Marner Predictions - What Happens Now

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What Happens With Marner Now

• Total voters

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Have we considered that Nylander was just talking to another teammate offscreen about their Call of Duty game the night before, and Marner just threw his glove onto the ground because he saw a cockroach that was scurrying by at that exact moment? Matthews didn’t react at first because he doesn’t play video games but looked over the shoulder to see what was going on and then remarked a moment later “eww gross cockroach and yeah you have to shoot in a shooter video game, even I know that.” It’s all good. It can’t possibly look like what it looked like because that would be impossible.

And then of course the CBC and Sportsnet broadcast had to bump up the audio to make it sound like an argument.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
It can’t possibly look like what it looked like because that would be impossible.
Well, what it looks like is Matthews says something to Nylander, Nylander responds to Matthews with a pretty immature and flippant response, and Marner throws his gloves on the bench in frustration at losing and the penalty the refs just missed. Some people have convinced themselves that Marner must be involved in the discussion, despite never acknowledging it, saying anything, or looking at either of them... because... reasons...

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Well, what it looks like is Matthews says something to Nylander, Nylander responds to Matthews, and Marner throws his gloves on the bench in frustration at losing and the penalty the refs just missed. Some people have convinced themselves that Marner must be involved in the discussion he never acknowledges or says anything in... because... reasons...
How do you know the bolded?

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Well, what it looks like is Matthews says something to Nylander, Nylander responds to Matthews, and Marner throws his gloves on the bench in frustration at losing and the penalty the refs just missed. Some people have convinced themselves that Marner must be involved in the discussion, despite never acknowledging it, saying anything, or looking at either of them... because... reasons...

The key insight here is they all look bad in that moment and we don’t really need one guy to be let off the hook with complicated interpretations from each others Samsung TVs.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
How do you know the bolded?
We don't know that it's why he threw the gloves, but this was soon after Boston scored and the refs had missed a call on an infraction against Marner.
It's the most logical explanation with the information we have.
The key insight here is they all look bad in that moment.
It doesn't make Nylander look great, but for all of them, it's really just showing emotion and caring. Isn't that what we want?

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
How many goals were scored after that outburst between Marner, Matthews and Nylander the rest of the series?

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Have we considered that Nylander was just talking to another teammate offscreen about their Call of Duty game the night before, and Marner just threw his glove onto the ground because he saw a cockroach that was scurrying by at that exact moment? Matthews didn’t react at first because he doesn’t play video games but looked over the shoulder to see what was going on and then remarked a moment later “eww gross cockroach and yeah you have to shoot in a shooter video game, even I know that.” It’s all good. It can’t possibly look like what it looked like because that would be impossible.

And then of course the CBC and Sportsnet broadcast had to bump up the audio to make it sound like an argument.

Well, what it looks like is Matthews says something to Nylander, Nylander responds to Matthews with a pretty immature and flippant response, and Marner throws his gloves on the bench in frustration at losing and the penalty the refs just missed. Some people have convinced themselves that Marner must be involved in the discussion, despite never acknowledging it, saying anything, or looking at either of them... because... reasons...
I'm not sure which or the above explanations is more ridiculous.

The root of the issue was Nylander not caring which is his way.
Actually it looks the opposite - Matthews isn't showing anything, Marner is acting petulantly, and Nylander is showing emotion and that he cares enough to try to get his teammates to focus on the game.

Reactions: myleafs and ToneDog

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I'm not sure which or the above explanations is more ridiculous.
I'd say the one who's actually serious about their explanation.

Actually it looks the opposite - Matthews isn't showing anything, Marner is acting petulantly, and Nylander is showing emotion and that he cares enough to try to get his teammates to focus on the game.
Him allegedly throwing his gloves and tantruming over 2 of his other teammates having an argument is really weird to say the least.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
The root of the issue was Nylander not caring which is his way.
Nylander telling his teammate to quit crying is a bad look? Lol .. The coach should've cut the A from Marners jersey and glued it to Nylanders at that very moment. That might be the best show of leadership we've seen from the "core 4" ever.

Marner crying and then subsequently throwing his gloves on the ground like a 4 year old, is exactly what we dont need.

I'd say the one who's actually serious about their explanation.

Him allegedly throwing his gloves and tantruming over 2 of his other teammates having an argument is really weird to say the least.
Exactly... its worse if he threw his gloves over his teammates arguing then if he threw his gloves because Nylanders comments were directed at him.

Both are bad looks though. To be clear.

Skullz

Jul 5, 2013
Nylander didn't confirm anything. It is pretty obvious he's talking to Matthews though. Pretty bad look for Nylander, but it's a heated moment and it happens.
How is it a bad look? They aren't toddlers.

This whole thing is much ado about nothing. Who cares if Marner throws gloves, or if Nylander tells someone to stop crying? I would argue that it reflects well on 88, and that's about all there is to it.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Skullz

Jul 5, 2013
I think it’s a bad look on all of them because it was a series where they were down 2-1 and things were unravelling around them on home ice. That it got to that point.
I mean vis-a-vis Nylander? Seems like he said what needed to be said.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I think it’s a bad look on all of them because it was a series where they were down 2-1 and things were unravelling around them on home ice. That it got to that point.
the look on Bert's face as he leans back like trying to get away from a bad fart is priceless, probably thinking "I don't get paid enough to be part of this circus........."

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
How is it a bad look? They aren't toddlers. This whole thing is much ado about nothing. Who cares if Marner throws gloves, or if Nylander tells someone to stop crying? I would argue that it reflects well on 88, and that's about all there is to it.
It's a pretty immature and unproductive thing to say, and it comes across as him not taking things as seriously as he should, but I think it was just his way of releasing frustration and I don't know why anybody cares so much. It happens.

freshwind

Mar 23, 2002
It's a pretty immature and unproductive thing to say, and it comes across as him not taking things as seriously as he should, but I think it was just his way of releasing frustration and I don't know why anybody cares so much. It happens.
hahahaha
did you just call willie immature and his comment unproductive?
lol
i attempt to stay out of these silly arguments but from a guy who spends his interweb time defending a player who whines at the refs all the time, complains in the media, cries in the penalty box and throws his gloves like a 3 year old having a temper tantrum
really???
lol, that is just too rich

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
TRADE MARNER

Just getting in my daily rep, like this savage.

1331660438_bike_wheelie_bench_pressing.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad