Value of: Manson/Rakell/Lindholm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
What would the motivation be?
He is in his d+2 and like you said, the return won’t be worth it.
A like prospect in an area of more need perhaps? I can see where offering up a 3rd or so isn't attention grabbing. Where's your farm system thin?
Anyway thanks for the replies

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I don't think Samorukov and a 2nd is far off from the value of a 1st from a good team. Seems like Semantecs to me.
Oh no I agree samorukov + 2nd is same as 1st , but the trade also has 50% retention + us taking turris as cap relief

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I can understand not having a firm idea what his worth is but he's 14th ranked on your own boards prospect list.
Prospect Info: - 2021 Ducks Prospect Rankings Honorable Mentions. I'd suspect the cost wouldn't be prohibitive

eh 14th behind a lot of pretty damn good prospects. I’d guess the team is really high on his potential and drafted him as a project, we did use the 36 pick on him.

his value isn’t prob great…. Maybe a 3rd, but we used a 2nd to get him do we should ride it out a bit.

As for your more recent post…. We’re thin on rhd mostly…. Every where else is fairly deep… next place I’d say would be RW, which colengelo fills…. Also a bit different from our other rw forward prospects

Reactions: bsu and Groo

Geardedandbearded

May 29, 2019
Not all oilers fans may feel this way but this is how I value our tradable assets(some just won’t be traded):

holloway
Broberg
Yamm
Samorukov
Bourgault
2022 first
2023 first
2023 2nd
Lavoie
Savoie
Benson

samorukov is getting underrated big time here. He will be back soon and getting some nhl reps which should hopefully allow other people around the league start to value him similarly.

Last edited:

Geardedandbearded

May 29, 2019
If we're giving up a package like that to Anaheim, I don't think its a package of expiring contracts coming back. I expect it would be John Gibson.

That was more of a general value template with the ducks. There would need to be retention, possibly double retention via a second team, and contracts such as turris going back. This trade completes the oilers as the Stanley cup favourites IMO. This is with the caveat that I am fully comfortable with koski for the rest of the year/playoffs. We need Holloway/samorukov(or broberg)/bourg to all make the team next year. It would take two of them and probably a first to get Gibson. Too rich short term and long term for me.

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
Not all oilers fans may feel this way but this is how I value our tradable assets(some just won’t be traded):

holloway
Broberg
Yamm
Samorukov
Bourgault
2022 first
2023 first
2023 2nd
Lavoie
Savoie
Benson

samorukov is getting underrated big time here. He will be back soon and getting some nhl reps which should hopefully allow other people around the league start to value him similarly.

I value picks in the hand of Ducks amateur scouts more then B prospects.
Samorukov wouldn't be ahead of Drysdale, Zellweger, LaCombe, or Thrun for me so it's hard thinking that he would be the main piece.

I take the 2022 and 2023 1sts over all but Holloway and Broberg.

Geardedandbearded

May 29, 2019
I value picks in the hand of Ducks amateur scouts more then B prospects.
Samorukov wouldn't be ahead of Drysdale, Zellweger, LaCombe, or Thrun for me so it's hard thinking that he would be the main piece.

I take the 2022 and 2023 1sts over all but Holloway and Broberg.

And id gladly give them up ahead of any of the players I listed above them. Works out for both

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
And id gladly give them up ahead of any of the players I listed above them. Works out for both

Agreed. Edmonton has the assets to load up and Anaheim has the combination of expiring contracts in positions of need, or Gibson. They are basically perfect trading partners, except in the same division.

would absolutely love Lindholm on Detroit.

Not sure why Detroit would pay to acquire him in the season though.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Agreed. Edmonton has the assets to load up and Anaheim has the combination of expiring contracts in positions of need, or Gibson. They are basically perfect trading partners, except in the same division.

Not sure why Detroit would pay to acquire him in the season though.
So they can run lindholm - Seider pairing

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
Would love Rakell on the Avs, desperately need another 2nd line winger to play with Kadri and Burakovsky.

Not sure what ANA would want, Avs don't have many picks left in next year's draft.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
I'd like to see New Jersey take a run at all 3 guys...

To New Jersey: Rackell, Lindholm, Manson

To Anaheim: Foote, Stillman, Vukojevic, Okhotyuk, Siegenthaler, Subban, Johnsson, EDM's 2022 4th, NYI's 2022 4th

New Jersey upgrade their lineup for a playoff push this season, while also clearing the remaining 2 years of Johnsson's contract. They might just have the best D in the league after this deal

Anaheim add a couple of solid forward prospects and the sons of former NHLers in Foote and Stillman, a couple of 20 year old D prospects in Vukojevic and Okhotyuk both of whom are in the first year of their ELC, a 24 year old LD in Siegenthaler who can step in and play major minutes right away, plus a couple of 4th rounders in this year's draft. Subban and Johnsson give them a couple of veteran warm bodies to fill out the lineup

New Jersey's possible lineup:

Rackell - Hughes - Sharangovich
Tatar - Hischier - Zacha
Wood - Mercer - Bratt
Kuokkanen - Mcleod - Vesey

Lindholm - Hamilton
Smith - Manson
Graves - Severson

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017

To Anaheim: Foote, Stillman, Vukojevic, Okhotyuk, Siegenthaler, Subban, Johnsson, EDM's 2022 4th, NYI's 2022 4th

New Jersey upgrade their lineup for a playoff push this season, while also clearing the remaining 2 years of Johnsson's contract. They might just have the best D in the league after this deal

Anaheim add a couple of solid forward prospects and the sons of former NHLers in Foote and Stillman, a couple of 20 year old D prospects in Vukojevic and Okhotyuk both of whom are in the first year of their ELC, a 24 year old LD in Siegenthaler who can step in and play major minutes right away, plus a couple of 4th rounders in this year's draft. Subban and Johnsson give them a couple of veteran warm bodies to fill out the lineup

Tatar - Hischier - Zacha
Wood - Mercer - Bratt

Lindholm - Hamilton
Smith - Manson
Graves - Severson
No

Reactions: 405Entrance
Oct 18, 2011

Tatar - Hischier - Zacha
Wood - Mercer - Bratt

Lindholm - Hamilton
Smith - Manson
Graves - Severson
We can't even get a 2nd back in a trade with Hampus Lindholm?

Reactions: 405Entrance

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

To New Jersey: Rackell, Lindholm, Mt? anson

Tatar - Hischier - Zacha
Wood - Mercer - Bratt

Lindholm - Hamilton
Smith - Manson
Graves - Severson
@bernmeister this your other account?

wraparound

May 17, 2014
me, seeing people spell it “Rackell” on the very same internet they could use to look up how to spell his name:
480C6FE0-CDF6-43C0-BD70-9C718C15737C.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad