Prospect Info: Marlies/Prospects Thread - 2021/22

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

don't think i've seen him play since the world juniors. he looks a lot quicker than i expected.

Another Nylander doing laps around the offensive zone. (That's not a bad thing at all.) He's got some pretty good confidence in his ability.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Even if he was, Moore would probably still use Hutch. He's had a terrible year but I don't criticize him much because he keeps getting overused. With Petrezelli healthy, it should be a tandem yet Moore has decided Hutch is his #1

Roadhog

May 3, 2020
Toronto
pretty sure hutch is only still here because we needed a goalie on contract to expose in the expansion draft. the decision to play him is entirely on moore, though. especially when petruzzelli is sitting there on the bench (though he wasn't even the back up last night).
Petru was sent back to St. John's on Monday, their playoffs start tomorrow.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Even if he was, Moore would probably still use Hutch. He's had a terrible year but I don't criticize him much because he keeps getting overused. With Petrezelli healthy, it should be a tandem yet Moore has decided Hutch is his #1

At least Petruzzelli is back in the ECHL getting reps, and Hutch's usage was fine until Petruzzelli was out for a bit too and we had to turn to Christopolous and other ECHL fodder. I guess he felt like riding Hutch was better than using those guys, and TBH, he is probably not wrong. Christopolous sucked.

Out of all of the stupid things he has done, goalie usage has typically not been a huge issue. We have had terrible luck with injuries too. Woll is hurt. Scott is hurt. Petruzzelli was unavailable for a couple of weeks in there. Kallgren is replacing Mrazek, who is hurt, and Campbell was also hurt for a bit there too. Hutton is still hurt and likely is not that great anyways. We have a great crop of goalies and most of them are hurt.

Moore's issue is defense. Our offense has been mostly fine, but still underperforming relative to their skill-level. The combos and usage are typically fine too, even though there are some times where he tries too hard to do certain things (i.e. splitting the PP units and putting guys like Robertson on 2PP as a result), but we are 9th in GF and PP% this year so you can't complain too much. It would also likely be better if we were not so trash defensively, which is his main weakness. 6th worst GA in the league, and his defensive combinations, choices, and structure are just downright stupid for a guy who is supposed to be an AHL coach. Kivihalme is continuously used as a top 4 defenseman, both on his strong and weak side, even though he has consistently proven he has been a liability the past 3 years. Dahlstrom and Rubins have been on their off-sides while Duszak is used as a forward when he has improved his defensive game enough to be a solid top 4 RD?

We have some good defensemen and yet he doesn't use them properly at all.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
At least Petruzzelli is back in the ECHL getting reps, and Hutch's usage was fine until Petruzzelli was out for a bit too and we had to turn to Christopolous and other ECHL fodder. I guess he felt like riding Hutch was better than using those guys, and TBH, he is probably not wrong. Christopolous sucked.

Out of all of the stupid things he has done, goalie usage has typically not been a huge issue. We have had terrible luck with injuries too. Woll is hurt. Scott is hurt. Petruzzelli was unavailable for a couple of weeks in there. Kallgren is replacing Mrazek, who is hurt, and Campbell was also hurt for a bit there too. Hutton is still hurt and likely is not that great anyways. We have a great crop of goalies and most of them are hurt.

Moore's issue is defense. Our offense has been mostly fine, but still underperforming relative to their skill-level. The combos and usage are typically fine too, even though there are some times where he tries too hard to do certain things (i.e. splitting the PP units and putting guys like Robertson on 2PP as a result), but we are 9th in GF and PP% this year so you can't complain too much. It would also likely be better if we were not so trash defensively, which is his main weakness. 6th worst GA in the league, and his defensive combinations, choices, and structure are just downright stupid for a guy who is supposed to be an AHL coach. Kivihalme is continuously used as a top 4 defenseman, both on his strong and weak side, even though he has consistently proven he has been a liability the past 3 years. Dahlstrom and Rubins have been on their off-sides while Duszak is used as a forward when he has improved his defensive game enough to be a solid top 4 RD?

We have some good defensemen and yet he doesn't use them properly at all.

11 and 7 again. Does he even want to make the playoffs?

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013

11 and 7 again. Does he even want to make the playoffs?

It is literally the same lines as last game except Douglas is 4C instead of Suomela... Because that was the issue.

I don't even know with him. He doesn't seem to know what he is doing.

Reactions: stickty111

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Growlers win 7-4 in their first playoff game over Trois-Rivieres.

Orrin Centazzo is going to be given a shot in the AHL somewhere next year. May not be the Marlies, but someone is giving that guy an AHL contract and letting him play in a higher league.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Marlies win 5-1. Rochester gets a point so they barely stay ahead in the playoff race. Robertson and Anderson a goal and assist

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Robertson is on such a heater I love it.

My wish for him this season is to finish strong and stay injury free of course but also that this summer he puts on a little more man strength to help him for next year, where I have no doubt he'll make the team.

If he somehow got a regular spot on one of the top 2 lines I could see how him contending for ROY ... and if somehow, some way he got a regular spot with Matthews and Marner he could score 35-40 goals, health permitting

horner

May 22, 2007
Robertson is on such a heater I love it.

My wish for him this season is to finish strong and stay injury free of course but also that this summer he puts on a little more man strength to help him for next year, where I have no doubt he'll make the team.

If he somehow got a regular spot on one of the top 2 lines I could see how him contending for ROY ... and if somehow, some way he got a regular spot with Matthews and Marner he could score 35-40 goals, health permitting
He needs to work his core strength lower body.

Clyde Brewer

Oct 15, 2021
How has Joey Anderson been looking?

I asked this in the Bunting injury thread, maybe more appropriate here.

Does anyone think Anderson could be the one to fill Bunting's spot? Can he provide aggression and a heavy forecheck?

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013

Does anyone think Anderson could be the one to fill Bunting's spot? Can he provide aggression and a heavy forecheck?

Other than being a pure RW, he can do everything Bunting provides (and more since he also is a strong PKer).

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

He's not a big hitter or anything but he's a smart energy player with average abilities all across the board. He's good around the net but I'm not sure he'd provide the same aggression Bunting does. He's a similar player though so maybe all he needs is a shot.

Robertson has been way too good to not call up though.

Last edited:

SoftDumpNtheCorner88

Jul 5, 2020
He's not a big hitter or anything but he's a smart energy player with average abilities all across the board. He's good around the net but I'm not sure he'd provide the same aggression Bunting does. He's a similar player though so maybe all he needs is a shot.

Robertson has been way too good to not call up though.
I like Robertson but he easily gets thrown around at the NHL level.

Sad to say that if he can't plant his skates and secure his position on the ice I don't see I spot for him right now unless we promote someone from the 3rd line to the 1st and put him on the 3rd. He's a waste on the 4th line. We need a strong net front presence so the M&M can cycle with space, Bunting works well with M&M because he can cycle with them but still cause havoc in front of the net that forces teams to pay attention to him, can't see Robertson doing that right now.

As of now he's the skilled speedy small forward with a good shot and not a liability in the dzone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad