-25 season.​

Marner and the Leafs have been eligible to begin negotiating a new contract since July 1st, but neither side has given the media anything in terms of what may or may not be going on behind the scenes this summer.

For Marner, this next contract has the potential to be the last big money deal of his career if he goes for the full 8-year term. For the Leafs, the question of whether or not they want to commit to the type of term and dollars that Marner will be demanding having endured several unproductive postseasons from the star winger.​
That’s pretty much the sentiment felt by all. Is there anyone that believes the Leafs should sign him before he proves his worth. That would actually be worth quoting

Last edited:

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
If these idiots give Marner even 13m I think im fully done with this entire group (players, management, owners etc) lmao. What a joke that would be. Straight up on going circus for every Toronto sports team.

He ain’t getting that. Marner is getting 12. It’ll be a 1.1 mill salary increase similar to Matthews. I think Tavares will get the Stamkos treatment. 3 mill or less or go sign somewhere else.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
How has Marner made a contract demand when we're told they haven't discussed one and the evil Ferris has promised to walk his client to UFA next summer? It's amazing how people will take any garbage they read as fact if it paints their villain in a bad light.

Reactions: egd27

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Comparing a goal scorer to a set up man? Would you like me to call a proctologist for you? Why not compare Mahones to Marner? Their last names both start with "M"?
I don't pay setup men as if they can score. I pay the actual goal scorers and play drivers. Marner has proven he's unable to rise to the call of playoff hockey.

You build your Stanley Cup team. I'll build mine.

10.8 for a winger, who is below average in: shooting, zone entry, carrying the puck, retrieving the puck, physical play. It's like the GM was a friend of his from the Marlies?

the evil Ferris has promised to walk his client to UFA next summer?
#1) Ferris absolutely sucks.
#2) Bye Marner. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
To stay in Toronto 13x8 is a reasonable ask. If they accept it, he’s set, if not, he signs on July 1 somewhere else, and probably for less.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
To stay in Toronto 13x8 is a reasonable ask. If they accept it he’s set, if not, he signs on July 1 somewhere else and probably for a lot less.
Can call it reasonable all you want, nothing shows this guy being worth anywhere near that kind of number.

Bro doesnt have a single individual award, never eclipsed 100 points, brutal in the playoffs, but somehow thinks he should be paid like all those other guys :laugh:

If i was doin the negotiations I would have trouble holding back a laugh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad