Marner Predictions - What Happens Now

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What Happens With Marner Now

• Total voters

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Until a trade is announced he wears the A. You don’t publicly strip a player you intend or hope to trade. You want to retain value, that goes along with his self esteem and wanting to prove himself. If he agrees to a trade, and he’s had a typical Marner regular season, you are going to get the most value out of him you can.

In a perfect world you trade him now for major assets. Retool with playoff players.

As for what happens, who knows, but it would be a shame to let him walk for nothing, with the cap going up I could see management justifying a resigning of Marner with Tavares either going to free agency or signing to a team friendly deal.

Personally, sayōnara, auf wiedersehen, Bye Bye.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
……. Yes, but the Macarena can be done alone…
1723904474883.png

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Basically it's about 60% chance he's extended 40% walks, 0 to 1% chance he's traded
But the few hundred or so were so sure he was leaving this summer. Shirley they couldn’t have read the situation incorrectly?

• Haha
Reactions: diceman934

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I could not vote as the option of 'Publicly tarred and feathered and ran out of town for not performing in the playoffs' was completely and utterly missing.

I hope he is traded before the trade deadline. I'd even consider swapping him for Laine straight up.

He needs to be on a team that values his regular season points heroics but MISSES the playoffs because he is a USELESS playoff performer.

Reactions: Moonman and rumman

KaN19

Jun 25, 2023
Some Leaf fans just love torturing themselves. The core isn't going anywhere, that includes Marner and in all likelihood Tavares as well. MLSE has a good thing going with marketable stars and playoffs every year. They won't risk losing a trade (which is likely with full NMCs) or letting a star walk and failing to adequately replace him (sorry but Rantanen and Draisaitl aren't coming here).

Marner will get $11.5-12m x 8 and it will announced when he's on some crazy point streak. Tavares will come in at $4-6m on medium term. We're either going to eventually break through with this group or we won't. Time for major change has passed. I don't like it either, but I can see the writing on the wall.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Some Leaf fans just love torturing themselves. The core isn't going anywhere, that includes Marner and in all likelihood Tavares as well. MLSE has a good thing going with marketable stars and playoffs every year. They won't risk losing a trade (which is likely with full NMCs) or letting a star walk and failing to adequately replace him (sorry but Rantanen and Draisaitl aren't coming here).

Marner will get $11.5-12m x 8 and it will announced when he's on some crazy point streak. Tavares will come in at $4-6m on medium term. We're either going to eventually break through with this group or we won't. Time for major change has passed. I don't like it either, but I can see the writing on the wall.
The realist in me agree with all the above. The leafs fan in me that would love to see some meaningful improvement and success just threw up in the toilet.
😁

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
I voted for starts with no A, but I can see him eating crows in a year. Tough choice

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019

Word for word what I would have said. I think this is spot on.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
All signs point to an overpay. Could probably still live with his regular season hero act if we had a d man that was a one time threat on the PP.

Reactions: Kazparov and bax

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad