Tribute Marner Appreciation Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yall are crazy

Dec 11, 2022
The truth about Marner is, he's exactly this good to keep playing like this bad in the playoffs.

He hasn't shown superstardom in the playoffs a single time at any point.

Nylander has the same points and more goals without playing with Matthews or PP1 time. Marner is also a classic stat padder. Wow he showed up big in Tampa game 2 T_T.
That's a straight up lie. straight up lie

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
The truth about Marner is, he's exactly this good to keep playing like this bad in the playoffs.

He hasn't shown superstardom in the playoffs a single time at any point.

Nylander has the same points and more goals without playing with Matthews or PP1 time. Marner is also a classic stat padder. Wow he showed up big in Tampa game 2 T_T.
Marner is putting together quite the list of playoff messups that have led to gtg/gwg against. This is the "smartest player in the game"?

1)Montreal game 6 GWG, Marner tries to deke multiple Montreal players and is stripped up puck leading to Gallagher goal (essentially the gwg)

2)Montreal Game 7, Marner attempts to flip the puck out of the zone when nobody was on him, leading to delay of game PP. leading to gwg 5-3 pp goal against.

3)Tampa Game 5 GTG against: Marner trips along the boards in defensive zone and gets up slowly, his coverage takes pass and walks into open space undefended and scores slap shot goal

4)Tampa game 6 OT goal, Marner flips the puck (attempted pass to Matthews) directly to Tampa player who counter attacks and scores in OT.

5)Game 2 Vs Florida, tried to make a pass in his own zone, with multiple Florida Panthers around, leading to giveaway that led to GWG against.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Marner is putting together quite the list of playoff messups that have led to gtg/gwg against. This is the "smartest player in the game"?

1)Montreal game 6 GWG, Marner tries to deke multiple Montreal players and is stripped up puck leading to Gallagher goal (essentially the gwg)

2)Montreal Game 7, Marner attempts to flip the puck out of the zone when nobody was on him, leading to delay of game PP. leading to gwg 5-3 pp goal against.

3)Tampa Game 5 GTG against: Marner trips along the boards in defensive zone and gets up slowly, his coverage takes pass and walks into open space undefended and scores slap shot goal

4)Tampa game 6 OT goal, Marner flips the puck (attempted pass to Matthews) directly to Tampa player who counter attacks and scores in OT.

5)Game 2 Vs Florida, tried to make a pass in his own zone, with multiple Florida Panthers around, leading to giveaway that led to GWG against.
If youre going to list them, you may want to refresh yourself on some of the details.

I dont love his role in some of those, but youve mixed up games, results and highlighted a game he saves with a well executed 2on1 with Matthews

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
If youre going to list them, you may want to refresh yourself on some of the details.

I dont love his role in some of those, but youve mixed up games, results and highlighted a game he saves with a well executed 2on1 with Matthews

Which games? Leafs won game 5, but Tampa ties that game with 11 minutes left in the third off of a bad play by Marner. Just because we win the game doesn't mean the play should be I ignored.

The gwg 2-1 goal... Great. But the work of Matthews and especially Bunting are most impressive on that play. I'm not jumping up and down because Marner was gifted a 2-1 breakaway off the trench work of two of his linemates. He was literally left all alone at center ice and Bunting made an incredible pass to send him in all alone and Matthews worked like a dog to turn it into a 2-1. Many in this thread have made the observation that if Marner gets space he can produce but he struggles when there isn't space. He was gifted a breakaway on that play.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
There were at least 3 Marner passes in the Leafs zone that turned into a Florida chance or some protracted time in zone. He's making fussy little plays in inappropriate moments and doesn't seem to be moving his feet, driving north. Awful start to Game 3.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Which games? Leafs won game 5, but Tampa ties that game with 11 minutes left in the third off of a bad play by Marner. Just because we win the game doesn't mean the play should be I ignored.

The gwg 2-1 goal... Great. But the work of Matthews and especially Bunting are most impressive on that play. I'm not jumping up and down because Marner was gifted a 2-1 breakaway off the trench work of two of his linemates. Many in this thread have made the observation that if Marner gets space he can produce but he struggles when there isn't space. He was gifted a breakaway on that play.
Game 5 v. TB is the 2on1 we won it off. That 3rd GA is a play hes tripped on, its a blown call.

You have 1 and 2 mixed up fwiw, and the 5on3 goal wasnt the GWG. Im a little rusty, but that "tries to deke multiple players" claim is a huge reach - he made 1 bad, horrific, decision.

I shit on the guy a lot. Im critical of his play tonight, his overall decision making (which i think many confuse with creativity), but youre reaching on some of these.

The space comment is interesting since he had plenty with the 5on3 OTG call and the FLA gwg the other night

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Game 5 v. TB is the 2on1 we won it off. That 3rd GA is a play hes tripped on, its a blown call.

You have 1 and 2 mixed up fwiw, and the 5on3 goal wasnt the GWG. Im a little rusty, but that "tries to deke multiple players" claim is a huge reach - he made 1 bad, horrific, decision.

I shit on the guy a lot. Im critical of his play tonight, his overall decision making (which i think many confuse with creativity), but youre reaching on some of these.

The space comment is interesting since he had plenty with the 5on3 OTG call and the FLA gwg the other night

Yeah I shouldn't have tried to be specific. Fact is hes had giveaways leading to goals against at critical times in games of previous series. The plays in listed happened but not at the exact moments I listed.

Not sure what you mean about the the 5/3 otg call or the fla gwg the other night.

Dave92

Oct 9, 2019

The gwg 2-1 goal... Great. But the work of Matthews and especially Bunting are most impressive on that play. I'm not jumping up and down because Marner was gifted a 2-1 breakaway off the trench work of two of his linemates. He was literally left all alone at center ice and Bunting made an incredible pass to send him in all alone and Matthews worked like a dog to turn it into a 2-1. Many in this thread have made the observation that if Marner gets space he can produce but he struggles when there isn't space. He was gifted a breakaway on that play.
The delay of game penalty was in game 6 and not the gwg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad