Player Discussion Marco Rossi

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
A video of all of his goals was uploaded to YouTube last month and recommended for me today.

I did a little counting, and 13 of his 21 goals were garbage goals (#18 was sort of a combination, as it was a real shot, but ~2 feet out). This kid was a 5'9" net crasher, and thrived from it. If he is able to add a couple more garbage goals, and improve his shot in the off-season, I see 30+ goal potential.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
A video of all of his goals was uploaded to YouTube last month and recommended for me today.

I did a little counting, and 13 of his 21 goals were garbage goals (#18 was sort of a combination, as it was a real shot, but ~2 feet out). This kid was a 5'9" net crasher, and thrived from it. If he is able to add a couple more garbage goals, and improve his shot in the off-season, I see 30+ goal potential.

He’s almost like a Parise in that regard. That’s why I think he would work better with big bodied grinder types that can get it to the front of the net. Like a Foligno currently and what I hope Ohgren can do as well (while being an actual top 6 level guy).

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
what a change for him. In his first year in the AHL he was hesitant to go near the crease, and looked overmatched when he did, nvm the NHL. Looks like he has embraced, getting strong, quick, and skilled in close - being small has disadvantages, but also allows you to get lost in coverage more easily, and be more nimble close in due to smaller moving parts.
While he's not exactly a sniper, you can see he is a decent, and willing, shooter.

I don't know how much higher his ceiling is, but I have nothing but admiration for the hard work and sheer will to improve that he has shown.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I hope that whatever Rossi has spreads to the rest of the prospect pool. There is no reason that a guy like Walker, who is taller and faster, can't emulate him, at least on paper. Heidt, definitely.

I know that there is more to it than that, but Rossi's character is impressive.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I hope that whatever Rossi has spreads to the rest of the prospect pool. There is no reason that a guy like Walker, who is taller and faster, can't emulate him, at least on paper. Heidt, definitely.

I know that there is more to it than that, but Rossi's character is impressive.

You can't really teach what Rossi has, it's innate. Guys like Kaprizov and Ek have it too. Wouldn't want to trade him because he's the type that'll still be getting better when he's 25-30.

Reactions: TaLoN and BagHead

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
But how’s his endurance? I don’t recall strength being the problem. I remember him running out of gas in the second half.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
But how’s his endurance? I don’t recall strength being the problem. I remember him running out of gas in the second half.
Most rookies do. Seeing his and Faber's play decline was less surprising that seeing the high level they were at in the first place. I think his endurance will be fine before too long.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Most rookies do. Seeing his and Faber's play decline was less surprising that seeing the high level they were at in the first place. I think his endurance will be fine before too long.
I had attributed Faber’s play more to his broken ribs, but you make an excellent point there. They asked a ton out of him.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yes, a very common occurrence with rookies, but All of the of benefits of off season training tend to peter out as a player reaches the end of his season. The players who put on good weight start to lose it, the ones who tends towards fat put it on, and all fall prey to nagging injuries more at the end of the season than the beginning(in general). Some players can deal with the latter more than others, some just get un/lucky.

Some just get mental fatigue. Those guys might have to take more time off in the off season, or find something to do during the season that relaxes them.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I had attributed Faber’s play more to his broken ribs, but you make an excellent point there. They asked a ton out of him.
Yeah, injuries definitely hampered Faber in the latter part of the year. I think asking a guy to play 23-30 minutes per night creates a higher risk of injury and fatigue, so I'm not surprised one of those two happened. His endurance was well beyond what most rookies have.

Rossi was more typical in that regard, but I also know he's a hard worker so I don't expect that to be a career-long issue.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Wabit

May 23, 2016
For just $10 you can join my course.

You forgot to link your payment options.

Next step will bumping your twitter follower count up to 500 so you can monetize it. Then you can sell that course there too. :help:

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
You forgot to link your payment options.

Next step will bumping your twitter follower count up to 500 so you can monetize it. Then you can sell that course there too. :help:
Not a bad idea. I'll hire you and you can take 30% of the profits. The course is really good. It says everything I said in my original post, but for 2 hours.

Reactions: Wabit

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Mitchell Chaffee looks like he has been pencilled into TBL’s top 9. Did we mess up with him? I remember some chatter when we first signed him but not much since

Wrong thread - sorry

Last edited:

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Not a bad idea. I'll hire you and you can take 30% of the profits. The course is really good. It says everything I said in my original post, but for 2 hours.

Far be it from me to tell you how to run your business, but 30% seems like a lot off the top. I think you probably could have started at around 15% and settled at 20-22% for Wabit.

I have more tips like this available in my course, only $8.99, and it only takes 1.5 hours, if you're interested :naughty:

Last edited:
Reactions: BagHead and Wabit

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Far be it from me to tell you how to run your business, but 30% seems like a lot off the top. I think you probably could have started at around 15% and settled at 20-22% for Wabit.

I have more tips like this available in my course, only $8.99, and it only takes 1.5 hours, if you're interested :naughty:

So your next step will be to get to 500 twitter followers. The monetize the account and sell you course. :naughty:

I wouldn't take a cut from any twitter stuff... But, if you want to branch to other platforms I do have some affiliate links I'd ask you use when you sign up. That way my kickback would come for the company side and not effect the amount you make.

If you want to more tips and tricks I have a guide I can send you for only $3. :nod:

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Mitchell Chaffee looks like he has been pencilled into TBL’s top 9. Did we mess up with him? I remember some chatter when we first signed him but not much since
At one point I thought that he was better than Duhaime, but then Chaffee had a bunch of injuries, missing large parts of his AHL seasons. As an already mature player coming out of college, he couldn't afford that loss of development time.

What i saw with him was a forward with decent size and strength, but a game that was more about skill. His skill, however, was not good enough. Speed was average...nice but not great shot. Sort like a Beckman with a stronger body, but more injuries.

We'll see what he does at TBL, and whether he has a Tommy Novak type late development in him. This probably should be in a different thread.

Looking at the TBL forum, most think that Chaffee should be a 4th liner at best, preferring Mike Essymont(similar to Duhaime, at best)to him.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad