Marner Predictions - What Happens Now

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What Happens With Marner Now

• Total voters

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
He’ll get it somewhere. The Leafs can’t have him walk for nothing but cap space.

If the Rangers can win a couple of rounds with Panarin and Zibanejad, the Leafs should be able to with Marner and Nylander.
If he insists on getting $12, we will be better off just letting him walk.

I feel like all those people don't understand how a NMC works...
I feel like that was more wishful thinking that cold logic.

Oscar Peterson

Jun 27, 2015
If he insists on getting $12, we will be better off just letting him walk.

I feel like that was more wishful thinking that cold logic.
Maybe. I’ve definitely seen a lot of people just in pure ignorance of what an NMC is, or a lot of people thinking that the Leafs could just easily “intimidate” him into waiving it by refusing to play him etc.

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
Marner seems really angry. I wont be shocked if he spends half the year injured (even though he's a ufa soon) .

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
The leafs hold some power in that they are the only team that can offer 8 yrs. That could also be used to help marner waive to a team willing to resign him for 8 yrs to.

Enniskillen

Jan 16, 2021
no more Marner threads, who cares about this playoff loser? Let’s talk about Domi’s dog or hakinpaa’s knee, it will be much more meaningful discussion.

Reactions: HolyCrap

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
One last season? I still hope they can flip him for 4th rounder.

65 points, traded to Utah for future considerations and conditional 2nd rounder at the deadline! One has to be optimistic!

Jul 10, 2003
KW
The leafs hold some power in that they are the only team that can offer 8 yrs. That could also be used to help marner waive to a team willing to resign him for 8 yrs to.

That was my hope, but looks like team Marner is anticipating a bidding war out there.

Tie Domi Esquire

Go Real Sports Apparel Go!
Oct 18, 2010

Maybe he wants to be like his captain and never sign an 8 year deal until he's old.

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
true but if he wants to cash in on the short term cap raises then 7 or 8 arent even in play

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
I've said it before, and I'll say it again—watching the Marner interview after Matthews was introduced as captain was an example how Marner is so focused on himself. Every question the media asked about Matthews, and Marner talks "us" instead of focusing on Matthews. Marner, this event isn't about you; it's Matthews' moment to shine.

Marner also mentions how Johnny taught "them" that the work doesn’t stop on the ice. While Matthews has grown significantly—both physically and as a leader—Marner seems to be heading in the opposite direction. He may actually be less fit than he was in his early years, clearly not putting in the offseason work, and his sense of entitlement towards the media has grown. His game has become less physical, too. So, lumping himself into a response about Matthews isn’t exactly a ringing endorsement, especially given the criticism Marner's been facing.

Personally, I dont think Marner does these things intentionally, its just what hes been taught and grown accustomed to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad