Prospect Info: Marlies/Prospects Thread - It's finally puckdrop, baby!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
He needs at least a year or two in the AHL. Most guys who jump straight from the SHL to the NHL and have any kind of major impact are PPG players. Hallander is not even 0.5 PPG at this point.

I think he can make the NHL at some point, but right now he needs a couple of years of AHL seasoning before he is NHL ready. We don't really need to rush the guy so might as well give him the time to develop properly.

I still believe the production is more due to bad luck and teammates compared to his actual skill level. His transition/defensive game imo is well ahead of most guys his age playing in pro.

I have a strong feeling he could play in the NHL and be an effective player today, but I'm not expecting him to see NHL minutes until late next season at the earliest.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
I still believe the production is more due to bad luck and teammates compared to his actual skill level. His transition/defensive game imo is well ahead of most guys his age playing in pro.

I have a strong feeling he could play in the NHL and be an effective player today, but I'm not expecting him to see NHL minutes until late next season at the earliest.
That’s the impression I get, too.
In a complimentary role, I could see a quick transition seeing how the reports indicate he plays the whole ice and has a good motor.

Reactions: Morgs

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
Robertson's elite goal scoring at the OHL level wasn't just from his elite shot, but his ability to get an insane volume of shots off. His start with the Marlies shows he's still going to be able to do that against men. He's not just good at getting open, he looks very capable of making plays when he has limited time and space
Robertson will replace Nylander.
Willy is almost pouting out there now .

TopProspect91

Registered Abuser
Sep 11, 2004
Toronto
Quick question: are Marlies games shown on LeafsTV? I just added it to my package but i’m noticing that today’s game at 4pm isn’t being shown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad