Marchessault wins Conn Smythe

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Then why did Crosby win it in 2016 over Kessel?
3 point difference is basically nothing when you factor in that Kessel played no defense or got the hardest matchups.

If anyone else deserved it, it was Letang or Murray.

I'm assuming Marchy plays some defense and gets the top matchups.

Reactions: pi314

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
Why wasn't he allowed to skate around with the trophy? Whatever guy took it away from him like 20 seconds after he picked it up

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
What a f***ing ride his career has been for him. I don’t particularly like Vegas, but how can you not be happy for this guy. The underdog. Undrafted, forgotten, passed on, cast aside.

…and now Stanley Cup Champion and Conn Smythe winner. Imagine the feeling. Happy for him.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
3 point difference is basically nothing when you factor in that Kessel played no defense or got the hardest matchups.

If anyone else deserved it, it was Letang or Murray.

I'm assuming Marchy plays some defense and gets the top matchups.
He played on Eichel's wing. He played great don't get me wrong, but Eichel was completely taking over games, like he did tonight.

Kessel was excellent that year all over the ice.

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
Well deserved! Several other players ( Eichel, Hill, Stone) could have win as well.

Testament to how great a team they have.

Reactions: WhataKnight

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Guys I don’t think Jack even cares if he got robbed. He’s probably thrilled for Marchessault.

I don’t think there was a shoe-in choice. Thats what made this Vegas team so great. They have lots of guys who can kill you.

Jack owned the 2023 playoffs IMO from a storyline and just redemption standpoint but he doesn’t need a trophy for us to understand that. Eichel flat out won the post-season and I think that’s what we will remember the most, trophy or not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad