Speculation: Marek/Friedman- Edmonton 2nd and 3rd round picks for Korpisalo is being discussed

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Koskinen + conditional 3rd that could turn into a 2nd if the oilers make it to the second round with Korpisalo playing >50% of playoff games is the most the oilers should go IMO.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Korpisalo has 3 wins since Dec 01 and will certainly not sign with CBJ.
This let's them test drive Koskinen and see if could work for them away from Oilers D

Jackets have their goalies in Elvis and Tarasov looked good when he was called up this year. Koskinen is as redundant as Korpisalo and wouldn't get re-signed. Jackets want something of value for a UFA they are not re-signing on a position they have depth. They are not taking Koskinen back unless Oilers pay picks on top of that . Oilers desperately need a goalie . They are getting squeezed no matter how bad the goalie has been they're trying to aquire.

Reactions: LTIR

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Jackets have their goalies in Elvis and Tarasov looked good when he was called up this year. Koskinen is as redundant as Korpisalo and wouldn't get re-signed. Jackets want something of value for a UFA they are not re-signing on a position they have depth. They are not taking Koskinen back unless Oilers pay picks on top of that . Oilers desperately need a goalie . They are getting squeezed no matter how bad the goalie has been they're trying to aquire.

I think getting anything for Korpisalo would be a win for columbus. If that includes bringing back a guy who's contract runs out at the end of the year so be it.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Definitely a band aid solution. Not even one of those super sticky band aids. More like the type that slips off when you sweat a little.

Reactions: Szechwan

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I think getting anything for Korpisalo would be a win for columbus. If that includes bringing back a guy who's contract runs out at the end of the year so be it.

If thats all thats coming back they might as well just keep Korpisalo and let him walk instead of trading just one UFA for another you won't ever try to re-sign either

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
If thats all thats coming back they might as well just keep Korpisalo and let him walk instead of trading just one UFA for another you won't ever try to re-sign either

I was saying if it was Korpisalo and a 5th that still is an extra 5th.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

That's good logic but more for the deadline. The season is only half played now so the salary difference between Korpisalo and Koskinen comes into play. Columbus ownership would have to eat an extra $550k to get that 5th round pick. They're going to want to delay the deal.

The 2nd + 3rd that Jarmo supposedly gave as the price is not just the price for Korpisalo, it's the price for getting a goalie el pronto. Plus some emergency price gouging. I doubt Korpisalo is worth more than a 3rd at the deadline.

Reactions: YP44

serp

Jan 17, 2016

With how badly the Oilers need a goalie there is no reason to take this little value until its like 2 minutes before the deadline and that was the best deal out there

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
With how badly the Oilers need a goalie there is no reason to take this little value until its like 2 minutes before the deadline and that was the best deal out there
fair, but still better than nothing. Also I imagine it would be more than that.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
last 4 years

2020-21Columbus Blue JacketsNHL333.300.894|
2021-22Columbus Blue JacketsNHL183.820.887
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
2018-19Columbus Blue JacketsNHL272.950.897|
2019-20Columbus Blue JacketsNHL372.600.911
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
1 season with save % over 900--how is that worth a 3rd let alone a 2nd
Not saying Korpisalo is the next coming, however, the last two years statistics are not representative of his actual talent. Last year the CBJ was a trainwreck and this year the team is the youngest in the NHL with a team defense that is learning to play in a new system with less than ideal top 6. Korpi is actually solid. He could be a starter and has shown in longer stretches with consistent work he can be a starter. He does give up soft goals but when he played consistent he's a pretty good option. Small sample but go look at his playoff year (9 games, 1.9 GAA, 0.941%). He got consistent work that year and all the work inthe playoffs. Again, not a world beater but he needs to play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad