Speculation: Marek/Friedman- Edmonton 2nd and 3rd round picks for Korpisalo is being discussed

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
Holland will trade for Price in the off-season in a 3 way trade. He’s too desperate not to.

Face Of Bear

Jul 30, 2012
Oilers need a #1 G and two top pairing Dmen to be competitive. It ain't happening this year.

Sniped90

Jul 20, 2010
Sherwood Park
Marek show.

Marek and Friedman mentioned that Edmonton may have said no to this offer a bit ago but if circling back now as they are reporting that Holland is under immense pressure from ownership to make playoffs.

Official offer reported by Marek and Friedman

To Edmonton
Korpisalo

To CBJ
2nd rnd pick
3rd round pick

Friedman added that perhaps the new conversation is a pick and a prospect instead of 2 picks.
It is definitely not being discussed. It was said holland essentially laughed while hanging up the phone.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Don't think it makes sense at that price. Wouldn't be surprised to see Korpi in EDM though.

Reactions: LTIR

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Korpi in EDM makes sense but not at that cost . Straight up Koskinen perhaps.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
And wait for years for him to develop . The Oilers need a goalie now . I know fans don't get the concept of win now vs rebuilding .
Okay but you're going to be waiting a few years for Bourgault anyway. I know goalies take a while but atleast if you draft Wallstedt now you know you will eventually have the problem solved.

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
Under immense pressure to make playoffs.

Looking to trade for Korpisalo to carry them to the playoffs.

I says pardon?

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Okay but you're going to be waiting a few years for Bourgault anyway. I know goalies take a while but atleast if you draft Wallstedt now you know you will eventually have the problem solved.
Bourgault was our target because our team thinks he is closer to being NHL ready than most other guys that were available. If his training camp and pre-injury season this year show anything, its that he will be ready sooner than later. Goalie development is voodoo. Wallstedt could be the next Brodeur. He could be the next Dubnyk. He could be the next nobody.

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
And wait for years for him to develop . The Oilers need a goalie now . I know fans don't get the concept of win now vs rebuilding .

You'd hope having Drai and McDavid would provide a window greater than the next four-five years.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Thats expensive for a UFA goalie who is having an awful season. Is he even an upgrade over the current Oilers goaltending and i know Oilers goaltending sucks but Korpisalo has been rough.

Reactions: YP44

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Korpi in EDM makes sense but not at that cost . Straight up Koskinen perhaps.

That'd be pointless for the Jackets. Might as well just let Korpisalo walk if Koskinen is the return.

Reactions: Viqsi

GJB

Dr. Hook
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2002
Oilers already have an underperforming Finnish goalie, just not even an upgrade, no way Edmonton should be interested really.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
That'd be pointless for the Jackets. Might as well just let Korpisalo walk if Koskinen is the return.
Korpisalo has 3 wins since Dec 01 and will certainly not sign with CBJ.
This let's them test drive Koskinen and see if could work for them away from Oilers D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad