Value of: Manson/Rakell/Lindholm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Oct 18, 2011
Presuming none sign extensions what is the market for these players to contenders.

Lindholm is a great player but is injury prone

Rakell is very talented and is a very good complimentary player who gets hot and cold

Manson has lost a step but is still a physical presence who can help a cup contender as long as they dont expect him to be a top pairing player

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
As a Blues fan I would be very interested in Lindholm. I have actually brought him up several times on our boards as a possible target this year to fill out our defense. Likely would need the Ducks to either retain some salary and take back a contract (Scandella) to make it happen though, which of course would drive the price even higher.

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
As a Blues fan I would be very interested in Lindholm. I have actually brought him up several times on our boards as a possible target this year to fill out our defense. Likely would need the Ducks to either retain some salary and take back a contract (Scandella) to make it happen though, which of course would drive the price even higher.

I have a feeling the Ducks will have no issue retaining in order to get bigger pieces for these guys. I suspect they'll try hard to extend at least one if not two of these guys, though.

Geardedandbearded

May 29, 2019
Salary cap says No.. as does Holland.

All 3 would be rentals because Oilers won't have any cap space to extend any of them

ducks can retain and we can move some salary out; especially if this is closer to the TDL. As far as the second part goes, idc if it brings a cup to Edmonton this year and with that trade I think that would be the case. I’m also more confident in koski than most. Don’t laugh but I think he’s ready to go tukka rask mode

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Broberg+yammamoto+2022 first+lavoie for lindholm+getzlaf+rakell

That trade is dumb on so many levels, even ignoring the impossible cap implications.

For a haul like that (oh and remember, Getzlaf isn't going anywhere) and in any trade with the Ducks the Oilers must target Gibson. Gibson and Lindholm would cost a lot (you're giving up three first round assets plus a great prospect in Lavoie and hardly moving any salary out in your absurd trade) but the Oilers must move Koskinen when getting a goalie from anyone. So there is a lot to unpack there. Hell I don't even think NHL22 would you make that deal.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
ducks can retain and we can move some salary out; especially if this is closer to the TDL. As far as the second part goes, idc if it brings a cup to Edmonton this year and with that trade I think that would be the case. I’m also more confident in koski than most. Don’t laugh but I think he’s ready to go tukka rask mode
Koski being good is another reason why this makes no sense. Oilers won't even be able to afford him past this season even if they walked away from Puljujarvi.

Oilers are in cap he'll next season and need guys like Lavoie, Skinner and Broberg to be NHL regulars next season

Geardedandbearded

May 29, 2019
Koski being good is another reason why this makes no sense. Oilers won't even be able to afford him past this season even if they walked away from Puljujarvi.

Oilers are in cap he'll next season and need guys like Lavoie, Skinner and Broberg to be NHL regulars next season

If I haven’t made it clear my concern is this season. The cap crunch next year is part of that. Samorukov, Holloway, benson and McLeod will handle the rookie salaries needed for next year. Maybe bourg too.

Geardedandbearded

May 29, 2019
That trade is dumb on so many levels, even ignoring the impossible cap implications.

For a haul like that (oh and remember, Getzlaf isn't going anywhere) and in any trade with the Ducks the Oilers must target Gibson. Gibson and Lindholm would cost a lot (you're giving up three first round assets plus a great prospect in Lavoie and hardly moving any salary out in your absurd trade) but the Oilers must move Koskinen when getting a goalie from anyone. So there is a lot to unpack there. Hell I don't even think NHL22 would you make that deal.

I’d argue we don’t need to upgrade goalie this year. However, filling out the roster while not completely mortgaging the future, ahead of a cap crunch next year, means going for the cup this year and with those additions I’d being feeling good about a cup run.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
If I haven’t made it clear my concern is this season. The cap crunch next year is part of that. Samorukov, Holloway, benson and McLeod will handle the rookie salaries needed for next year. Maybe bourg too.
There shouldn't be any concern. Oilers will breeze into playoffs with what they have. We don't need to add Rakell or Getzlaf.
Yama struggling this season is good for EDM long term. We might actually be able to get both him and Puljujarvi signed if he continues to struggle.
He is a good 3RW long term for us.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

Geardedandbearded

May 29, 2019
There shouldn't be any concern. Oilers will breeze into playoffs with what they have. We don't need to add Rakell or Getzlaf.
Yama struggling this season is good for EDM long term. We might actually be able to get both him and Puljujarvi signed if he continues to struggle.
He is a good 3RW long term for us.

we talk about the long term so much we forget we live in the short term! Yamm will be a fine nhl player; idk if the oilers can wait around for him to solidify all his weaknesses.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I do agree oilers focus should be less about long term and more about winning a cup…. But this is too much

maybe you move a 1st, 2nd, prospect not named Bouchard for help up front or on blue line…. Really only way you should be moving farm is if a goalie like gibson is available.

Rakell at 50% would be a nice for oilers….
Manson at 50% bucks would prob be a solid
Obviously lindholm and Gibson would be ideal pick ups but lindholm price for half year prob isn’t worth it cause oilers can’t sign him

DrDangles

Mar 1, 2013
I'd certainly hope the Pens would be in on Manson. RD is a bit of a question mark after Letang and Marino, and adding another defensive oriented D would be ideal IMO.

What are the Ducks' needs prospect wise?

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad