Marchessault wins Conn Smythe

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I expect most Quebecois to speak French as a native language with a heavily French-accented English, but it seems like in Marchessault's case, English may be his native language.

Based on this interview though, it seems like he probably spoke both at home as you can definitely hear the French accent in his voice, while still being comfortable speaking English on what feels like a pretty native level.

The french accent is pretty obvious there to me, even if it's not that tick. If he had been a native english speaker, he would have no accents whatsoever. I have seen a lot of hockey players from Scandinavia that have grown to speak english perfectly with no accents. I remember hearing Mats Sundin speak and I was like wow the guy come off like he grew up in North America. It always depends on the invidual. Some lose it quickly. Or you have someone like Arnold Schwarzenegger that will never lose it. What helps Marchessault is that he played his adult hockey mostly in America and that his wife is english-speaking and all his children speak english. Seems like an english household(which is sad to me).

WhataKnight

The KnightMan Cometh!
Jan 6, 2023
Don’t even care.

The players pile up points to win a game. They sort the accolades later.

Damn, I don’t wanna “break up the band.”

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Most amazing picture I've ever seen:

FynFCmNXgAUtCOD

It fits Jonathan's personality so damn much. (I also just noticed the grouping is in a sort of a heart)

Crosby2010

Mar 4, 2023
To me it was clear the Conn Smythe came down to three guys, Eichel, Marchessault and Stone. Any of those three would have been a good choice. Stone with his two-way play, being the captain and getting a hat trick in the final game is something I thought the voters may have loved. But either way. Eichel leading the playoffs in points and being good in basically all 4 rounds. Then Marchessault being cold in the 1st round but turning it on the final three and scoring some huge goals, sometimes in bunches, was the winner here. I get it, this wasn't a bad choice by any means. It is just that there were three solid players with a chance.

DitchMarner

TheGlitchintheSwitch
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Congrats to him. Well-deserved.

I don't want this to come across the wrong way or anything... just curious: He has to have the least decorated career or any skater to have won this award in NHL history, no?

The only real comparable I can think of is Justin Williams, but he was" Mister Game Seven."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad