Value of: Manson/Rakell/Lindholm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
1st + Neighbours + Scandella is a good enough return for me to consider, to be honest.

I like Neighbours because I think his profile would be an interesting pairing with McTavish.
I don't see the Blues paying the equivalent of two firsts to turn Scandella into an unsigned Lindholm. The deal makes sense only if the Blues plan on extending him, so the Blues would want to talk to the agent for a comfort level or involve a conditional pick in addition to a 2022 1st.

I also think they particularly like Neighbors enough that they would pay two firsts before they did a first + Neighbors. It's tempting to throw Scandella in return because of some help with cap but I think Armstrong won't want to subtract experienced NHL defensemen for a run. I think he would look for another way to make the cap work for this year, most likely involving having moved Tarasenko by then.

It could be 2022 1st + prospect (not Neighbors/Bolduc) + conditional pick

Edit: Before it gets misconstrued by my own side because I said it "makes sense," I would personally balk at the price of two firsts for a rental, and also I would balk at Neighbors or Bolduc being included. It's likely to be a competitive market for Lindholm if available.

Last edited:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I'd do a 1st+ small add for Rakell at 1.9

I've tried getting creative to see how we could add both Rakell and Manson. Would Anaheim retain on both?
that’s about where I imagine rakells value is

I’ve thought about that too…. I imagine if the price is right they wouldn’t mind retaining on both… as both are expiring contracts, can’t see retaining being a deal breaker

OilersCoffeeArtBeer

Jun 7, 2021
Seattle
I’d be trying to get a 1st+ for all 3.

Manson is a right shot with an NHL father. Teams will pay.

Lindholm is the best of the bunch. This is like adding Ryan Mcdonagh. It’s a championship move imo.

Rakell will also bring a first plus.

Should add quite a few futures to get in on Eichel. Problem is the remaining roster especially on defence looks weak after Drysdale Granted I’m not fully in the know on Ducks prospects.

Maybe extend Lindholm?
The way Buffalo is playing, trade eichel for the 3. Buffalo will make the playoffs haha

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
If the oilers are in on Rakell and lindholm, Yamamoto, the first in 2022, samourukov and Lavoie is probably going back. Maybe more.
I really only see lindholm available if he doesn’t have interest in resigning here.

I also think there would have to be cap space coming back and retention to make it work. Lot of teams will be in on lindholm even if just a rental

oilers: rakell + lindholm(at 50%)
Ducks: 22 1st, 23 1st, holloway, samourukov, cap dump

Prob more or less unlikely, don’t think yam is a good fit here

OilersCoffeeArtBeer

Jun 7, 2021
Seattle
I really only see lindholm available if he doesn’t have interest in resigning here.

I also think there would have to be cap space coming back and retention to make it work. Lot of teams will be in on lindholm even if just a rental

oilers: rakell + lindholm(at 50%)
Ducks: 22 1st, 23 1st, holloway, samourukov, cap dump

Prob more or less unlikely, don’t think yam is a good fit here
Yeah, I don't care what the price is with prospects if it means the oilers push for the cup.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
I like it, I assume 50%
That would be a pretty good deal.

I wonder if the Ducks would also be interested in a Myers for Henrique swap?

Both overpaid, and if we got Manson, we wouldn't need Myers that much anymore. Our Center depth would be really solid with EP-Horvat-Henrique-Dick

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
That would be a pretty good deal.

I wonder if the Ducks would also be interested in a Myers for Henrique swap?

Both overpaid, and if we got Manson, we wouldn't need Myers that much anymore. Our Center depth would be really solid with EP-Horvat-Henrique-Dick

Definitely don't hate it, especially if the Ducks get rid of Manson(which they should). After Drysdale, the Ducks don't have anyone to fill any sort of top 4 RD void.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Samorukov + 2nd + Turris
For
Rakell at 50%

Oilers only take on 0.245 in cap, and aside from possibly goaltending.. they look pretty stacked after this.

Note that the 2nd May have to be 2023 IF Keith plays top 4 minutes in the playoffs and the Oilers make it to the Finals. That's a condition in the Chicago trade.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I don't see the Blues paying the equivalent of two firsts to turn Scandella into an unsigned Lindholm. The deal makes sense only if the Blues plan on extending him, so the Blues would want to talk to the agent for a comfort level or involve a conditional pick in addition to a 2022 1st.

I also think they particularly like Neighbors enough that they would pay two firsts before they did a first + Neighbors. It's tempting to throw Scandella in return because of some help with cap but I think Armstrong won't want to subtract experienced NHL defensemen for a run. I think he would look for another way to make the cap work for this year, most likely involving having moved Tarasenko by then.

It could be 2022 1st + prospect (not Neighbors/Bolduc) + conditional pick

Edit: Before it gets misconstrued by my own side because I said it "makes sense," I would personally balk at the price of two firsts for a rental, and also I would balk at Neighbors or Bolduc being included. It's likely to be a competitive market for Lindholm if available.
If lindholm does become available I can’t imagine him getting anything less than equivalent of 2 1sts tbh. Also not sure blues make the most sense as trade partners if neighbors and bolduc are off the table

but I also completely understand them being off the table

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
If lindholm does become available I can’t imagine him getting anything less than equivalent of 2 1sts tbh. Also not sure blues make the most sense as trade partners if neighbors and bolduc are off the table

but I also completely understand them being off the table
And I can understand Anaheim holding out for top value. Blues prospects I see being attractive to other teams are Neighbors, Bolduc, Kostin, Perunovich. If I'm preserving two, it's Neighbors and Bolduc.

What would Kostin have to produce his rookie season here to make this attractive?

2022 1st + Kostin + conditional 2023 2d/3d if Lindholm re-signs

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
And I can understand Anaheim holding out for top value. Blues prospects I see being attractive to other teams are Neighbors, Bolduc, Kostin, Perunovich. If I'm preserving two, it's Neighbors and Bolduc.

What would Kostin have to produce his rookie season here to make this attractive?

2022 1st + Kostin + conditional 2023 2d/3d if Lindholm re-signs
I actually forgot about kostin…. And Anaheim seems to have gone back to the Russian pool.

maybe something like that works, assuming lindholm doesn’t want to resign here… it really just depends on what other teams are willing to offer.

We do like our big body forwards

Reactions: PocketNines

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
I actually forgot about kostin…. And Anaheim seems to have gone back to the Russian pool.

maybe something like that works, assuming lindholm doesn’t want to resign here… it really just depends on what other teams are willing to offer.

We do like our big body forwards
He's coming off an impactful performance for a KHL winner this summer and was always going to take a few years to season. He looks pretty good three games in, but nearly everyone does. I think the Blues really like him but they'll have to part with someone they like if there's a lot of interest and they win the bidding.

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
Samorukov + 2nd + Turris
For
Rakell at 50%

Oilers only take on 0.245 in cap, and aside from possibly goaltending.. they look pretty stacked after this.

Note that the 2nd May have to be 2023 IF Keith plays top 4 minutes in the playoffs and the Oilers make it to the Finals. That's a condition in the Chicago trade.

Is this a joke? Ducks take Turris and retain and don’t even get a 1st out of it lol.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
Trade Rakell for a RD. Trade Manson for RW. Trade Shattenkirk for something while he's getting points. Trade Lindholm if he won't re-sign for serviceable LD(not Scamdella), pick, prospect. Trade Milano for low rd pick if he doesn't get going. Trade Deslauriers for mid-rd pick at deadline.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Is this a joke? Ducks take Turris and retain and don’t even get a 1st out of it lol.

The alternative is to not retain, not take Turris, and not get a first anyways. Lol

Who's offering a 1st without retention exactly? I'll wait...

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
Sharks fan inquiring into the ask for Sam Colangelo?

I doubt the Ducks would want to trade a guy they drafted a year ago unless in a package.

The alternative is to not retain, not take Turris, and not get a first anyways. Lol

When did I ever say 1st without retention?
You had retention and Turris and didn't even offer a 1st when multiple others have offered a 1st + for just retention.

No issue with retention 0r even taking cap back but don't lowball at the same time lol.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

A lot of teams would offer a 1st for Rakell, specially with retention, hell a lot of oilers fans would

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Sharks fan inquiring into the ask for Sam Colangelo?
Haha way too early to consider moving him, unless he is part of a bigger trade…. If he’s part of something like an eichel deal sure, but a lateral type move prob wait until we see what he can become

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad