Player Discussion Marco Rossi

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
lots of players have a 2nd year slump , while i don't think this will happen for rossi (i feel hes on a mission) if not on the 1st line i would expect a slight drop.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I'm not married. But I will try to repeat everything I say to my current girlfriend for the next couple of months. If we get married it's your fault. ;-)

This sounds like a something that you start doing as a tiktok series.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I'm not married. But I will try to repeat everything I say to my current girlfriend for the next couple of months. If we get married it's your fault. ;-)
Knowing the almost nothing I know about your relationship, I'm sure it'll go great.

This is not relationship advice and I am not a registered relationship advisor or councilor.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
With a beautiful bag like that on your head, I can totally get why your wife loves you.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
And that's probably why you have to repeat every word you say, the bag muffles your voice.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Knowing the almost nothing I know about your relationship, I'm sure it'll go great.

This is not relationship advice and I am not a registered relationship advisor or councilor.
Baghead - Certified Relationship Advisor

I like the sound of that :laugh:

All it takes is ~$4 + shipping to get a certified sticker.

1723238515496.png

relationship advisor is basically the same thing as freak, right?

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
lots of players have a 2nd year slump , while i don't think this will happen for rossi (i feel hes on a mission) if not on the 1st line i would expect a slight drop.

I think the biggest thing for Rossi is getting him more consistent playing time in better offensive situations (better linemates, more offensive zone starts, and PP time). On Rossi's end, he has to do a better job of not just being a guy who makes smart/safe plays, drives possession, and wins perimeter battles but a guy who takes the puck into or creates higher-quality scoring chances. He's a great 3rd player on a skill line right now who does little things that don't show up in the scoring sheet and eventually lead to situations that lead to offense. He needs to be the one that can more directly create some of those chances. Now, to the extent that he doesn't improve in that area... to me that skillset plays up with better linemates. I'm not confident that Rossi will get this opportunity.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Perfetti got 2 years at 3.25 or something like that. I think he’s a good Rossi comp. Would you prefer a bridge like that or something long term with a higher AAV? 4x$4M or maybe 6x$5M

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I'm not convinced that Perfetti is a good Rossi comp. If nothing else, then because Rossi is a center.

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
Perfetti got 2 years at 3.25 or something like that. I think he’s a good Rossi comp. Would you prefer a bridge like that or something long term with a higher AAV? 4x$4M or maybe 6x$5M

Perfetti essentially signed a short prove-it deal as an RFA after a slightly underwhelming sophomore season.

Rossi just had a promising rookie year and has one more year on his ELC. I don't really see them as comparables right now.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'm not sure I like the direction this thread is going in. Can't we get back to Baghead's covered up face, and relationship advice?

Speaking of the latter, I wonder how Rossi's GF feels about him spending most of his time here instead of some idyllic Austrian village in the mountains?

Puhis

Will accept caffeine.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
I'm not sure I like the direction this thread is going in. Can't we get back to Baghead's covered up face, and relationship advice?

Not Baghead, but Hamburg is a lovely place to go for your first vacation together. Trust me, I just did.

It's also in Germany, which is north of Austria, where a hockey player by the name of Marco Rossi is from. He's also lovely.

Reactions: 57special

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Perfetti essentially signed a short prove-it deal as an RFA after a slightly underwhelming sophomore season.

Rossi just had a promising rookie year and has one more year on his ELC. I don't really see them as comparables right now.
Who is a better comp? They both had 40ish points, and both are trying to prove they can be 2Cs. They even went right after each other in the ‘20 class and play similar games.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
and both are trying to prove they can be 2Cs.

Perfetti is a winger, but even if we ignore that, we still need to wait and see what Rossi does this year before we say they're comparable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad