Prospect Info: Marlies & Prospect Discussion

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Berube won’t play him…..over Connor dumb penalty Timmins… let’s get real. It’s not like Connor Timmins is a defensive stalwart. Berube just happens to favour Timmins for some unknown reason the same way Robertson was always riding the bench in favour of Noah Gregor with Keefe in charge.

Every coach has their whipping boy.

Marner was the whipping boy under Babcock.

Do you think Babcock’s opinion of Marner or Keefe’s opinion of Robertson affects their trade value? Outside of the organization I can assure you that nobody cares.
I don't even see him fetching more than a late 2nd rounder.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
No, Lily went 17th in a weak draft. Most years he is a second rounder. He has never panned out. You want GM's to pay for what might be. Good luck getting a 2nd for him. Won't happen. The fact the Leafs won't play him speaks volumes. Usually you frame guys for trade. Benching them is an admission. They tried trading him, no one wants him. $3m is a real cap hit. He is all risk.

Wasn't Liljegren the consensus #2 before he had mono in is draft year?

Argue that he didn't develop well, but I think most drafts he is a 1st rounder.

Over 50% of the rankings had him as a top 10 pick.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Has anyone gotten eyes on Danford since the season started for him? See he has 2 points in 4 games. Curious what his usage is looking like. Really hoping he has a jump in production this year.

I haven't seen him so far but I read he's been pretty good, as expected. Coming from a concussion might be an adjustment so we'll see.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Well if Leafs trade Lily it opens the door for Niemela.
I'll be honest I don't see it, not with Berube running the show. Niemela basically dominated the prospects series after a solid rookie year in the AHL and when preseason started he didn't even get a sniff of a game, even against a rival teams "B" squad.

He'd rather play a slug who can't skate or make a pass or takes stupid penalties than a small skilled guy, at least on defense. Maybe he's got PTSD of his time in St. Louis losing Pietrangelo and him being replaced with Krug (can't blame him there).

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Wasn't Liljegren the consensus #2 before he had mono in is draft year?

Argue that he didn't develop well, but I think most drafts he is a 1st rounder.

Over 50% of the rankings had him as a top 10 pick.
Alexander Daigle was first overall and became worthless. Lily won't fetch you a 2nd rounder right now.

I'll be honest I don't see it, not with Berube running the show. Niemela basically dominated the prospects series after a solid rookie year in the AHL and when preseason started he didn't even get a sniff of a game, even against a rival teams "B" squad.

He'd rather play a slug who can't skate or make a pass or takes stupid penalties than a small skilled guy, at least on defense. Maybe he's got PTSD of his time in St. Louis losing Pietrangelo and him being replaced with Krug (can't blame him there).
Not sure. Looks like Berube likes vets.

ChazzMichaelMichaels

Jul 10, 2014
What's going on with Oshawa?

Was hoping to see a bit of a break out season for Danford offensively but just from stat watching it looks like Oshawa is having a tough go.

Even Colby Barlow is pointless in 5 games. Sennecke just 2 points in 4 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad