Maple Leafs name Auston Matthews captain

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
JT spends the whole summer hearing about how he screwed up the team cap structure, and how the Leafs would love to move him, but they can't. Then they take the Captaincy from him.

It's wierd to me how amicable this captaincy switch is.

Probably for the best though.
Tavares has the personality of a robot. He's like a Roomba vacuum. Does the Roomba get upset when the owner decides to use a different vacuum to clean its designated space?

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
quite the handoff Toronto

tavarestinman.jpg

courage.jpg

thegazelle

Nov 11, 2019
You're -THE- Dayna Douros?

Well, here is Auston's opportunity to switch things up.
Very true and point taken. I certainly have been wrong about people before and sometimes pleasantly surprised.

That said, I do really applaud how John Tavares has handled this with grace and class. Sounds like it was Brad that approached him so it didn't sound like John was the one that initiated it. But he may have also seen the writing on the wall, so to speak.

Reactions: SmoggyTwinkles

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
This is pretty clever............but it's been so long I can't quite put it together.

Something about no heart right?

edit: Tin Man had no heart, Lion had no courage?

Tin man needed the heart yeah. The Lion needed the courage. Not sure who would fit for the scarecrow that needed a brain, Rielly or Nylander. Leaning Rielly on that one. Dorothy is obviously Marner.

Treliving clearly the Wizard of Oz.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Pure class by Tavares. If I had any doubt he belonged in the HHoF, it's long gone.

He's not the right guy to lead a team in a major market, but I had no issues with his performance at the World Championships last spring.

Came up with a huge clutch goal with minutes left to tie up the game against the Czechs. Bad luck to lose in a shootout.

Reactions: dalewood12

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad