Maple Leafs name Auston Matthews captain

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
"None" is not equivalent to "None of the above." The gif was taken from a Richard Pryor movie from 1985.

Lmao. Best of luck to you
297.jpg

Is this reference too old for you or were the 2000's some sort of sweet spot for that failing memory of yours?

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Not sure how that particular meme is relevant to any part of this conversation. You can keep going if you want
I dont think you are very sure about the relevance of anything you've said in this thread.

I asked a simple question "what is your point, exactly?" because so far all I've seen is that you think the 1950's and 2010's are the same 'too old to be remembered' but hypocritically reference media from 1985.

Then I see you whining in another thread about an old reference being more than 10 years old and you were compelled to comment on it again. :laugh:

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
It'll be interesting to see how it turns out but I feel like they will just rotate A's again to protect some feelings and also stop whatever the media circus would be if Marner lost his A, while being on the last year of his contract with tons of pressure on him, etc etc.

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
I dont think you are very sure about the relevance of anything you've said in this thread.

I asked a simple question "what is your point, exactly?" because so far all I've seen is that you think the 1950's and 2010's are the same 'too old to be remembered' but hypocritically reference media from 1985.

Then I see you whining in another thread about an old reference being more than 10 years old and you were compelled to comment on it again. :laugh:

I answered your point with a 'hypocritical' inclusion of a since-forgotten Richard Pryor movie (which incidentally was a pretty funny movie and also the 16th highest grossing movie that year).

At this point I don't think I can help you, nor do I have any desire to after all of this. Best of luck if you end up deciding to see your doctor

Last edited:

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Wasn't really a funny copypasta because none of it clearly was relevant to Matthews. Would have been funnier if it referred to some clearly Matthews-related things.

Reactions: PainForShane

Nogatco Rd

Did you just call me Coltrane?
Apr 3, 2021
That meme is from 2012, literally 12 years ago. That Gotye song was the bestselling song that year, that's how long ago that meme originated. Obviously not about Auston Matthews, and so long ago that people shouldn't reasonably be expected to be familiar with it.

Thanks for sharing the reason you 'agree with those attacking his character.' smh

Not that I find it funny, but it’s not as obscure of a reference as you think

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
I agree with those attacking his character

I saw Auston Matthews at a grocery store in Toronto yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Not captain material imo
Classic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad