Marlies GDT: Marlies Calder Cup Champions!!!!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Lmao compating aj and hyman, hyman doesn’t have half of the skill cap that aj does, dont kid yourself
He doesn't, but he brings a lot of things AJ does not. Considering you've seen little of both with the Marlies I wouldn't expect much insight here.

ToMaLe

Sep 24, 2002
Saskatchewan
Watched Rosen a few times this year and have been saying for a long time now that he is better then half of the Leafs dmen. Hopefully he has opened some of managements eyes and takes a spot on the big team next year.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
He doesn't, but he brings a lot of things AJ does not. Considering you've seen little of both with the Marlies I wouldn't expect much insight here.
Yet you somehow expect to know how much I watch the marlies? Lmao gtfo.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Aaltonen has a heck of a work ethic. He could surprise next season if he brings that energy to the Leafs.

ManosArriba

Oct 24, 2017
Hopefully Keefe switches up the defensive pairings a little bit for the rest of this series, Marancin and Holl have been awful together and I say this as a Holl fan. Also don't know why Timashov is getting so much ice time, I think the power play is much weaker than it needs to be with him on it.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
What quality game of hockey. So many future NHLers on the Marlies and the Flyers have some good young D on the slow cooker down there too. Not as many future NHLers up front for the Phantoms.

Love getting the chance to watch this on TSN.

When I watch the AHL I still can't believe cities trade out AHL hockey for Junior hockey. I used to travel to watch the Cape Breton Oilers religiously and they replaced it with the Screaming Eagles in the 90's. One of the worst junior teams in the CHL year over year. Would love to have the AHL in my backyard again.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Yep, I always thought Dermott would be the better player, but Nielsen's offensive output in Lethbridge and then last year was promising. Anybody who actually stood on Nielsen's side was obviously a statwatcher though. It was pretty obvious that Derms was better if you took in a few games.
so...eye test, right:nod:

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
rosen has a chance to start with dermott next season...it be kinda soft blueline though

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Been able to catch parts of both games 1 and 2. Its good hockey to watch. Intense, fast, physical and really good goaltending.

Man, Sparks gives me back flashbacks to Reimer in his movements.

Dermott stands out big time, especially his passing ability. Engvall has too, good skater. Fun to be able to watch some of our prospects in a high pressure test scenario.

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
Looking forwards to the Marlies going up 3-0 tonight and more dominance from Aaltonnen and Johnsson, Dermot and Sparks! Who do the rest of you think will be the Marlies stars tonight?

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Looking forwards to the Marlies going up 3-0 tonight and more dominance from Aaltonnen and Johnsson, Dermot and Sparks! Who do the rest of you think will be the Marlies stars tonight?

GRUNDSTROM BABY

I think he's going to be given every opportunity to make the team out of camp. The guy scores goals.

It's very exciting having some young guys like Johnsson and Grundstrom who can step up and fill any offensive voids. So many talented young guys, so few minutes to go around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad