Kings News: Marian Gaborik (with 50% Retained) to Kings for Matt Frattin + 2nd + Cond 3rd

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Frattin is Gone!! Thank God!

What a great deal for the Kings. It's pretty much a 2nd and 3rd round pick (which we got a 2nd earlier in the day)

livingminimal

Feb 24, 2012
per TSN:

Columbus gets Frattin + 2nd + conditional 3rd
LA gets Gaborik

If that's the case...
Today has been, so far...

to the Kings:
2nd BUF
2nd BUF
Gaborik
Denabb

Off the Kings
Frattin
2nd
3rd
Deslauriers
Fushard or whatever.

that's pretty ******* good, Dean.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I honestly forgot Frattin was still with the Kings. That's how forgotten of a player he was here.

Lombardi really turned a dud into a great return. Gaborik is high risk, high reward, but he's now a low risk move with Columbus retaining half of his salary.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
He's made of glass sure but how in the world can anyone be upset at acquiring him fr a bust in Frattin, a 2nd and a conditional pick AND he's got some of his salary retained.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Fantastic value, and who knows, he may be awesome here and could be someone we re-sign. Great moves thus far, Dean is killing it now.

HansH

Unwelcome Spectre
Feb 2, 2005
San Diego
www.mib.org
I honestly forgot Frattin was still with the Kings. That's how forgotten of a player he was here.

Lombardi really turned a dud into a great return. Gaborik is high risk, high reward, but he's now a low risk move with Columbus retaining half of his salary.

So, Bernier has turned into a Gaborik rental and the pick we got for Scrivens? Is that right? Thoughts?

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Gaborik - Kopitar - Carter

I think the idea will be to keep Gabby/Kopi and Carter/Richards together.

It's a big IF, but if somehow Gaborik and Richards can play like they did even two years ago the Kings suddenly have a really dangerous lineup. There is no reason they can't, they will be playing with Kopitar and Carter respectfully.

I'd like to see...

Brown - Kopitar - Gaborik
King - Richards - Carter
Toffoli - Stoll - Williams
Lewis - Vey - Nolan

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
He's made of glass sure but how in the world can anyone be upset at acquiring him fr a bust in Frattin, a 2nd and a conditional pick AND he's got some of his salary retained.

Only concern is that there's about a 75% chance he'll hit IR before the playoffs. If he can stay healthy, great, but when was the last time that happened? And he hasn't even been playing in the west.

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007
Wonderful, now lets start acquiring lambs to sacrifice in hopes he stays healthy through June.

4 months is what....20 Lambs?

Jason Lewis

Oct 4, 2011
So, Bernier has turned into a Gaborik rental and the pick we got for Scrivens? Is that right? Thoughts?

It's tremendous. Never would you see that trade done straight up. Goaltenders don't get value like that. Look what Ryan Miller got and he is a proven asset.

livingminimal

Feb 24, 2012
Just an unreal trade. Talk about getting a 40 goal scorer (when healthy) for nothing.

Is he still though (40 goals, not healthy, that's obvious)? He's on the wrong side of 30. He will never a get a contract like his last one.

I sort of hope hes motivated to prove himself. Very motivated and very healthy. This is not the Gaborik of 2010. Not sure that dude will ever be seen again. Either way its a steal of a trade.

HansH

Unwelcome Spectre
Feb 2, 2005
San Diego
www.mib.org
I'd like to see...

Brown - Kopitar - Gaborik
King - Richards - Carter
Toffoli - Stoll - Williams
Lewis - Vey - Nolan

Hm, might flipping Toffoli and Brown give Toffoli the chance for those first-line minutes to turn him into the scorer we've been hoping he'll become at the NHL level?

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Hm, might flipping Toffoli and Brown give Toffoli the chance for those first-line minutes to turn him into the scorer we've been hoping he'll become at the NHL level?

That is two pretty soft wingers for Kopitar, who's line is still going to draw the other teams top lines when possible.

Brown is responsible defensively and can dig picks out and forecheck much better than TT.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad