Value of: Manson/Rakell/Lindholm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I'd certainly hope the Pens would be in on Manson. RD is a bit of a question mark after Letang and Marino, and adding another defensive oriented D would be ideal IMO.

What are the Ducks' needs prospect wise?
our pool is pretty deep everywhere at this point …. Picks might be priority or top 6 potential forwards, right handed dmen

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
With the Ducks are any of the prospect LHD legit top 4 guys in the future? Anaheim hasn’t developed D in a few years. Concern would be them swimming in mediocrity for a few years. I don’t know about his injury status but if that’s a concern then a long term deal doesn’t make sense for anaheim either. Tough call there.

manson too slow to keep around long term. Best to move him.

Rackell is a 2nd line forward, so that is replaceable moving forward. 29 as a ufa so given the ducks situation moving him makes sense too.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
With the Ducks are any of the prospect LHD legit top 4 guys in the future? Anaheim hasn’t developed D in a few years. Concern would be them swimming in mediocrity for a few years. I don’t know about his injury status but if that’s a concern then a long term deal doesn’t make sense for anaheim either. Tough call there.

manson too slow to keep around long term. Best to move him.

Rackell is a 2nd line forward, so that is replaceable moving forward. 29 as a ufa so given the ducks situation moving him makes sense too.
We shouldn’t trade lindholm , he should be resigned but who knows.

As for lhd Lacombe zelleweger thrun hinds all have decent upside, zelleweger having the most

Reactions: 405Entrance and bsu

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
We shouldn’t trade lindholm , he should be resigned but who knows.

As for lhd Lacombe zelleweger thrun hinds all have decent upside, zelleweger having the most
The last legit Dman that the Ducks developed was like Manson. They did great with Lindholm, Vats, Fowler, Petterson, etc in the mid 201X years but haven’t produced much since with guys like Larsson, Guhle, Mahura, etc.

that would be the main concern moving off Lindholm. But if his health is a question mark moving forward then locking him up for max term doesn’t make sense either. So that’s the balance Murray has to figure out because his seat should be hot.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Would love Rakell in Colorado. Ducks would have to take back Ryan Murray + potentially retain on Rakell ~1M in order for salaries to work (might even be a little less).

Not sure who the Ducks would want, though. Prospects like Martin Kaut/Shane Bowers available. Don't think I'd be willing to include the likes of Newhook/Barron for a UFA Rakell.

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
How much would it cost to get a wake up call service for GM Bob Murray? Because he's been borderline comatose for a long time now.

Trading any of these three guys would require an actual decision to sell. I just don't think Bob "status quo" Murray has it in him. He'll just stay the course until he's fired, from the look of things.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Rakell be a good pickup at deadline.
I can see him going to the Leafs. Leafs/Ana have a solid business relationship and at some point I was told that our scouting staff are really tight. Meaning that our 2 clubs may be more familiar with each others prospects/players than some other clubs.
So for Rackell we may not have the big name prospects but Ana scouting staff may have a better knowledge of our prospects on a personal level meaning they may go for a guy who they know will fit the room over a guy with more potential/

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
With maybe the exception of an extended Lindholm, the Ducks are unlikely to get what they need for any of the other players. Anaheim has great depth in terms of prospect pool, there are plenty of guys that project to be second line/second pair players and below (RHD probably being the weakest position behind Drysdale?). They are missing the high end players. Because of that, I think Anaheim will want draft picks. They are bigger mystery boxes, but having more shots at getting an elite player would probably benefit them more than having an already drafted player that projects to middle 6/mid pair player. The exception would be if there is a recently drafted young guy that they think could explode in the near future.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
I’d be trying to get a 1st+ for all 3.

Manson is a right shot with an NHL father. Teams will pay.

Lindholm is the best of the bunch. This is like adding Ryan Mcdonagh. It’s a championship move imo.

Rakell will also bring a first plus.

Should add quite a few futures to get in on Eichel. Problem is the remaining roster especially on defence looks weak after Drysdale Granted I’m not fully in the know on Ducks prospects.

Maybe extend Lindholm?

Reactions: bsu

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Ducks still have Fowler as their LHD for the foreseeable future as his has a ntc deal for like 5 more seasons or so. You can move Lindholm if you truly believe that one of your LHD prospects can be a top 4 guy soon. If they turn into the next Guhle, Larson, Mahura then the ducks are in trouble.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Ducks still have Fowler as their LHD for the foreseeable future as his has a ntc deal for like 5 more seasons or so. You can move Lindholm if you truly believe that one of your LHD prospects can be a top 4 guy soon. If they turn into the next Guhle, Larson, Mahura then the ducks are in trouble.

17-Laughing-Really-Hard-Gif.gif

Reactions: 405Entrance and bsu

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
ANA fans,

1)
What is Lindholm likely to get on market if he doesn't re-up with you guys?

2)
Summarize the good and bad the last 3 years in ANA?
Injuries are a factor/concern but more focus on his defense and skating?

Please and thank you.
FLA would love to have him.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
ANA fans,

1)
What is Lindholm likely to get on market if he doesn't re-up with you guys?

2)
Summarize the good and bad the last 3 years in ANA?
Injuries are a factor/concern but more focus on his defense and skating?

Please and thank you.
FLA would love to have him.
Hard to really guess his value in open market, I imagine 7.5-8.5 range on open market, if he stays in Anaheim I imagine 6.5-7.5.

injuries have been his biggest issue, as far as defense goes, he’s still a stud…. Skating is fine he’s not fowler but he’s not awful either, and for what he lacks for in speed/agility he makes up for in angles and stick work

Oct 18, 2011
I'd certainly hope the Pens would be in on Manson. RD is a bit of a question mark after Letang and Marino, and adding another defensive oriented D would be ideal IMO.

What are the Ducks' needs prospect wise?
Honestly we just need to keep building an asset base

Oct 18, 2011
The last legit Dman that the Ducks developed was like Manson. They did great with Lindholm, Vats, Fowler, Petterson, etc in the mid 201X years but haven’t produced much since with guys like Larsson, Guhle, Mahura, etc.

that would be the main concern moving off Lindholm. But if his health is a question mark moving forward then locking him up for max term doesn’t make sense either. So that’s the balance Murray has to figure out because his seat should be hot.
Jamie Drysdale is well on his way right now but we need more

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Hard to really guess his value in open market, I imagine 7.5-8.5 range on open market, if he stays in Anaheim I imagine 6.5-7.5.

injuries have been his biggest issue, as far as defense goes, he’s still a stud…. Skating is fine he’s not fowler but he’s not awful either, and for what he lacks for in speed/agility he makes up for in angles and stick work

Thank you!!

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I would love to pick up Lindholm from the Blues POV. But, they would have to trade back some cap. Would Our 1st this year, one of our big prospects (Kostin or Neighbors?), and Scandella work? Or is there something more you'd be looking for from the Blues.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Broberg+yammamoto+2022 first+lavoie for lindholm+getzlaf+rakell
That might not even get you Lindholm. Broberg has low hockeyIQ (do not want him) and Yamamato is not what we need, an undersized middle 6 guy that isn't playing good and we end up waiving him.
I'd rather have Aatu Raty + 1st + 2nd for Lindholm from the Islanders than that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad