Prospect Info: Marlies/Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Man, Koster is just nasty. That guy really may become something.

O'Connell? I didn't see anything special, but I've watched exactly 1 period. Drew a penalty though.

I think with O'Connell you are hoping for a guy who can move the puck and play a simple but effective game.

The issue is that I think the Leafs were hoping for more offense, which is TBD. He is also not a Dubas pick so the chances for him are not particularly high unless he blows the roof off in the next two years.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
I think with O'Connell you are hoping for a guy who can move the puck and play a simple but effective game.

The issue is that I think the Leafs were hoping for more offense, which is TBD. He is also not a Dubas pick so the chances for him are not particularly high unless he blows the roof off in the next two years.

Yeah, he doesn't have that thing you see with Dubas drafted prospects where you can literally see the NHL potential and why they were drafted regardless if they're a 1st or 7th round pick.

Fingers crossed a guy like O'Connell becomes something.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Prospect update
SDA 1 assist in 15:58, 3 SOG
Niemela +3 in 14:51, 3 SOG
Korshkov 1 goal in 15:25, 2 SOG
Kral not in the lineup for some reason today.

Reactions: acrobaticgoalie

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Prospect update
SDA 1 assist in 15:58, 3 SOG
Niemela +3 in 14:51, 3 SOG
Korshkov 1 goal in 15:25, 2 SOG
Kral not in the lineup for some reason today.
Niemela is a low key monster. Manages to chip in offensively and has ridiculous smarts on the ice at both ends. One of my favourite prospects in our pool. I'd be surprised if he doesn't become a top 4 dman.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
SDA surprisingly has adjusted well in the KHL. Picked up another point today.
It's early yet but he appears to be playing a lot and picking up a good amount of points for a player his age. I expected him to see time in the ECHL to start this season like Hollowell and Duszak last season. He should be a regular for the Marlies to start if he contiues his pace in the KHL.

daethfromabove1979

Jun 20, 2006
SDA surprisingly has adjusted well in the KHL. Picked up another point today.

Agreed, surprised a guy who hasn't been in Russia for years, and probably isn't staying long term, gets lots of ice. Especially when a guy like Amirov is barely seeing the ice.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Niemela is a low key monster. Manages to chip in offensively and has ridiculous smarts on the ice at both ends. One of my favourite prospects in our pool. I'd be surprised if he doesn't become a top 4 dman.
He is pretty much what Dubas wants in a player. Skilled but standout IQ. With today's game, he managed to improve his CF% to over 63. He's had a terrific start, and now should be interesting how he handles tougher usage. Like you, one of my favorites in the system.
The Russia and Finnish teams will be fun to watch in the world juniors.
It's early yet but he appears to be playing a lot and picking up a good amount of points for a player his age. I expected him to see time in the ECHL to start this season like Hollowell and Duszak last season. He should be a regular for the Marlies to start if he contiues his pace in the KHL.
The chances are still against for a player like him turning into anything, but the AHL will really tell the story. KHL performance is a positive though.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

Noting, there is no ECHL season for the Growlers this year.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Agreed, surprised a guy who hasn't been in Russia for years, and probably isn't staying long term, gets lots of ice. Especially when a guy like Amirov is barely seeing the ice.
It is strange now thinking about it considering Amirov is a better player, but Leafs probably were confident SDA would get lots of ice time or they wouldn't send him.

Reactions: daethfromabove1979

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
It is strange now thinking about it considering Amirov is a better player, but Leafs probably were confident SDA would get lots of ice time or they wouldn't send him.

It could very well be a case, of the KHL team, trying to sell themselves, as a future opportunity for SDA. Or, he's actually doing a better job now, of helping them win, even though Amirov has more potential.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Noting, there is no ECHL season for the Growlers this year.

I wouldn't be that shocked if the Leafs set up a temporary team for the year, or came to an agreement to send some of their prospects to another ECHL team for the year. Money talks and I think the Leafs will want to do so.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I wouldn't be that shocked if the Leafs set up a temporary team for the year, or came to an agreement to send some of their prospects to another ECHL team for the year. Money talks and I think the Leafs will want to do so.

That wouldn't shock me at all. Eight teams suspended operations, meaning only 13 teams left. But, I can see them sending Scott to an ECHL team... I'm not sure that there are many other prospects that they'd send down though. But, it's a good option, if available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad