Not open for further replies.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts

When nylander does the following to win the game then we can have the chat

meanwhile nylander is famous for the following:

original.jpg

this just goes on to show that the so called stats without context are meaningless

just in case you would like to see the stats again

2018-2019 regular season
NHL.com - Stats

2017-2018 season
regular season
NHL.com - Stats

2017-2018 playoffs
NHL.com - Stats

Last edited:

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Yeah, but Rantanen missed 8 games, so his ppg was higher. And I learned in all the Matthews threads that it’s entirely about ppg, and injuries can’t be held against the player. Also, Rantanen was ppg TWICE (Marner only once) and Rantanen scores significantly more goals.

We also learned that you consider total points and platform years when its. A leaf player.

But ELC goals when it relates to a jets player.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Matt Cane said a few months ago that marner should sign 6.6x6

That’s your source?

Yep. I’m sure he said that Marner after 3 years of his ELC was worth 6.6. Regardless.

He is absolutely a source against the idea that you completely fabricated that “only leaf fans” chose to rationalize the number after the fact....

When a professional who actually gets paid to predict contracts predicted the Nylander contract Months BEFORE.

Yep that’s a pretty good source.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
Yep. I’m sure he said that Marner after 3 years of his ELC was worth 6.6. Regardless.

He is absolutely a source against the idea that you completely fabricated that “only leaf fans” chose to rationalize the number after the fact....

When a professional who actually gets paid to predict contracts predicted the Nylander contract Months BEFORE.

Yep that’s a pretty good source.
Ok.

So under that logic, if Marner signs for more than 6.6x6, then it’s a dramatic overpayment and Dubas sucks at his job.

Matt Cane is our “reliable” source, right?

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Ok.

So under that logic, if Marner signs for more than 6.6x6, then it’s a dramatic overpayment and Dubas sucks at his job.

Matt Cane is our “reliable” source, right?

By.that logic Leaf fans who agreed with Nylanders number were not being inconsistent. As the contract was predicted before.

Soooooo it wasn’t just an after the fact rationalization.

That’s consistent.

Claiming Laine should be judged on ELC goals while Matthews should be judged on total points this year.

That’s inconsistent.

Throw More Waffles

Oct 9, 2015
By.that logic Leaf fans who agreed with Nylanders number were not being inconsistent. As the contract was predicted before.

Soooooo it wasn’t just an after the fact rationalization.

That’s consistent.

Claiming Laine should be judged on ELC goals while Matthews should be judged on total points this year.

That’s inconsistent.
I used YOUR insane Matthews elc goals argument on the main boards about Laine. Wanted to see how they’d take it. It didn’t go well. Go figure. I’ve already told you why, but you’re too petty to listen.

The current argument is whether Matt Cane is a reliable source or not. You think he is, so that means you think anything over 6.6x6 for Marner is an overpayment.

That’s what you’re arguing, and I’ll NEVE forget it.

Anything more than 6.7x6 for Marner is a Dubas overpayment.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I used YOUR insane Matthews elc goals argument on the main boards about Laine. Wanted to see how they’d take it. It didn’t go well. Go figure. I’ve already told you why, but you’re too petty to listen.

The current argument is whether Matt Cane is a reliable source or not. You think he is, so that means you think anything over 6.6x6 for Marner is an overpayment.

That’s what you’re arguing, and I’ll NEVE forget it.

Anything more than 6.7x6 for Marner is a Dubas overpayment.

Again. The argument is that you presented was that no one expected Nylander to get that money. And leaf fans made up a narrative after the fact.

Which was wrong. Soooooo that makes you like 0 for 90?

Now . You are trying to compare old contract values. That does NOT include a 26 goal 94 pts season into ELC totals for contracts. Which is inconsistent with YOUR own view that platform years are what matters.

Of course since you also apparently look at total ELC goals for Laine. Soooo I guess that’s your thing

Throw More Waffles

Oct 9, 2015
Again. The argument is that you presented was that no one expected Nylander to get that money. And leaf fans made up a narrative after the fact.

Which was wrong. Soooooo that makes you like 0 for 90?

Now . You are trying to compare old contract values. That does NOT include a 26 goal 94 pts season into ELC totals for contracts. Which is inconsistent with YOUR own view that platform years are what matters.

Of course since you also apparently look at total ELC goals for Laine. Soooo I guess that’s your thing
Yep. Screen shot saved.

Matt Cane is a reliable source.
Matt Cane thinks Marner is worth 6.6x6.

So you agree with your reliable source that Marner is only worth 6.6x6

Let's hope Dubas doesn’t overpay.

Remember that time you said Marner is worth 6.6x6?

Because I do. And I always will.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
When nylander does the following to win the game then we can have the chat

meanwhile nylander is famous for the following:

original.jpg

this just goes on to show that the so called stats without context are meaningless

just in case you would like to see the stats again

2018-2019 regular season
NHL.com - Stats

2017-2018 season
regular season
NHL.com - Stats

2017-2018 playoffs
NHL.com - Stats

Lmao the one time Nylander did that in I believe one of the first games of the season vs the playoffs :laugh:

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
1.) If he didn't delay Nylander's contract, the cap hit would be higher than it is today. Nylander called Dubas and settled. Dubas never called Nylander in the final moments.

2.) If Marner signed for 9 x 8 last season people would have called for Dubas' head. 9 mil for back to back 60 point seasons. Foresight my ass. No GM is handing 9 mil to a 20 year old for back to back 60 point seasons. Marner is still worth 9 x 8 today if we go by Aho's contract but these rfa's are more interested in causing a lockout than they are playing the actual game.
You were wrong then...that is obvious now and you are wrong again now. Should Marner break 100 points this year, I am quite sure you will say that it would be insane to give Marner 10MM at this point of time given what we know. This ability of evaluating players must seem like magic to you because there were plenty of people on this forum alone who predicted Marner would kill this last season. Maybe you should pick another hobby because this one doesn't seem to be working out for you.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Lmao the one time Nylander did that in I believe one of the first games of the season vs the playoffs :laugh:

Eye test leaves a lot to be desired from Nylander's game including hustling for pucks and puck pursuit. That said, in the playoffs he played well (except for a few fly-bys that pissed me off)

one of the examples:

if it wasn't for the plugs he was surrounded with (marleau and brown) his line could have done some damage

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
How come Marner was an utter failure in the playoffs a few months ago? I mean yea good on him for blocking a couple shots but we're not paying $12m for a utility dman that can block a couple shots.
He was the main reason why the leafs won 2 out of 3 games.

Reactions: MyBudJT
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad