Prospect Info: Marlies & Prospect Discussion

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
A big reason I really wanted to sign Mike Koster this past summer. He's now a free agent though.
I’m not sure how accurate PuckPedia is, but they have him Koster as signable until August 25.
They also had a different waiver eligibility for Marshall Rifai than capfriendly.
And the rights to Miettinen as ‘indefinite’.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I’m not sure how accurate PuckPedia is, but they have him Koster as signable until August 25.
They also had a different waiver eligibility for Marshall Rifai than capfriendly.
And the rights to Miettinen as ‘indefinite’.

Koster and Miettinen are free agents since their rights expired last August (4 years since drafted our of the NCAA) and Rifai definitely requires waivers.

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
If Grebs lands with the Marlies, I’d put him beside Minten. Minten’s maturity, leadership etc., would help ease the transition and Grebs fire and physicality might spark a bigger fire in Minten’s belly.

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
Koster and Miettinen are free agents since their rights expired last August (4 years since drafted our of the NCAA) and Rifai definitely requires waivers.

The Rifai on waivers concerns me. I could see us losing him. A bit of later bloomer that is showing poise, maturity and hockey sense in both directions. I am not saying he is a game changer, but we need 7th and 8th d-men like him, Myers, and even Timmins.

I don't want us to lose guys like these guys like them, and Holmberg, Dewar, Lorentz and even opportunities for Cowan, Minten, and Grebenkin to ease in this year with 30 or 40 games each just because we didn't want to move on from Kampf, Jarnkrok and Liljegren. These three are fourth liners and bottom pairing D. Even if the kids can't bring what the outgoing vets bring, how much will it matter with limited ice time.

Maybe we keep Kampf until Dewar and Minten are healthy, maybe even increase Kampf's value with a decent start on a fourth line.

I also like keeping Murray so we don't lose him. That third goalie is important too, yes we have Hildeby but let's slow our role a bit there too.

Our goal is playoff success, a big part of this will be winning the division.

Trade those three guys, collect some draft capital, fee up cap space and create some space to inject youth this year so they are better next year or have value in a trade with the cap space we have freed up.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Interesting player.
Small side, but fast and tenacious. Still 21.
Also interesting is Ty Voit. Small, crafty, creative. Also 21.
If you smushed these two together, you’d have a really intriguing guy, rather than two neat ones.

Some small NHL players (Centers) Played multiple games, mostly

1728231745327.png

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
I could be mistaken but I think Miettinen was drafted out of Finland and moved to the NCAA after that.

Not sure if that has any bearing on his standing in terms of owning his rights.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Yeah, I wonder where PP gets their info.
I vaguely recall some talk about extended timelines d/t covid.

This should be a very deep forward group, and it doesn't include guys like Voit, Quillan, Kressler and maybe Lisowsky who will play a role.

This will be the defence that likely starts the year aside from adding Rafai for Miller if he clears.
I like Tverberg getting reps at C.
But woukd like him getting time with sone offensive mates too. Maybe he’ll get some pp?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad