NFL 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
I’m not going to say that he’s in bust territory, but definitely underwhelming. You mention the good processor, haven’t seen much of it at the pro level. Makes way too many poor decisions at critical times. Much like his team, inconsistent and middle of the road. Thought his contract this summer was ridiculous, but they are all in on him at this point.
He looks lost right now. Poor interception. I think the offensive line has been an issue and the talent around him at skill positions kinda meh. Etienne fumbled away one game they should have won. But Lawrence is struggling.

Gordy Elbows

Keep off my lawn
Oct 31, 2019
He looks lost right now. Poor interception. I think the offensive line has been an issue and the talent around him at skill positions kinda meh. Etienne fumbled away one game they should have won. But Lawrence is struggling.
Can’t help wondering how he would look on a decent / good team. It seems the Jags are far behind in games early and the game plan becomes desperation.
Even Burrow looks sub-par with the poor team play around him.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Can’t help wondering how he would look on a decent / good team. It seems the Jags are far behind in games early and the game plan becomes desperation.
Even Burrow looks sub-par with the poor team play around him.
The Jags look in complete shambles. Right guard looked like he didn't know the snap count all game. Dropped balls still a problem and marginal weapons. But Trevor Lawrence also looks unravelled. The QB whisperer has alot of work to do with this team. Bills looked very good on both sides of the ball.

I really like Joe Burrow but man Cincinnati is also spitting the bit. Didn't see that game but they're digging a big hole with their brutal start.

A model to look at is Goff in Detroit. Cast off from LA and now surrounded with great offensive weapons with their strong ground game (love watching Montgomery and Gibbs) and lots of good receivers.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Sirianni reminds me of Woody but worse. The only thing keeping him employed is an unreal record which is mostly due to having a solid team.

That “the players have my back” line has to be the saddest shit I have ever heard from a head coach in the NFL. The funny part is It’s blatantly obvious his players don’t respect him.

Reactions: bellagiobob

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Saw parts of both games last night and came away with these things.

- Daniels looks like the real deal. So cool in the pocket and his decision making is vet-like. Move over CJ, you're about to get some company. Dan Quinn has made a massive difference in that team.

- Something smells wrong in Cincy. They have the talent, no question, but they are not playing like a team right now. Similar to a few other outfits out there. We'll see if they can pull out of this, as they have in other seasons.

- Trevor Lawrence looks like his confidence has been destroyed and he looks like a beat down donkey. Such a promising team and QB a little over one season ago, and now it looks like there may have to be some major changes.

- funny how perceptions can change. When Buffalo lost their 2 starting wide recievers and both safeties this last off season, I'm sure most of us thought there would be some real regression. But so far, they've looked really good. Their offence looks so much more balanced and Allen doesn't have to play Superman for them to win. The defence looks even better with the 2 new guys back there (I think Poyer and Hyde were getting long in the tooth and constantly injured). Plus, they don't have to put up with Diggs constant whining. That's Houston's problem now.
We'll see how they do though in the next 3 games when the competition gets ramped up dramatically.

I’m not going to say that he’s in bust territory, but definitely underwhelming. You mention the good processor, haven’t seen much of it at the pro level. Makes way too many poor decisions at critical times. Much like his team, inconsistent and middle of the road. Thought his contract this summer was ridiculous, but they are all in on him at this point.
Are you talking about Dak?;)

Reactions: bellagiobob

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
Saw parts of both games last night and came away with these things.

- Daniels looks like the real deal. So cool in the pocket and his decision making is vet-like. Move over CJ, you're about to get some company. Dan Quinn has made a massive difference in that team.

- Something smells wrong in Cincy. They have the talent, no question, but they are not playing like a team right now. Similar to a few other outfits out there. We'll see if they can pull out of this, as they have in other seasons.

- Trevor Lawrence looks like his confidence has been destroyed and he looks like a beat down donkey. Such a promising team and QB a little over one season ago, and now it looks like there may have to be some major changes.

- funny how perceptions can change. When Buffalo lost their 2 starting wide recievers and both safeties this last off season, I'm sure most of us thought there would be some real regression. But so far, they've looked really good. Their offence looks so much more balanced and Allen doesn't have to play Superman for them to win. The defence looks even better with the 2 new guys back there (I think Poyer and Hyde were getting long in the tooth and constantly injured). Plus, they don't have to put up with Diggs constant whining. That's Houston's problem now.
We'll see how they do though in the next 3 games when the competition gets ramped up dramatically.

Are you talking about Dak?;)
Bang on, for Daniels its a small sample size and he is smaller, will see if he can avoid taking hits.

Burrow can't stay healthy, Chase wants to get paid.

Lawrence hasn't looked good for a while now. Its been mentioned before but he didn't have many challenges in his football career, fairly easy competition before he got to the NFL. Playing in the ACC he had two tough games a year at best. He doesn't seem to care about being a football player. Hey they pay good, what else am I'm going to do, I don't have a degree...

Bills defense is surprising me, especially the secondary. Allen is the best or second best player in the league and after those two its not that close. He is playing smarter, taking less hits, lets hope he can keep it up.

Reactions: Stoneman89

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
What a great story with Damar Hamlin now playing a starting role and getting his first INT last night after nearly pushing up daisies a seemingly short time ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad