Recalled/Assigned: Marco Kasper - Emergency Recall

cvaicunas

Aug 25, 2021
He’ll make the games more interesting to watch.

The only thing that could meaningfully move the team forward this season imo is the addition of an actually good defenseman or a clearly above average starting goaltender. But I’d rather watch Kasper grow than someone like Berggren continue to flounder around, so fair enough.
It's not the goalies at this point. Sure none of them are elite, but how many goalies do we have to try to realize it's the defense. Now is that solely personnel, scheme, combination of both?

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC to Chicago
It's not the goalies at this point. Sure none of them are elite, but how many goalies do we have to try to realize it's the defense. Now is that solely personnel, scheme, combination of both?

Oh I agree it’s very much on the defense.

I think a better starting goaltender could mask some of that, which would help. But our blue line is an affront to god.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
Oh I agree it’s very much on the defense.

I think a better starting goaltender could mask some of that, which would help. But our blue line is an affront to god.

I’d argue our defense in Blashill’s last year was better than it is now.

We need a Time Machine and prime Hasek.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
That is the most likely outcome.

In any case, why isn't the team getting flu shots?

They should be if they're not. But it's probably not actually the flu. People often just label bad colds and illness "flu" when it really isn't.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I’d argue our defense in Blashill’s last year was better than it is now.

We need a Time Machine and prime Hasek.
You mean they year we watched double digits get hung on us like 8 times?

Hell no.

We saw a huge difference in goals allowed from Blashill to Lalonde. Don't let 4 games of this season (2 against the Rangers) trick you into thinking otherwise.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld
Oct 18, 2006
So we can have mitches crying when he goes minus 2 and blame Stevie for that too?
Odd take. He will have bad games. But how’s that any different to any of our veterans? At least he’ll learn and grow. Some people are either very resistant to youth or are such Yzerman apologetics.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad