Prospect Info: Marlies/Prospects Thread - It's finally puckdrop, baby!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
Liljegren and Robertson are both NHL players as of right now. They stand out every shift
Liljegren looks too good for this level now.

Definite NHL player.

ya it definitely looks that way. Robertson has had jump all game. He alone must have had 3+ HDCF. He’s been all over the puck. Playing strong on the puck too. He looks great. At this point, Liljegren dominating is not even a surprise. Guy is way too good for the AHL. Such a good player

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
The more I watch Robby, the more it feels exactly like the player JT and Willy need on the left side. This kid never passes up a shot. You can tell before he even gets the puck that he is going to an area where he can catch and release. Having JT and Willy creating Robby the space he needs to get that thing off will be a recipe for success. And he really doesn’t need a lot of space, he can get it off in a hurry

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
On the injury reserve, so probably NHL 21?

Unless this is an unrelated injury that seems problematic.. When he first got cut they said a minimum of 6 months so it was looking like mid 2020. No league to play in then so no problem but we are over 14 months post surgery now. Do you have an update link? Is he done?

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
Unless this is an unrelated injury that seems problematic.. When he first got cut they said a minimum of 6 months so it was looking like mid 2020. No league to play in then so no problem but we are over 14 months post surgery now. Do you have an update link? Is he done?
Yeah, they said he re-aggravated a groin injury. Not sure how long he's on the shelf. Let me see if I can pull up the link.

EDIT:

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Leafs' Woll learns to calm his game by watching 'rock' Andersen - TSN.ca

Toronto's top goalie prospect Joseph Woll is learning a lot from watching Frederik Andersen up close. "The biggest thing I've worked on during this really long offseason is calming my game down," Woll said. "Being able to watch Freddie and how much of a rock he is back there, it’s pretty cool to see how much he can calm the team down." Woll is serving as the Leafs' third goalie while Jack Campbell rehabs a leg injury.

Reactions: hn777

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
Anyone have an idea what the plan for Woll is? Are they just waiting for Campbell to be healthy and then moving Hutchinson to the taxi squad and sending Will to the minors?

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Yeah, they said he re-aggravated a groin injury. Not sure how long he's on the shelf. Let me see if I can pull up the link.

EDIT:

Thanks! Groin is not the hip which is good although maybe the injury does relate to his deconditioning from the surgery. Bad groin stuff always seems terrifying in older goalies but not so much at 22, or at least I hope.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Thanks! Groin is not the hip which is good although maybe the injury does relate to his deconditioning from the surgery. Bad groin stuff always seems terrifying in older goalies but not so much at 22, or at least I hope.

From my understanding a weaker muscle in one area can impact the strain it has in another. I.e. knee pain can be associated with weak or tight quad muscles.

Wouldn’t be shocked if it’s related to him getting his hip strengthened, and it’s just part of reconditioning the hip.

Reactions: 7even

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Anyone have an idea what the plan for Woll is? Are they just waiting for Campbell to be healthy and then moving Hutchinson to the taxi squad and sending Will to the minors?
I think that is the plan. He was called up to the taxi squad when Campbell got injured and Hutch went from the taxi squad to the backup role.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Oh really? You don’t say. :sarcasm:

Still doesn’t mean he wasn’t at a disadvantage compared to other guys who were loaned out, like Valimaki, Lundqvist, Brannstrom etc.

Always makes me giggle when critics sink into “I know Liljegren is much improved but he would be even more improved if they took my advice!”

Reactions: supermann_98

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
I want to get Liljegren in some games ASAP so we can get the part where he's bad while he gets used to the league out of the way. He should be as close to comfortable as humanly possible before the playoffs start.

Reactions: stickty111

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Oh really? You don’t say. :sarcasm:

Still doesn’t mean he wasn’t at a disadvantage compared to other guys who were loaned out, like Valimaki, Lundqvist, Brannstrom etc.

That massive disadvantage shows too right? I mean, he's just getting destroyed in the AHL right now too right? It's just been bad for him????

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I want to get Liljegren in some games ASAP so we can get the part where he's bad while he gets used to the league out of the way. He should be as close to comfortable as humanly possible before the playoffs start.
Him and Sandin would have applied here too if not the injury need to get games in this season. You don't know, we may need them later on in the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad