Player Discussion Tyler Kleven (D) at 44th Overall (Sens traded up)

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Was at the game. Noticed he is getting more comfortable the game does still feel like it is going 1000mph around him but I think he will find a play style that will let him play around that speed by always prioritizing being in the right position/spot. Did notice one/two shifts where he was down too deep in the oZone and he couldn't skate back to the point in time and a forward had to cover for him.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I was always a bit of a Brannstrom fan myself but you can clearly see what Klevin brings to the game. He's physical. He's already stopped a few guys dead in their tracks on the boards. He's going to be good. He needs a bit more learning but breaking in a young D is something the other 31 teams are doing too.

Reactions: Micklebot

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I was always a bit of a Brannstrom fan myself but you can clearly see what Klevin brings to the game. He's physical. He's already stopped a few guys dead in their tracks on the boards. He's going to be good. He needs a bit more learning but breaking in a young D is something the other 31 teams are doing too.
I've been impressed with his play with the puck when pressured by a forechecker, on more than a couple occasions he's made a quick move to evade and give himself enough space to make a pass up ice and start the transition

He's made the odd mistake with his DZ coverage but I like how he's defending the rush, he's going to be a stud imo.

scallionjj11

FOREVERALFIE
Jun 10, 2009
East Coast
Was at the game. Noticed he is getting more comfortable the game does still feel like it is going 1000mph around him but I think he will find a play style that will let him play around that speed by always prioritizing being in the right position/spot. Did notice one/two shifts where he was down too deep in the oZone and he couldn't skate back to the point in time and a forward had to cover for him.
Such a tough take.

And you were at the game?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad